OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
what's the topical absorption of sfa ester version ? I am considering using this for a bald spot

I'd say at least 50%, based on client reports and personal experience. It really depends on where it is applied. On areas with thinner skin like belly button, temples, gonads, etc it is probably much higher than 50%.

johnsmith

Between the tocopherol and sfa versions of this product, which one would likely have a better shelf life? When some of my idealab products get to be a year old or so, I worry about a percentage of the solvents evaporating out of the bottle. I don't have air conditioning in my room during the summer time.
Thanks.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Between the tocopherol and sfa versions of this product, which one would likely have a better shelf life? When some of my idealab products get to be a year old or so, I worry about a percentage of the solvents evaporating out of the bottle. I don't have air conditioning in my room during the summer time.
Thanks.

Neither one spoils, and if you keep the SFA/ethanol version well closed there should be next to no evaporation.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Hey I heard Haidut saying in a recent podcast with Danny Roddy that a study showed that as long as Progesterone is taken with sufficient DHEA (I think the amount was only 5mg) that it will completely prevented the conversion of progesterone into estrogen basically meaning one could take large doses of progesterone without having to worry about it converting down the estrogeneric pathway.

Does anyone know where I can find this study? Also does anyone have any experience along these lines?

Many thanks.

Cameron

Hey I heard Haidut saying in a recent podcast with Danny Roddy that a study showed that as long as Progesterone is taken with sufficient DHEA (I think the amount was only 5mg) that it will completely prevented the conversion of progesterone into estrogen basically meaning one could take large doses of progesterone without having to worry about it converting down the estrogeneric pathway.

Does anyone know where I can find this study? Also does anyone have any experience along these lines?

Many thanks.
I was curious to see that too. I’m curious to find the best study on young males where dhea and progesterone where used to increase androgens. Most are in women and animals

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Just a heads up to everybody using CortiNon. We changed the default offering of CortiNon from 1:1 ratio of progesterone : DHEA to a 3:1 ratio. This increased ratio seems to have better effects on both females in males in terms of mood, libido and muscle anti-catabolism. Once the in-vivo study with high-ratio progesterone : DHEA completes we will also be offerring an 5:1 or 8:1 ratio as an additional option to choose from.

sun-maid

Just a heads up to everybody using CortiNon. We changed the default offering of CortiNon from 1:1 ratio of progesterone : DHEA to a 3:1 ratio. This increased ratio seems to have better effects on both females in males in terms of mood, libido and muscle anti-catabolism. Once the in-vivo study with high-ratio progesterone : DHEA completes we will also be offerring an 5:1 or 8:1 ratio as an additional option to choose from.

Is a 3:1 ratio (progesterone : DHEA) safe for a 22 yo male ? Considering this for hairloss

Pufa

Is a 3:1 ratio (progesterone : DHEA) safe for a 22 yo male ? Considering this for hairloss

Anytime I see dhea in a store it has warnings not to use if under 50. Another company warns to get a booodtest for dhea before starting to use.

RNR

Thanks for the great feedback! Just as you said, I would try maybe 2 drops with 2 drops Pansterone. In my experience, the pregnenolone also helps prevent the penis numbness and erection difficulties from too much progesterone. Stopping for a few days and then restarting can also help even without extra Pansterone. DHEA can prevent the anti-androgenic effects of progesterone but cannot do much for the numbing and erection quality effects, which are due to pregnenolone's GABA agonism and sedative effects in general.

I'm a bit confused by this post. On the one hand you say pregnenolone helps prevent penis numbness and erection difficulties, but then seem to imply that pregnenolone causes these effects in the last sentence. If you have a moment, could you let me know if you believe pregnenolone causes these issues or not? Or were you implying progesterone does? Thanks!

Fexxx

@haidut

What does this new ratio mean in daily dosage numbers?
9mg prog / 3mg dhea and
24mg prog / 9mg dhea
?

And when to choose which ratio?

Dotdash

Sounds really good. Great to have the options.

stevrd

I'm a bit confused by this post. On the one hand you say pregnenolone helps prevent penis numbness and erection difficulties, but then seem to imply that pregnenolone causes these effects in the last sentence. If you have a moment, could you let me know if you believe pregnenolone causes these issues or not? Or were you implying progesterone does? Thanks!

Not to answer for Haidut, but I'm pretty sure the last sentence he wrote "pregnenolone" when he meant to write "progesterone." Pro-GABA and sedative effects are typically attributed to progesterone, whereas pregnenolone does not have sedative properties.

lampofred

What is the consensus on the best way to administer this? Oral on top of tongue, oral sublingual, oral on gums, topical on wrists?

With topical I'm concerned about the oil accumulating in the skin after repeated administration in the same area and not entering the blood stream.

EDIT: This is crazy. My prolactin must be through the roof. I took just 4 drops, 4 mg of DHEA and 12 mg of progesterone (admittedly I am probably a bit tolerant to the progesterone because of Progest-E usage), and can feel that it has converted at least a little to estrogen because it felt androgenic initially but is now making me feel mildly restless and too talkative.

Last edited:

golder

What happened to the 8:1 (p4:DHEA) version that was available on the store a few weeks ago? Any reason for taking it down Georgi?

Momado965

I thought this was progesterone and dhea! Not keto progesterone and dhea. Why is it p4 rather than actual progesterone?

Think

Took 3 drops a day of this stuff and man it hits me like a truck. SUPER groggy next day, not sure what's up.

1st 2-3 days of use were GREAT but then it just felt like system overload.

To be fair, I did put it in the fridge and it caked up and had to use a tooth pick to get air back in so I could use the drops, so that could have affected it.

Progest-E + powder DHEA seems to work well for now.

Lizb

How much (mg) progesterone in each drop? I'm not getting any good result for hot flushes (very disturbed sleep) so was considering a high dose.
I also have StressNon which always produces excessive hot flushes.
Age 59 female
Any suggestions for dosage please.

Momado965

Would dht/11 k dht be a good addition to this product at a similar dose of dhea or better yet can 11 keto dht replace dhea so that only dht:progrsterone is used 1:8?

ntking51

Haidut- what can you mix with cortinon when taking it orally? Can we take it with juice? Do we rub it on our gums? Etc

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals