Cortisol and histamine

Motif

My skin / histamine related symptoms are always gone when I’m waking up.
After 10-15 minutes the itching and inflammation starts.

Could be cortisol related, right?

If so - what would help me ?

Gustav3Y

Depends. Histamine increasing foods and it gets much worse
But let's say you try to test it out with foods that don't increase histamines for you, the itching then goes away if you eat in the morning?

OP
M

Motif

But let's say you try to test it out with foods that don't increase histamines for you, the itching then goes away if you eat in the morning?

Good question. I’ll try this. But my histamine is chronically high. Almost everything I eat makes histamine shoot up too high

Gustav3Y

Maybe are exposed to a direct allergen, even one in cleaning products.
I know sometimes I get itching if I use diluted vinegar to clean certain parts of the body, several hours later or just a couple hours later.

Goldenboi

Good question. I’ll try this. But my histamine is chronically high. Almost everything I eat makes histamine shoot up too high

Have you looked at the possibility of a H pylori, SIBO / SIFO type of overgrowth ?

aliml

Factors That Cause Itching:

Direct stimulation of itch‐specific C‐fibres:
  • Histamine
  • Papain (tryptase)
  • Kallikrein
  • Interleukin‐2 (cytokine)
  • Acetylcholine
Effect via histamine‐release:
  • Chymase (tryptase)
  • Trypsin (tryptase)
  • Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP)
  • Substance P
  • Serotonin
  • Bradykinin
Weak or no pruritogenic effect; potentiates
  • histamine
  • Prostaglandins

OP
M

Motif

Factors That Cause Itching:

Direct stimulation of itch‐specific C‐fibres:
  • Histamine
  • Papain (tryptase)
  • Kallikrein
  • Interleukin‐2 (cytokine)
  • Acetylcholine
Effect via histamine‐release:
  • Chymase (tryptase)
  • Trypsin (tryptase)
  • Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP)
  • Substance P
  • Serotonin
  • Bradykinin
Weak or no pruritogenic effect; potentiates
  • histamine
  • Prostaglandins

Any idea how to combat ?

@Goldenboi I tried sibo / anti bacterial stuff over years and it did nothing.

@Gustav3Y I don’t know. But i have this everywhere. No matter where on the planet I am.

Ben.

My skin / histamine related symptoms are always gone when I’m waking up.
After 10-15 minutes the itching and inflammation starts.

Could be cortisol related, right?

If so - what would help me ?

10-15 minutes after waking and standing up?

Maybe i am thinking to simplistic here but what happense if you lay in bed for 10-15 minutes longer after waking up? Im just wondering if it is caused by some sort of pressure or shift of pressure to the organs/blood vessels when standing versus laying down.

Could be completly wrong tho, just wondering if that makes a difference.

OP
M

Motif

10-15 minutes after waking and standing up?

Maybe i am thinking to simplistic here but what happense if you lay in bed for 10-15 minutes longer after waking up? Im just wondering if it is caused by some sort of pressure or shift of pressure to the organs/blood vessels when standing versus laying down.

Could be completly wrong tho, just wondering if that makes a difference.

Doesn’t matter if I get up or stay in bed.

Ben.

Doesn’t matter if I get up or stay in bed.

to bad );

Since waking up is induced by our circadian rythm by increasing certain neurotransmitters/hormones while lowering others (melatonin etc.) perhaps there can be improvements made to your sleeping hygene?

Do you spend alot of time infront of computers/tv screens before bed? Maybe try not to look at blue light/phone/tv/monitors 2-3 hours before bed or wear a blue light blocking glasses. Do you get sunlight during the day? Do you have the option of using redlight/infraredlight to the spot that itches? Are you sleeping good in a regular pattern?

Im just shooting in the dark here obviously. How are the symptoms gone at night/during sleep? Because your in a fasted state? But then you shoudn't get the itch until you had breakfast.

This is odd.

OP
M

Motif

to bad );

Since waking up is induced by our circadian rythm by increasing certain neurotransmitters/hormones while lowering others (melatonin etc.) perhaps there can be improvements made to your sleeping hygene?

Do you spend alot of time infront of computers/tv screens before bed? Maybe try not to look at blue light/phone/tv/monitors 2-3 hours before bed or wear a blue light blocking glasses. Do you get sunlight during the day? Do you have the option of using redlight/infraredlight to the spot that itches? Are you sleeping good in a regular pattern?

Im just shooting in the dark here obviously. How are the symptoms gone at night/during sleep? Because your in a fasted state? But then you shoudn't get the itch until you had breakfast.

This is odd.
Last night I woke up in the middle of the night, got up and drank some water and my face started to get this inflammation symptoms again (get itchy and flaky).

Yeah, screentime before going to sleep. Don’t know if I really can change this. An hour before maybe , but longer is hard, cause I have to do important stuff on my computer most of the time.

Sunlight- not really. No sun most of the time here. I’m outside, but there’s no sun here.

I have a redlight lamp. I could use it. Better in the morning or evening?

Thoughts on trying Pregnenolone?
What dose should I try?

aliml

126979-face-mapping-1296x728-body-1296x728.jpg

Gustav3Y

Since you asked about Cortisol, obviously Cortisol is higher during night and gets lower and lower towards morning.
Maybe you Cortisol drops enough around the time you wake up ?
Have you tried testing Cortisol when have the itches?

OP
M

Motif

Since you asked about Cortisol, obviously Cortisol is higher during night and gets lower and lower towards morning.
Maybe you Cortisol drops enough around the time you wake up ?
Have you tried testing Cortisol when have the itches?
How can I test this ? Blood test ?

Gustav3Y

Blood, saliva and urine are possible.
Keep in mind that one time test may not say that much, considering cortisol can fluctuate depending on many factors.