J

jb116

Haidut I’m a little confused on how lowering cortisol has made it easier for you to go for a while without food. Wouldn’t lowering cortisol limit gluconeogenesis from muscle tissue making you burn glycogen faster and then you’d get hungry and tired more quickly?

I know there are various complicated pathways for glucose and cortisol but I guess I’m asking if you’re warmer and with lower cortisol, what are you burning for energy and where is it coming from?
If I can throw in my 2 cents here...
When talking about lowering cortisol, it is intended to mean lowering a pathological, elevated state of cortisol. We live with stress; the more "modern" the more fast-paced, the more hectic, the more stressful. By lowering cortisol in such a way, to a physiological healthy state, which means good thyroid function, metabolism, liver, we find efficient use of glucose. This efficiency would then yield actually longer times in between food and in states of food emergency, the body can properly respond with cortisol to stay alive. But when cortisol is actively and chronically elevated, you end up not making efficient use of glucose as well as damaging the body and organs. Cortisol can either be this occasional necessary evil or it can be an overt evil. A healthy body/metabolism makes cortisol as the former.

L

lollipop

When talking about lowering cortisol, it is intended to mean lowering a pathological, elevated state of cortisol. We live with stress; the more "modern" the more fast-paced, the more hectic, the more stressful. By lowering cortisol in such a way, to a physiological healthy state, which means good thyroid function, metabolism, liver, we find efficient use of glucose. This efficiency would then yield actually longer times in between food and in states of food emergency, the body can properly respond with cortisol to stay alive. But when cortisol is actively and chronically elevated, you end up not making efficient use of glucose as well as damaging the body and organs. Cortisol can either be this occasional necessary evil or it can be an overt evil. A healthy body/metabolism makes cortisol as the former.
+1 great simple response.

RedMars

Right I had a feeling that would be the response. How is the glucose used more efficiently? Is it about more oxidative phosphorylation vs glycation ? Or is it about better insulin sensitivity? Or some other factors?

J

jb116

@lisaferraro thanks, I always say k.i.s.s. to myself :joyful:

Right I had a feeling that would be the response. How is the glucose used more efficiently? Is it about more oxidative phosphorylation vs glycation ? Or is it about better insulin sensitivity? Or some other factors?
Oxidative phosphorylation probably as the ultimate, yes. Versus a "diabetic state" = glucose not being used for energy. There is eating and taking in of the nutrient but it is not being used. Cortisol adds to this blockade... Versus creating lactic acid. Sure glucose can be derived from that but that comes at a cost. The liver has to use more energy to create useful energy. Glycation of course we want less of, and sadly for sugar (and protein) unsaturated lipid oxidation victimizes the two. It's known that pufa causes much more damage and glycation rendering both useful things essentially useless.

RedMars

@lisaferraro thanks, I always say k.i.s.s. to myself :joyful:

Oxidative phosphorylation probably as the ultimate, yes. Versus a "diabetic state" = glucose not being used for energy. There is eating and taking in of the nutrient but it is not being used. Cortisol adds to this blockade... Versus creating lactic acid. Sure glucose can be derived from that but that comes at a cost. The liver has to use more energy to create useful energy. Glycation of course we want less of, and sadly for sugar (and protein) unsaturated lipid oxidation victimizes the two. It's known that pufa causes much more damage and glycation rendering both useful things essentially useless.

Thanks. I actually meant to say aerobic glycolysis not glycation.

dand

From Haidut, in a previous post:

"Personally, I find Pansterone to be much more androgenic and muscle enhancing, while CortiNon to be mostly anti-catabolic and some mental benefits as well. CortiNon shrinks my belly pretty quickly when I am stressed while Pansterone makes me look buff."

Peater

Is this meant to be used on our subjects as topical or oral? If topical, what's the best place?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut I’m a little confused on how lowering cortisol has made it easier for you to go for a while without food. Wouldn’t lowering cortisol limit gluconeogenesis from muscle tissue making you burn glycogen faster and then you’d get hungry and tired more quickly?

I know there are various complicated pathways for glucose and cortisol but I guess I’m asking if you’re warmer and with lower cortisol, what are you burning for energy and where is it coming from?

When stress hormones are lower, it gives the thyroid a break. With better thyroid you are much more efficient with glucose metabolism and do not need to eat as often. Peat spoke of this a few times in his articles. This is why children can go much longer than adults without food (play all day or sleep through the night without waking up from a stress response).

Peater

Sadly 4 drops of thie have found there way into my morning coffee this week. I can be clumsy.

I also decided to 'NoFap' from the first of Jan as it makes keeping track easy.

Is it feasible that Cortinon could help with either impulse control or libido 'appropriateness'? A week in and I'm aware that 'the boys ' are full but it's not the constant urge and nagging I was used to struggling through. Loving this. It's hard to explain but it feels like things are working together rather than an internal fight. I'm aware of how good it would feel to take matters into my own hands :D but that's about it

I can't think of anything else that's changed.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Any plans to have a mct/toco version of this?

So far, this is the first request like that we are getting. If enough people ask for it then yes, but I think the SFA esters + ethanol option seems to be well liked so far.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Great stuff Haidut.

So for reducing cortisol and estrogen levels for a man in his late 20s would you say Cortinon or Pansterone is better?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Great stuff Haidut.

So for reducing cortisol and estrogen levels for a man in his late 20s would you say Cortinon or Pansterone is better?

Hard to say, I would try either one and use whichever one works better.

Jsaute21

From Haidut, in a previous post:

"Personally, I find Pansterone to be much more androgenic and muscle enhancing, while CortiNon to be mostly anti-catabolic and some mental benefits as well. CortiNon shrinks my belly pretty quickly when I am stressed while Pansterone makes me look buff."

I am very interested in this supplement as i barely notice anything from pregnenolone. I think the DHEA in pansterone makes a difference for me, but the pure preg is negligible. @haidut @dand and others, what are some of the effects you get from progesterone that you don't get from preg? I am almost done with my Pansterone, and am thinking about ordering this supplement next instead of pure progesterone or pansterone again.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I am very interested in this supplement as i barely notice anything from pregnenolone. I think the DHEA in pansterone makes a difference for me, but the pure preg is negligible. @haidut @dand and others, what are some of the effects you get from progesterone that you don't get from preg? I am almost done with my Pansterone, and am thinking about ordering this supplement next instead of pure progesterone or pansterone again.

As I mentioned, progesterone (on its own or in combination with DHEA) shrinks my midsection noticeably and within 10min of taking it. It is mostly water retention, especially at the end of a stressful work day. On its own, progesterone is very sedating for me, but in combination with DHEA it seems to lose much of the sedation effects which is very welcome as a supplement to be used during the day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals