haidut

Forum Supporter
The reason I decided to do a post on this study is that over the last several months, various public health authority bodies around the world have adopted "treatment protocols" for COVID-19 hospitalized patients, and virtually all such protocols contain a potent synthetic glucocorticoid such as dexamethasone. If the findings of the study below are true, then these protocols may be directly contributing to the death of all those critical COVID-19 patients who were unlucky enough to end up in a hospital and get such "treatment". Given the high mortality of patients hospitalized with COVID-19 in some countries, yet very low mortality rates in others suggests that it is some kind of difference in the medical interventions across the various countries that is contributing to the different outcomes. Intubation/ventilators has already been confirmed as an exacerbating factor in COVID-19 hospitalizations/deaths, and now we may have to add synthetic glucocorticoid drugs as another. In fact, considering that those synthetic glucocorticoids are administered very early after patient is admitted into the hospital (and usually long before intubations are attempted), the glucocorticoid therapy may very well be the primary factor driving exacerbations of those COVID-19 patients (with already VERY high cortisol levels) who eventually end up on a ventilator and/or dead.

DEFINE_ME
High cortisol levels associated with greater risk of death from COVID-19

"...COVID-19 patients with extremely high levels of the stress hormone cortisol in their blood are more likely to deteriorate quickly and die, according to new research published today. The study, led by NIHR Research Professor Waljit Dhillo from Imperial College London and Consultant Endocrinologist at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, provides the first data to show that cortisol levels are a marker of the severity of the illness. The researchers suggest they can be used to identify those patients who are more likely to need intensive care. Cortisol is produced by the body in response to stress such as illness, triggering changes in metabolism, heart function and the immune system to help our bodies cope. Our cortisol levels when healthy and resting are 100-200 nm/L and nearly zero when we sleep. When ill patients have low levels of cortisol, it can be life threatening. Excessive levels of cortisol during illness can be equally dangerous, leading to increased risk of infection and poor outcomes. In the new observational study of 535 patients, of whom 403 were confirmed to have COVID-19, cortisol levels in patients with COVID-19 were significantly higher than in those without. The levels in the COVID-19 group ranged as high as 3241—considerably higher even than after major surgery, when levels can top 1000. Amongst the COVID-19 patients, those with a baseline cortisol level of 744 or less survived on average for 36 days. Patients with levels over 744 had an average survival of just 15 days. Professor Dhillo, Head of Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism at Imperial College London, said: "From an endocrinologist's perspective, it makes sense that those COVID-19 patients who are the sickest will have higher levels of cortisol, but these levels are worryingly high."

LucyL

I've seen a lot of recommendations for nebulized budesonide at the earliest symptoms of COVID. Even though its nebulized it's considered a topical steroid, and therefore less systemic uptake.

Perry Staltic

The evidence keeps building that problematic covid is an iatrogenic tragedy. Imagine the elevated cortisol levels from off-the-charts terror and anxiety of having a perceived incurable illness, going to the hospital where no visits from friends and family are allowed, being surrounded by people in hazmat suits who act like you have ebola, etc,

I was just wondering how much of a role fear and anxiety are playing in this disease in the US, specifically considering how mortality seems to be highest in blue states with harsh stress-inducing lockdowns and are filled with people who really seem to be terrified by this illness; as compared to more rural red states with lesser lockdowns and mortality and have a more realistic "meh"-like attitude about covid. With this study, it now makes sense.

Last edited:

Perry Staltic

I just read that pain in the bones is a symptom of too much cortisol.

• Muscle and bone symptoms like a deep pain in the bones, weak muscles, chronic backaches, increased risk of bone fractures

It reminded me of a video I saw of a guy who was treated for covid with the MATH+ protocol that uses high dose methylprednisolone, a glucocorticoid. He said the best way to describe the painful symptoms of his "covid re-infection" was that it was running through his bones (1:42). I immediately thought of the numerous SARS patients who experienced the side effect of osteonecrosis (bone death) several months after being treated with methylprednisolone.

AndrewGesell

The evidence keeps building that problematic covid is an iatrogenic tragedy. Imagine the elevated cortisol levels from off-the-charts terror and anxiety of having a perceived incurable illness, going to the hospital where no visits from friends and family are allowed, being surrounded by people in hazmat suits who act like you have ebola, etc,

I was just wondering how much of a role fear and anxiety are playing in this disease in the US, specifically considering how mortality seems to be highest in blue states with harsh stress-inducing lockdowns and are filled with people who really seem to be terrified by this illness; as compared to more rural red states with lesser lockdowns and mortality and have a more realistic "meh"-like attitude about covid. With this study, it now makes sense.
Think you’ve got the Cart before the horse. Inflammatory damage to the lungs impedes breathing then elevated serotonin along with The vascular damage makes you start feeling helpless.

Perry Staltic

Think you’ve got the Cart before the horse. Inflammatory damage to the lungs impedes breathing then elevated serotonin along with The vascular damage makes you start feeling helpless.

Elevated serotonin can cause inflammatory damage to the lungs independent of virus. It's is a potent pulmonary vasoconstrictor, which can cause hypoxemia.

Serotonin syndrome DOES cause “silent hypoxemia” ... I’m looking at it. No - patient doesn’t have COVID19. Yes - eventually required intubation due to agitation and delirium after a few days but persistently hypoxic. Normal chest X-ray.
Normal VQ scan. Normal CT chest. No DVT. Labs eerily similar to COVID19. SUSTAINED PLASMA SEROTONIN ELEVATION WILL CAUSE A SYNDROME INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM COVID19 IN HUMANS ...

Perry Staltic

Reduced small blood vessel volume due to vasocontriction in the absence of infiltrates caused by inflammation

EsY5vRCVcAIPk_Y.jpg

P

Peatness

Dr Ray Peat quotes on high blood sugar and cortisol

Aspirin
and sodium bicarbonate, in small repeated amounts during the day, could help to lower cortisol and blood sugar; taking vitamin K helps to lower inflammation, and about 2000 mg of calcium per day, from cheese and milk."

"The supplements that most often help to correct diabetes-like conditions are niacinamide, thiamine, thyroid, and progesterone or pregnenolone. Vitamins D and K are clearly protective against developing diabetes, and their effects on many regulatory processes suggest that they would also help to correct existing hyperglycemia. Drinking coffee seems to be very protective against developing diabetes. Its niacin and magnesium are clearly important, but it is also a rich source of antioxidants, and it helps to maintain normal thyroid and progesterone production. Chocolate is probably protective too, and it is a good source of magnesium and antioxidants."

"A simple protein deficiency has many surprising effects. It lowers body temperature, and suppresses the thyroid, but it increases inflammation and the tendency of blood to clot. Since the brain and heart and lungs require a continuous supply of essential amino acids if they are to continue functioning, in the absence of dietary protein, cortisol must be produced continuously to mobilize amino acids from the expendable tissues, which are mainly the skeletal muscles."

This one is from one of haiduts

The ability of both niacinamide and glycine to lower cortisol, oppose estrogen, and promote androgenic signalling may also make them potential drugs for osteoporosis, depression, PTSD, sarcopenia, stress-induced ulcers, heart disease, hair loss, and even some neurodegenerative conditions like ALS and Huntington that have been shown to benefit from androgenic therapy (haidut).

I don't have the references for these, I keep a word document of useful Peat info.

B

Braveheart

Dr Ray Peat quotes on high blood sugar and cortisol

Aspirin
and sodium bicarbonate, in small repeated amounts during the day, could help to lower cortisol and blood sugar; taking vitamin K helps to lower inflammation, and about 2000 mg of calcium per day, from cheese and milk."

"The supplements that most often help to correct diabetes-like conditions are niacinamide, thiamine, thyroid, and progesterone or pregnenolone. Vitamins D and K are clearly protective against developing diabetes, and their effects on many regulatory processes suggest that they would also help to correct existing hyperglycemia. Drinking coffee seems to be very protective against developing diabetes. Its niacin and magnesium are clearly important, but it is also a rich source of antioxidants, and it helps to maintain normal thyroid and progesterone production. Chocolate is probably protective too, and it is a good source of magnesium and antioxidants."

"A simple protein deficiency has many surprising effects. It lowers body temperature, and suppresses the thyroid, but it increases inflammation and the tendency of blood to clot. Since the brain and heart and lungs require a continuous supply of essential amino acids if they are to continue functioning, in the absence of dietary protein, cortisol must be produced continuously to mobilize amino acids from the expendable tissues, which are mainly the skeletal muscles."

This one is from one of haiduts

The ability of both niacinamide and glycine to lower cortisol, oppose estrogen, and promote androgenic signalling may also make them potential drugs for osteoporosis, depression, PTSD, sarcopenia, stress-induced ulcers, heart disease, hair loss, and even some neurodegenerative conditions like ALS and Huntington that have been shown to benefit from androgenic therapy (haidut).

I don't have the references for these, I keep a word document of useful Peat info.
Nice...thank you!

HumanLife

"Other treatment used in COVID patients are Dexamethasone, Remdesivir and oxygen and support care."

Damn... Rest in peace to those who took these drugs, and to those suffering long "Covid-19" because of the drugs.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

"Other treatment used in COVID patients are Dexamethasone, Remdesivir and oxygen and support care."

Damn... Rest in peace to those who took these drugs, and to those suffering long "Covid-19" because of the drugs.

It's worse, actually. You did not bolden "oxygen" in addition to the dexa and remdesivir, as "oxygen" in a hospital setting typically means intubation, and that can easily kill a weakened, sick person and most certainly damages the survivor's lungs for life. Also, the "support care" usually includes acetaminophen (Tyelnol) and/or ibuprofen, which have now been shown to increase COVID-19 mortality, unlike aspirin, which lower risk of death.
Considering all of this, I would not be surprised if every death ascribed to COVID-19 is iatrogenic, as the vast majority of people who purpotedly died from COVID-19 did so in a hospital setting. Those who did survive are maimed for life. Add to that the long term effects of vaccines and it starts to look like genocide. A very effective way to destroy any society, and it is happening worldwide.

Perry Staltic

It's worse, actually. You did not bolden "oxygen" in addition to the dexa and remdesivir, as "oxygen" in a hospital setting typically means intubation, and that can easily kill a weakened, sick person and most certainly damages the survivor's lungs for life.

Even the non-invasive high flow oxygen therapies at up to 100% FiO2 can damage lungs due to increased ROS.

HumanLife

It's worse, actually. You did not bolden "oxygen" in addition to the dexa and remdesivir, as "oxygen" in a hospital setting typically means intubation, and that can easily kill a weakened, sick person and most certainly damages the survivor's lungs for life. Also, the "support care" usually includes acetaminophen (Tyelnol) and/or ibuprofen, which have now been shown to increase COVID-19 mortality, unlike aspirin, which lower risk of death.
Considering all of this, I would not be surprised if every death ascribed to COVID-19 is iatrogenic, as the vast majority of people who purpotedly died from COVID-19 did so in a hospital setting. Those who did survive are maimed for life. Add to that the long term effects of vaccines and it starts to look like genocide. A very effective way to destroy any society, and it is happening worldwide.
I've worked in the same hospital as a student nurse in the past and oxygen could just be oxygen through an oxygen mask. That said, most patients on oxygen masks that are conscious that I have seen would prefer to remove the mask, or wear it without it being fully attached to minimize the oxygen consumption. I don't know what the mixture they use is because I never studied it or reached the point where I would look deeper into them.