Cortisol and histamine

redsun

If the tmg does not work - high zinc and copper foods, high doses Ascorbic acid (?), antihistamine like ketotifen.

Does this sound like a good plan to you ?
Most of the histamine in the body is deactivates by methylation, hence methyl donors are effective. However, histamine in foods is deactivated in the gut by DAO. Low DAO activity means more histamine is absorbed into food and enters the bloodstream triggering reactions.

But you have to realize some foods are triggering not because they contain histamine but they trigger your body's own histamine to release from mast cells.

Lowering total histamine with methylation may help most but it probably wont fix that specifically. Citrus is a good example of a food that triggers histamine but doesnt actually have histamine.

Ben.

How do you react to white button mushroom?

A collection of quotes from Dr Ray Peat regarding Mushrooms:

“I’ve been experimenting with white button mushrooms (sautéed in butter and coconut oil) at bedtime, and they work almost like the antihistamines.”

“Well cooked button mushrooms contain an effective amount of aromatase inhibitors, and can improve digestion, and are very nutritious, similar to meat.” (2015)

“Raw carrots, cooked bamboo shoots, and cooked mushrooms contain antibiotics that are safe to use everyday. Like tetracycline and the macrolide antibiotics, they (especially mushrooms) are also antiinflammatory.”

“The hydrazine-containing toxins that Toth and others wrote about are destroyed by heat. Since extracts made by boiling the mushrooms for three hours were very active, I think it’s good to boil them from one to three hours.” – Ray Peat newsletter

“A safe bowel disinfectant that can help with hormone balance is cooked white button mushrooms, a few ounces per day.”

“Mushrooms have very high quality protein that is easily assimilated, in association with a good balance of other nutrients.” “The fungal sterol, lanosterol, which is very similar in structure to cholesterol…”

“…some of the mushrooms’ protective effects result from inhibiting aromatase, the enzyme that synthesizes estrogen…”

OP
M

Motif

How do you react to white button mushroom?

A collection of quotes from Dr Ray Peat regarding Mushrooms:

“I’ve been experimenting with white button mushrooms (sautéed in butter and coconut oil) at bedtime, and they work almost like the antihistamines.”

“Well cooked button mushrooms contain an effective amount of aromatase inhibitors, and can improve digestion, and are very nutritious, similar to meat.” (2015)

“Raw carrots, cooked bamboo shoots, and cooked mushrooms contain antibiotics that are safe to use everyday. Like tetracycline and the macrolide antibiotics, they (especially mushrooms) are also antiinflammatory.”

“The hydrazine-containing toxins that Toth and others wrote about are destroyed by heat. Since extracts made by boiling the mushrooms for three hours were very active, I think it’s good to boil them from one to three hours.” – Ray Peat newsletter

“A safe bowel disinfectant that can help with hormone balance is cooked white button mushrooms, a few ounces per day.”

“Mushrooms have very high quality protein that is easily assimilated, in association with a good balance of other nutrients.” “The fungal sterol, lanosterol, which is very similar in structure to cholesterol…”

“…some of the mushrooms’ protective effects result from inhibiting aromatase, the enzyme that synthesizes estrogen…”

Never felt anything different from them unfortunately

OP
M

Motif

@redsun

First day no copper today , but about 10 mg zinc (didn’t take zinc for weeks , few days ago I started 4 mg), and my symptoms are so much better again.

Seems like zinc / copper is important for all this. But I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Wrong ratio?

I really need to find a good ratio. When I take zinc only my symptoms improve for few days a lot and then it gets bad.

When I stop zinc and take copper only my symptoms get much better and after some days it gets bad.

Any ideas how to find out the best ratio for me?
Few days only copper , few days zinc ?

Copper in the morning , zinc in the evening?

One day zinc - one day copper?

What doses is another question then

Last edited:

Kray

@redsun

First day no copper today , but about 10 mg zinc (didn’t take zinc for weeks , few days ago I started 4 mg), and my symptoms are so much better again.

Seems like zinc / copper is important for all this. But I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Wrong ratio?

I really need to find a good ratio. When I take zinc only my symptoms improve for few days a lot and then it gets bad.

When I stop zinc and take copper only my symptoms get much better and after some days it gets bad.

Any ideas how to find out the best ratio for me?
Few days only copper , few days zinc ?

Copper in the morning , zinc in the evening?

One day zinc - one day copper?

What doses is another question then
@Motif

Did you ever figure out your problem? How are you doing?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals