Cortisone injection

Andman

I’ve found toradol injections, hyaluronic acid injections, and prp as possible alternative options if anybody has any input.
have you tried red light on the area for 20+ minutes? dirt cheap, tons of systemic effects and def worth a try

rediscovered it when it fixed a back tweak i got recently when doing cleans after heavy DLs

S-VV

I wanted to bump this as I still having trouble with my shoulder after seeing multiple other doctors and trying other therapies and still have about the same level of pain. Playing golf and lifting anything over head or bench pressing are still very painful 5 months later.

I got this from the internet and wanted to see if SVV or anybody else could chime in. I know a cortisone injection would heal this. I’ve had a couple before I knew they were bad and completely fixed my injuries, but I want to avoid any systemic hormonal effects or gain of fat tissue due to it. This quote makes me feel better about it but not sure if it is correct.

Cortisone injections will make me fat and give me weak bones: Taking oral cortisone (or prednisone) for long periods of time can certainly have side-effects, which do limit the use of this very effective drug. These would include weight gain, osteoporosis, diabetes and high blood pressure. A small amount of cortisone is absorbed after an injection, but quickly cleared within 2-3 days. There are no long term side-effects from repeat local injections of cortisone.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated because I can’t fix it and don’t know what else to do.
Sorry that it hasn't improved man. Broadly, there are two approaches. On the one hand, the nonspecific bioenergetic support you can find in this forum. Im talking diet, niacinamide, progesterone etc... These kinds of intervention alone may help establish a healing environment for your shoulder. On the other hand, there is the symptomatic quick relief that you can by targeted interventions that are powerful but have side effects. I think a combination of the two will be most successful.

With regards to the weight gain side effect, its in part a consequence of insulin resistance as well as cortisone "seep" from the local joint to systemic circulation. I would use niacinamide, progesterone and pregnenolona, and some androgens. That combinations along with general Peaty support would, I think, minimise corticoid side effects

OP
T

Tbone107

Sorry that it hasn't improved man. Broadly, there are two approaches. On the one hand, the nonspecific bioenergetic support you can find in this forum. Im talking diet, niacinamide, progesterone etc... These kinds of intervention alone may help establish a healing environment for your shoulder. On the other hand, there is the symptomatic quick relief that you can by targeted interventions that are powerful but have side effects. I think a combination of the two will be most successful.

With regards to the weight gain side effect, its in part a consequence of insulin resistance as well as cortisone "seep" from the local joint to systemic circulation. I would use niacinamide, progesterone and pregnenolona, and some androgens. That combinations along with general Peaty support would, I think, minimise corticoid side effects
Thanks SVV.. I’ve hit the Ray peat diet for awhile and have been taking the niacinamide etc for awhile now to no avail. Do you have any opinion on the efficacy or affects from the injection of toradol, hyaluronic, or PRP as alternatives? I’m going to keep trying other things as I really want to avoid the cortisone

OP
T

Tbone107

have you tried red light on the area for 20+ minutes? dirt cheap, tons of systemic effects and def worth a try

rediscovered it when it fixed a back tweak i got recently when doing cleans after heavy DLs
What is the ideal type of red light that you used?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals