Cortisol Too Low?

P.G.Marjorie

Thats great. Did you find any pattern with your menstrual cycle, when that first happened and now when you feel better?

OP
C

CarrieLeigh

Thats great. Did you find any pattern with your menstrual cycle, when that first happened and now when you feel better?
No I really didnt. I have been using progesterone the last 2 weeks of my cycle for at least a year.

Soren

Forum Supporter
I think I have recently experienced the same low cortisol issue. Past couple of days could not get good sleep while on cortisol lowering supplements. Would fall asleep then wake up without feeling rested. After a workout yesterday I took some adamantane (in the form of diamant 4 drops) which also has tocopherols which are shown to lower cortisol. A few hours later my whole body ached like I had the flu, low energy and aches everywhere. When I got home I took two ibuprofen and used a full body red light device and this helped a lot. Went to sleep and rested well however this morning I still have the aches although not as bad as before.

It appears for me an others that lowering a lot of these stress hormones too much causes a lot of problems. Anyone have any idea how long it takes for cortisol levels to return to "normal".

Mito

It appears for me an others that lowering a lot of these stress hormones too much causes a lot of problems. Anyone have any idea how long it takes for cortisol levels to return to "normal".
Have you ever tested your cortisol levels? Cortisol levels vary significantly depending on the time of day. Testing can reveal if its total cortisol production or maybe you're not getting the normal morning kick of cortisol. Here is an example test result:
IMG_0713.jpg

Soren

Forum Supporter
Thanks for this @Mito I will definitely give it a look. I have never tested my levels before. However, a while ago I was on probably too many cortisol and estrogen lowering substances and I would wake up with aches in my feet and other parts of my body too. Like you said I was not getting my morning kick of cortisol and it was difficult to wake up. After about of week of giving up all these supplements things improved dramatically. I have been much more measured in my supplement dosing for the past 7 months or so, taking what I considered to be a minimal amount on occasion. Mainly I have only been taking vitamin a and b vitamins once or twice a week. The one time recently when I mixed a bunch of stress reducing substances together to get over a hangover I actually felt worse although not like I do now.

There are slight differences this time that make me think this is not an issue of estrogen being too low but rather cortisol. One of the symptoms of estrogen being too low is a reduced libido which I experienced previously but not this time. Also the fact that I had an intense weight workout and then shortly after took the cortisol lowering substance. A reduction of too much cortisol from exercise I imagine would be helpful but something that drives it too low I imagine would be just as bad.

D

Deleted member 5487

Have you ever felt like maybe you went too far with supplements and lowered your cortisol too much? That's how I'm feeling right now after quite a few months of feeling really good. Temps and pulse are good but I "feel" like my cortisol is low now. I'm feeling pretty bad a large chunck of the day now. So tired I could sleep. I had low cortisol back in 2012 but I have come so far since then. Too much, caffeine, aspirin, cypro...etc???

You are not alone after months of estroban. One night I took it under my tongue and my pulse went to 35. Didn't think I was gonna wake up in the morn.

FitnessMike

I can confirm that too many stress-lowering supplements mess with the metabolism and prevent thyroid hormones from exerting their effect, some of them, if used constantly, are very detrimental like cypro/vit E.

youngsinatra

What does your diet consists of?
List all your supplements, please.

FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Back, here again, i believe i once again overdid certain things and overly lowered my cortisol. Gelatine/broths and daily magnesium baths.

Apart from blood sugar swings at night and low pulse, i had very unusual symptoms that i never really had before and didn't have any idea what caused it.

A quick Google search and it seems to be one of low cortisol symptoms, flu-like cold shivers.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals