Cortisol Makes Me Feel Good?

bromuda

I've been thinking about this, because when I was doing IF and was overflowing myself with cortisol I usually felt good. Same thing happens now in the morning, I usually always feel good, alert and energized in the morning but after breakfast this feeling fades to a more low vibrating state.

I can see why keto and IF-diets are so popular!

opson123

Welcome to the club! The only way for me to feel good is to get those sweet stress hormones rolling.

ddjd

why do you think coffee makes you feel ready for the day - cortisol!

TeaRex14

I've been thinking about this, because when I was doing IF and was overflowing myself with cortisol I usually felt good. Same thing happens now in the morning, I usually always feel good, alert and energized in the morning but after breakfast this feeling fades to a more low vibrating state.

I can see why keto and IF-diets are so popular!
Cortisol is a stress hormone with anti-inflammatory capabilities in emergency situations. Not unlike how nitric oxide has vasodilating properties in emergency situations.

OP
B

bromuda

If you don't exercise, that suggests slower thyroid function. What about body temperature?
I haven't checked my body temperature unfortunately. I do exercise quite a bit but it was a long time since I did some serious cardiovascular work. I was into sports in my teens and remember I had a resting pulse in the low 50s back then.

OP
B

bromuda

Cortisol is a stress hormone with anti-inflammatory capabilities in emergency situations. Not unlike how nitric oxide has vasodilating properties in emergency situations.
That's interesting, I guess a lot of peoples lives are chronic emergencies

Peater Piper

A possibility for someone who feels good in a fasted state is the possibility that they have endotoxin or overgrowth issues in their intestines, especially if they immediately feel terrible after eating.

baccheion

A possibility for someone who feels good in a fasted state is the possibility that they have endotoxin or overgrowth issues in their intestines, especially if they immediately feel terrible after eating.
As inflammation is lowered during the fasted state, maybe they have excess. Also, cortisol lowers TSH (and therefore, prolactin). The fasted state is also associated with HGH, a mood booster.

TeaRex14

That's interesting, I guess a lot of peoples lives are chronic emergencies
Most people are, especially here in the North America and West Europe. Technically speaking I think the Asians were the last healthy population (nutritionally speaking) but several years back seed oils and PUFA intake started replacing things like beef tallow in their diets.

OP
B

bromuda

As inflammation is lowered during the fasted state, maybe they have excess. Also, cortisol lowers TSH (and therefore, prolactin). The fasted state is also associated with HGH, a mood booster.
Makes sense, my body composition improved a whole lot during IF. But I've realised that a muscle toned body =/= health.

LUH 3417

Most people are, especially here in the North America and West Europe. Technically speaking I think the Asians were the last healthy population (nutritionally speaking) but several years back seed oils and PUFA intake started replacing things like beef tallow in their diets.
Not to rely solely on anecdotes but I live in a predominantly Asian neighborhood in NYC and I can’t help but notice how large and well developed their heads are. They have very dimensional and defined bone structure and are usually quite thin. I don’t think they engage in extreme exercise or that is it really a part of their culture.

baccheion

Makes sense, my body composition improved a whole lot during IF. But I've realised that a muscle toned body =/= health.
Were you also exercising? I've heard about the composition changes. On the other hand, I've naturally intermittent fasted for most of my life and didn't see any changes.

TeaRex14

Not to rely solely on anecdotes but I live in a predominantly Asian neighborhood in NYC and I can’t help but notice how large and well developed their heads are. They have very dimensional and defined bone structure and are usually quite thin. I don’t think they engage in extreme exercise or that is it really a part of their culture.
Yeah I don't believe your average Asian is as metabolically damaged as Americans and Europeans. We started consuming elevated amounts of PUFA in the early 1900s, and since PUFA affects our offspring worse than us, there's a reason why younger generations of Americans and Europeans are increasingly becoming more and more unhealthy. Asia was the last continent to adopt seed oils and PUFA. Their 1st generation PUFA eaters are still alive, some of them. Our 1st generation PUFA eaters were back in 1900-1920 and they're all dead now, most of them anyways. They also typically walk everywhere they go too, so even though they don't really exercise you can't really say they're metabolically inactive either. NYC asians are probably the same, most NYC people walk a lot simply because it's easier travel than getting into traffic.

OP
B

bromuda

Were you also exercising? I've heard about the composition changes. On the other hand, I've naturally intermittent fasted for most of my life and didn't see any changes.
Yes, I was maybe going to the gym 2-3 times a week. But I had some muscle mass underneath already so just the drop in body fat from IF made a lot of change.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals