OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Wow thanks, last thing was my concern about DHEA or not and hair loss. I bought both CORTINON and PROGESTENE. I just want to lab test the appropriate one.

cheers

Peat has actually recommended progesterone/DHEA combination on the scalp to treat hair loss. So, in reasonable doses of <5mg DHEA per sitting I don't see an issue with it.

johnsmith

Would there be some sort of benefit in applying CortiNon or Progestene topically with a drop of TocoVit mixed in with it on the skin? I did this today and feel pretty good.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
*My experience in the last month has been to quit Rx meds: 100 mg Pristiq, 400 mg Wellbutrin SR, 30 mg Busiprone, 1 mg Clonopin.***
Congratulations! Did you wean off gradually?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Would there be some sort of benefit in applying CortiNon or Progestene topically with a drop of TocoVit mixed in with it on the skin? I did this today and feel pretty good.

The SFA esters in CortiNon/Progestene may help both the tocopherols and policosanol in TocoVit absorb through the skin better than they normally would. There may be additional synergies but this the most obvious one to me.

Hiwatt

Congratulations! Did you wean off gradually?

I had a taper set by my doctor that I accelerated. It took me 3 weeks to wean off which was way more aggressive on my part. I just kept reducing dosages to see what would happen. The Pristiq was the worst withdrawal - several weeks. It was manageable though with determination - really not that bad just brain fog and brain zaps/temper flareups.

It was the BEST move I could have ever made! Now on to healing my body.

Thanks for the kind words!

L

lollipop

I had a taper set by my doctor that I accelerated. It took me 3 weeks to wean off which was way more aggressive on my part. I just kept reducing dosages to see what would happen. The Pristiq was the worst withdrawal - several weeks. It was manageable though with determination - really not that bad just brain fog and brain zaps/temper flareups.

Really happy for you and honoring your determination. You MADE the right decision!

Blossom

Forum Supporter

That's fantastic! Thanks for the details.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
is this 100% soluble ?

do both dhea and progesterone dissolve in this liquid ?

In which liquid - the SFA esters + ethanol we use as solvent? Yes, they dissolve fully in it.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Does this come in only SFA ester/ethanol?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
are you supposed to take this orally? it tastes a bit funny.

Nope, it is designed for topical use. Neither the SFA ester nor the ethanol are likely to be pleasant tasting :):
We have a tocopherol/MCT version ready and I will probably post it by the end of this week so people will be able to choose solvent options like for Pansterone.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hey @Blossom, @tara, @lisaferraro - since you asked about this in the past - CortiNon now has an option for tocopherol/MCT as solvent. If you know others that asked about such an option please let them know. Thx.

L

lollipop

Hey @Blossom, @tara, @lisaferraro - since you asked about this in the past - CortiNon now has an option for tocopherol/MCT as solvent. If you know others that asked about such an option please let them know. Thx.
Fantastic! Was waiting to order. I will let several friends know about this :): Thank you for tagging me.

L

lollipop

Lisa, why this option for you?
I am perimenopausal and want to help from both androgen side and progesterone. My other androgen options (as far as I have researched) are estrogen and testosterone - neither seem correct for me.

LemonT

Nope, it is designed for topical use. Neither the SFA ester nor the ethanol are likely to be pleasant tasting :):
We have a tocopherol/MCT version ready and I will probably post it by the end of this week so people will be able to choose solvent options like for Pansterone.

Just wanted to say thank you.