Hans

Forum Supporter
So what are the best supps or herbs for lowering cort? I think mine is too high. I think due to life long issues it’s kinda stuck there.

Any thoughts?
Carbs are most effective.
Cocoa is great for reducing oxidative stress thus improving cortisol sensitivity to its receptor which is great for the negative feedback loop. High 5alpha reductase activity also helps to deactivate cortisol and those metabolites are also effective at lowering cortisol through the negative feedback loop.
Aspirin, glycine, niacinamide, theanine, vit D, tribulus (worked for me), Gonadin (made me and my wife super relaxed), phosphatidylserine, tulsi and a bunch more stuff.
43 Ways to Lower Cortisol that work (2019 update)

bluefish

thanks... I was using the estro-detox from 'rawforestfoods'... I took because I felt I had high cort... basically, I tend to be overly nervous and stressed. Sounds lame, and it is, ... not very alpha of me. And I want to change that.

When I was using the estro-detox, I think I was actually less stressed etc... so, idk what all was going on, but I do think it helped with that sort of thing. Obviously I dont want and cant be taking the estro-ban all the time, and as mentioned above, id love to get to the root cause. I have felt this way my whole life... I grew up this way, my parents were this way etc, to its pretty ingrained in my being. I have no doubt I can get through this, but... I do think my body is kinda stuck in this mode... basically.

I was using gonadin also... I ran out and havent reupped on it yet... thats a good one... also I'll check out your link (which Ive probably viewed before, you have great content).

Sleep sometimes is good, and sometimes not. Recently, its not that great. I never feel like im in a really deep relaxed sleep...

I actually am glad im posting this stuff, and that people are responding. This actually has been a issue my whole life which ha affectd it in big and small ways.

bluefish

Carbs are most effective.
Cocoa is great for reducing oxidative stress thus improving cortisol sensitivity...

I take a few scoops of raw cocoa a day... and for carbs... whats good thats not bread based?
thanks for all your input Hans.

btw, my name is Hans also... lol not many Hans' out there. :)

Vinny

I noticed a profound improvement from adding 200 mg of Pregnenolone and aspirin (1 or 2 a day so far).
1 or 2 aspirins a day of how many milligrams? And, the 200 mg of Preg is a single dose?
Thanks

Hans

Forum Supporter
thanks... I was using the estro-detox from 'rawforestfoods'... I took because I felt I had high cort... basically, I tend to be overly nervous and stressed. Sounds lame, and it is, ... not very alpha of me. And I want to change that.

When I was using the estro-detox, I think I was actually less stressed etc... so, idk what all was going on, but I do think it helped with that sort of thing. Obviously I dont want and cant be taking the estro-ban all the time, and as mentioned above, id love to get to the root cause. I have felt this way my whole life... I grew up this way, my parents were this way etc, to its pretty ingrained in my being. I have no doubt I can get through this, but... I do think my body is kinda stuck in this mode... basically.

I was using gonadin also... I ran out and havent reupped on it yet... thats a good one... also I'll check out your link (which Ive probably viewed before, you have great content).

Sleep sometimes is good, and sometimes not. Recently, its not that great. I never feel like im in a really deep relaxed sleep...

I actually am glad im posting this stuff, and that people are responding. This actually has been a issue my whole life which ha affectd it in big and small ways.
Two potent anti-stress substances are vitamin D and magnesium. Have you tried magnesium before?
I take a few scoops of raw cocoa a day... and for carbs... whats good thats not bread based?
thanks for all your input Hans.

btw, my name is Hans also... lol not many Hans' out there. :)
Any carb can be good as long as you dont react negatively to it. I'd advise to start with sources that are not allergenic and find a few good sources you do good on and then you can later experiment with adding allergenic sources, such as milk, night shade family, etc.
Please don't feel obligated to add anything to your diet just because someone said some food is good and now you have to force yourself to consume it.

NewACC

In the animal models they call this "sucrose preference test". It is a test for anhedonia as a result of depression - i.e. depressed animals lose taste for sweet stuff, which they normally crave a LOT. So, if the sweet tooth is coming back then anhedonia may be abating and as such depression as well...
SSRI drugs are pretty bad, and the fact that they lower desire for sweet is a good sign for their bad effects. Anything that causes anhedonia should be avoided.
Hello, @haidut , what supplements or drugs can reverse anhedonia caused by former long-term take of prozak and stims like adderall? Can you reverse it?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals