Cortisol Saliva Test

nostalgic

Screenshot_2018-04-20-18-51-07.png
I just received the results from my cortisol saliva test. I'm suffering from muscle pain, muscle weakness, headache, and extreme hunger. Is this possibly due to my cortisol levels? It was too high only once during the day.

Luckytype

What does your food intake look like throughout the day? Everything looks pretty good except for that third point. Any idea what happens around that time of day within a couple hours?

x-ray peat

View attachment 9057 I just received the results from my cortisol saliva test. I'm suffering from muscle pain, muscle weakness, headache, and extreme hunger. Is this possibly due to my cortisol levels? It was too high only once during the day.
I had a similiar cortisol profile though not quite as high during the third reading. One thing you could look into is the adrenal reset diet. In it you eat mostly protein in the morning to increase cortisol and then add a little more carbs to lunch and then mostly carbs for dinner to get the cortisol profile back on track.

OP
N

nostalgic

why not do blood saliva secretions vary.

I've read that a 24h saliva test is more reliable.

What does your food intake look like throughout the day? Everything looks pretty good except for that third point. Any idea what happens around that time of day within a couple hours?

Breakfast: Eggs and rye bread
Dinner: Meat and reheated potatoes
Supper: Oats with yoghurt

When I took the third test I hadn't eaten for 4 hours, but it shouldn't spike that high from that, right? Considering I didn't eat breakfast before the first test.

Last edited:
OP
N

nostalgic

I had a similiar cortisol profile though not quite as high during the third reading. One thing you could look into is the adrenal reset diet. In it you eat mostly protein in the morning to increase cortisol and then add a little more carbs to lunch and then mostly carbs for dinner to get the cortisol profile back on track.
Do you mean to eat most of my protein at breakfast and barely any protein for the rest of the day?

x-ray peat

Thank you. How much fat each meal? Did it help your cortisol back on track?
I just found out about this a few weeks ago and haven't put it into practice so am just learning too. Your post reminded me about it so maybe Ill give it a try now. From what Ive read so far, you keep the fat constant, or maybe it doesnt matter too much. This summary suggests
Adrenal Reset Diet - Dr. Cheryl Kasdorf, ND
Breakfast= protein (palm of hand) + fat (golf ball) + carbs (1 golf ball) + unlimited foods
Lunch = protein (palm of hand) + fat (golf ball) + carbs (2 golf balls + unlimited foods
Dinner = protein (palm of hand) + fat (golf ball) + carbs (3 golf balls) + unlimited foods

OP
N

nostalgic

I went to the doctor to talk about my test results and was immediately told there's nothing wrong with my cortisol levels. Can someone please tell me what could possibly be wrong, I keep getting worse and I'm sick of never getting help from doctors.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals