Corticosteroids For Asthma Or Not?

Vinero

I've been coughing and having difficulty breathing for some weeks now, and have been to the docter and they say it's asthma. I've been given corticosteroid steroid inhalers (cortisol basically for the lungs). This is supposed to relieve the airway inflammation and improve lung function. However, I am very aware of the dangers and side-effects of cortisol based medications. Do corticosteroid medications work for asthma or does it worsen the problem long-term? Also what alternatives are good for lowering lung inflammation?

jaguar43

Depends how long you use it for, but Ray Peat has said that those drugs can cause brain toxicity.

Pomarańcz

Corticosteroids will also cause hair to fall out and give you other problems. Bas Rutten used a device to train lung capacity and inhalation to significantly reduce his asthma. Try some natural methods before taking the steroids.

OP
Vinero

Vinero

Update: turns out I had pneumonia, a bacterial lung infection. Needed antibiotics and after a few days it cleared up and I breathe fine now. I did however ended up using some inhaled corticosteroids and the first night when I went to sleep had horrible nightmares where I became very hostile and ended up yelling and scolding at my family and eventually started killing everyone.. very disturbing as I normally have very peaceful dreams. Also had sleep paralysis wherby I felt a dark prescence above me trying to assault me and I was unable to move.. this was extremely terrifying and never happens to me so I'm sure it was those steroids. Needles to say I didn't use them again and instead used only progesterone. This helped me sleep peacefully again.

Parsifal

Update: turns out I had pneumonia, a bacterial lung infection. Needed antibiotics and after a few days it cleared up and I breathe fine now. I did however ended up using some inhaled corticosteroids and the first night when I went to sleep had horrible nightmares where I became very hostile and ended up yelling and scolding at my family and eventually started killing everyone.. very disturbing as I normally have very peaceful dreams. Also had sleep paralysis wherby I felt a dark prescence above me trying to assault me and I was unable to move.. this was extremely terrifying and never happens to me so I'm sure it was those steroids. Needles to say I didn't use them again and instead used only progesterone. This helped me sleep peacefully again.
Sounds like sleep paralysis.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals