Momado965

I guess it is a toss, IMO at least. I would still have to go with CortiNon simply because there are actual studies with progesterone for hair loss, but Pansterone should still have an effect.

You mean to say for hair loss and hight cortinon is better than pansterone. Is that right?

Progesterone

Yeah I think I gained about a half inch all said and done. Had to take a break from cortinon though because I was getting too romantic and it was emotionally exhausting. Given how much it tanks serotonin it was basically acting like a love potion for me. I was also combining it with tyromix which probably contributed as well.

Right now I'm actually trying 4 drops progestene + 3 drops stressnon + 2 drops tyromix together in the morning and in the evening schedule permitting. Feels more stable so far, but this could just be because I took a week off from progesterone. I still feel positive but I'm not as desperate for intimacy. Might try and work in pansterone instead of stressnon at some point and lock down an ideal prog:DHEA:preg ratio for me.

Btw all of my dosages are topical

Great feedback, Jewbermensch.

What's your feedback on Progestene/progesterone alone? Also, I know you said you had MPB as well, any help in that regard?

Jewbermensch

Great feedback, Jewbermensch.

What's your feedback on Progestene/progesterone alone? Also, I know you said you had MPB as well, any help in that regard?

I'd say I'm like Norwood 3 right now. Cortinon I did actually notice some filling in at the hairline. Most drastic combo for hairline improvement though has been tyromix + taurine. On tyromix alone I find hairs coming in a lot faster but they shed early, same thing with eyebrow hairs. When I take 1-2g taurine with each cup of coffee, like 5g total per day, the shedding stops.

Momado965

I'd say I'm like Norwood 3 right now. Cortinon I did actually notice some filling in at the hairline. Most drastic combo for hairline improvement though has been tyromix + taurine. On tyromix alone I find hairs coming in a lot faster but they shed early, same thing with eyebrow hairs. When I take 1-2g taurine with each cup of coffee, like 5g total per day, the shedding stops.

Notice the same thing with tyronene and taurine. The best combo for hair is thiamine, taurine, k2, t3. Doses are 890mg, 5g, 60mg, 48-64mcg respectively.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Jewbermensch

Notice the same thing with tyronene and taurine. The best combo for hair is thiamine, taurine, k2, t3. Doses are 890mg, 5g, 60mg, 48-64mcg respectively.
I was already taking b1 and k2 when I added tyromix and taurine, so adding those two probably put the overall stack over the threshold.

What kind of mental effects do you get on 890 mg b1? I only take 200 mg at a time at most and I love the mental energy I get from it. I also only take 15 mg k2 (mk4) once or twice a day. And tyromix I take 1-2 drops topically at a time, I'd say I end up with like 15-20 mcg a day of t3 topically.

What's your weight? Maybe I should experiment with doubling all of these dosages

Progesterone

Darn, don't make me tempted to get more tyromix... stuff is the best thing ever for me in terms of mental well being, just awesome.

I was never certain about it in regards to hair, if anything I was under the impression it may have been negative.

How much tyromix do you use per day? (nevermind I see you answered above :))

How do you dose tyromix, frequency?

A.R

I was already taking b1 and k2 when I added tyromix and taurine, so adding those two probably put the overall stack over the threshold.

What kind of mental effects do you get on 890 mg b1? I only take 200 mg at a time at most and I love the mental energy I get from it. I also only take 15 mg k2 (mk4) once or twice a day. And tyromix I take 1-2 drops topically at a time, I'd say I end up with like 15-20 mcg a day of t3 topically.

What's your weight? Maybe I should experiment with doubling all of these dosages
Would you mind sharing your daily calories/meals? You must be eating a lot of food with all these metabolism increasing supplements!

It's interesting also how you link low serotonin to feeling of romanticism and love. Is there research to support this idea @haidut ? Thanks

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
It's interesting also how you link low serotonin to feeling of romanticism and love. Is there research to support this idea @haidut ? Thanks

Plenty, actually. There is an entire field of psychology studying so-called "new relationship energy" and it has been conclusively linked to high dopamine / low serotonin.
New relationship energy - Wikipedia

Intense love/romance has been known for decades to be linked to dopamine, while the anguish from breakup to be similar to the withdrawal pains of an opioid addict and consequently driven by serotonin/cortisol. Anti-serotonin (or pro-dopamine) drugs can be equally helpful for both types of "withdrawals". It is not a coincidence that people recovering from a VERY bad breakup where they miss their former partner a lot often develop "addictions" to compensate for the massive loss in dopaminergic tone post-breakup.
In general, novelty <=> dopamine, while routine <=> serotonin. Given the anti-libido effects of serotonin, you can immediately see why most long term relationships that degrade into a routine are often sexless and people often stray sexually. I am not saying that all long-term relationships are doomed, just that many of them are allowed to get into that state and it is not surprising at all that people cheat as a result. It takes good health/metabolism to bring never-ending novelty into a relationship and keep the romance naturally flourishing.

Jewbermensch

Would you mind sharing your daily calories/meals? You must be eating a lot of food with all these metabolism increasing supplements!

I don't really count calories but I can tell you what my diet has been like lately. For breakfast I usually do a raw carrot marinated in apple cider vinegar at home, then coffee with sugar, taurine, collagen, and ceylon cinnamon once I get to work around 20 minutes later. Normally do 20g collagen and 1-2 g taurine per cup of coffee.

I normally have another coffee with the same ingredients around 11 AM.

For lunch and dinner lately my most common meal is mashed potatoes and a lean grass feed ground beef patty. I've been meal prepping this on Sundays and get like 8 meals out of it, I really enjoy it. In the mashed potatoes I add coconut oil, salt, pepper, and 10 g of collagen peptides per serving. Adding collagen to the mashed potatoes has been a game changer, as it balances out the burger meat nicely. When I tried this diet without the collagen added I was noticing some inflammation in the knees, and it went away pretty quickly once I added the collagen. It turns out just supplementing glycine/collagen throughout the day isn't enough for me to avoid inflammation, I need to make sure I have it alongside any unbalanced meat. It fits with what Peat said about gelatin, that it should be taken at approximately the same time as high methionine proteins. Oh and with this meal I pretty much always have a mexican coke.

I normally have a third coffee in the afternoon, and I like to sip on pineapple juice throughout the day as I need it. Really helps keep stress down at work.

Other than that I pretty freely indulge in non-peaty stuff. My boss keeps free chocolates on her desk which are always hard to say no to when I pass by them :D. I have some bad meals here and there like pizza or Five Guys. I just make sure I'm always taking my niacinamide and vitamin E (tocovit) and don't really worry about it.

Jewbermensch

@Jewbermensch how much Vit E do you take daily?
Depends how badly I eat tbh. I normally take 100 - 200 IU of Solgar Vitamin E with lunch, and 5 drops of tocovit at a time when I'm at home. At my highest I'd say I do the 200 IU Solgar and 10 drops tocovit in a day for 575 IU total, but that's rare. It's probably normally closer to 300 IU. I remember when I was first experimenting with vitamin E about a year ago a 400 IU dose at one time made me really depressed for like a day. Still can't really explain it to this day. I haven't felt anything like it since but I'm careful not to take more than 200 IU in one dose now.

A.R

Plenty, actually. There is an entire field of psychology studying so-called "new relationship energy" and it has been conclusively linked to high dopamine / low serotonin.
New relationship energy - Wikipedia

Intense love/romance has been known for decades to be linked to dopamine, while the anguish from breakup to be similar to the withdrawal pains of an opioid addict and consequently driven by serotonin/cortisol. Anti-serotonin (or pro-dopamine) drugs can be equally helpful for both types of "withdrawals". It is not a coincidence that people recovering from a VERY bad breakup where they miss their former partner a lot often develop "addictions" to compensate for the massive loss in dopaminergic tone post-breakup.
In general, novelty <=> dopamine, while routine <=> serotonin. Given the anti-libido effects of serotonin, you can immediately see why most long term relationships that degrade into a routine are often sexless and people often stray sexually. I am not saying that all long-term relationships are doomed, just that many of them are allowed to get into that state and it is not surprising at all that people cheat as a result. It takes good health/metabolism to bring never-ending novelty into a relationship and keep the romance naturally flourishing.
Thanks for your time. Like you you said, this explains why so many relationships are breaking- high stress/high serotonin lifestyles.

A.R

I don't really count calories but I can tell you what my diet has been like lately. For breakfast I usually do a raw carrot marinated in apple cider vinegar at home, then coffee with sugar, taurine, collagen, and ceylon cinnamon once I get to work around 20 minutes later. Normally do 20g collagen and 1-2 g taurine per cup of coffee.

I normally have another coffee with the same ingredients around 11 AM.

For lunch and dinner lately my most common meal is mashed potatoes and a lean grass feed ground beef patty. I've been meal prepping this on Sundays and get like 8 meals out of it, I really enjoy it. In the mashed potatoes I add coconut oil, salt, pepper, and 10 g of collagen peptides per serving. Adding collagen to the mashed potatoes has been a game changer, as it balances out the burger meat nicely. When I tried this diet without the collagen added I was noticing some inflammation in the knees, and it went away pretty quickly once I added the collagen. It turns out just supplementing glycine/collagen throughout the day isn't enough for me to avoid inflammation, I need to make sure I have it alongside any unbalanced meat. It fits with what Peat said about gelatin, that it should be taken at approximately the same time as high methionine proteins. Oh and with this meal I pretty much always have a mexican coke.

I normally have a third coffee in the afternoon, and I like to sip on pineapple juice throughout the day as I need it. Really helps keep stress down at work.

Other than that I pretty freely indulge in non-peaty stuff. My boss keeps free chocolates on her desk which are always hard to say no to when I pass by them :D. I have some bad meals here and there like pizza or Five Guys. I just make sure I'm always taking my niacinamide and vitamin E (tocovit) and don't really worry about it.
Thanks. Seems as though collagen and taurine is a real game changer for you. Hope it stays going well for you

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut in your opinion how much Progesterone can a men use daily ?

I like physiological doses for long term use, which means 20mg-30mg range for most men. If it is for treating specific issues then there is no real upper bound but I would add some DHEA and/or T to balance its anti-libido effects in higher doses.

lampofred

@haidut Would you recommend this for a rat with a high tendency to convert DHEA into estrogen? Wisdom teeth are growing in impacted, so I want to give my rat some DHEA to straighten them out, but can't decide between this and liquid pregnenolone. The pregnenolone might not be powerful enough, whereas this might convert into estrogen, even with the progesterone.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut Would you recommend this for a rat with a high tendency to convert DHEA into estrogen? Wisdom teeth are growing in impacted, so I want to give my rat some DHEA to straighten them out, but can't decide between this and liquid pregnenolone. The pregnenolone might not be powerful enough, whereas this might convert into estrogen, even with the progesterone.

It is probably less risky than Pansterone and if used in 1-2 dose daily there should be very little risk of DHEA converting into estrogen even in hypo people.

johnwester130

what's the topical absorption of sfa ester version ? I am considering using this for a bald spot