Cortisol Itself Lowers Histamine Levels

ddjd

It is commonly believed that cortisol causes allergies. That’s only part of the picture. The fact is that cortisol itself lowers histamine levels. It is the hormone that stimulates the adrenal release of cortisol that causes histamine release from mast cells. Chronically elevated CRH is associated with stress, as the release of CRH causes cortisol release from the adrenal glands. Under chronic stress, cortisol levels are low as the adrenal glands become exhausted and cannot produce sufficient cortisol. Yet the CRH hormone is likely elevated in chronic stress because the hypothalamus releases CRH via the HPA axis as the body is trying to induce more cortisol to address the stress perceived by the brain. Chronic stress is thereby a major cause of histamine release from mast cells due to the effect of corticotropic releasing hormone CRH

Elize

Thanks so much

How does one raise cortisol? Tons of information on lowering cortisol but increasing very little bar using steroids.

Elize

I took a B complex by Forefront Health that is for the thyroid and has B5 on Saturday b This morning am covered in hives that itch like hell.

redsun

I took a B complex by Forefront Health that is for the thyroid and has B5 on Saturday b This morning am covered in hives that itch like hell.

If you could please provide link so others can see whats in it, thanks. Also if you took the recommended dose. Certain B vitamins can be more pro-histamine and possibly trigger reactions.

Last edited:

redsun

Vitamin B Thyroid Complex

I took the recommended dose

I could say its probably the high niacinamide intake that did it as its very pro-histamine. At least it does raise it acutely and someone who is susceptible and generally has already high histamine it could easily worsen them. Also lots of B1 in there and its higher than anything else as well promoting acetylcholine which indirectly promotes histamine. Again depends on the person.

Elize

Gosh I do have Histamine issues and am on a low histamine diet. Does it mean I should not use the complex at all? Thanks so much for your help

redsun

Gosh I do have Histamine issues and am on a low histamine diet. Does it mean I should not use the complex at all? Thanks so much for your help

If you keep getting reactions from it probably not.

Peatogenic

FWIW, I noticed a negative response with niacinamide with skin, which follows my suspicions of histamine issues.

Elize

Wonder. Would taking a few drops rather than the recommended dose also cause a Histamine response?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals