COROSOLIC ACID - Glucose Control, Insulin Sensitivity, Cortisol Lowering

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Blood sugar has been remaining fairly stable.

I must point out that I have also noticed quite dramatic suppression of appetite since starting. I seem to be craving carbs way less. Instead of having that insatiable appetite for sweets, that has been reduced quite significantly.

managing

Blood sugar has been remaining fairly stable.

I must point out that I have also noticed quite dramatic suppression of appetite since starting. I seem to be craving carbs way less. Instead of having that insatiable appetite for sweets, that has been reduced quite significantly.
I believe this goes hand in hand with balanced blood sugars. I will be trying this, but don't want to throw it on top of something I'm already working right now.

Meanwhile, the only cautionary note is (more for the benfit of less experienced readers) is to be sure to get sufficient calories, particularly from sugar and carbs, even if your not strongly craving them and/or your appetite is reduced.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I believe this goes hand in hand with balanced blood sugars. I will be trying this, but don't want to throw it on top of something I'm already working right now.

Meanwhile, the only cautionary note is (more for the benfit of less experienced readers) is to be sure to get sufficient calories, particularly from sugar and carbs, even if your not strongly craving them and/or your appetite is reduced.

Please let us know when you begin your Corosolic Acid experiment.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Corosolic acid increases fructose 2,6-bisphosphate production, which enhances phosphofructokinase 1 activity5,6 and inhibits fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase.7,8. As a result, corosolic acid enhances glycolysis and inhibits gluconeogenesis, thus favoring lactic acid production. In the presence of lactic acid, corosolic acid markedly enhances fructose 2,6-bisphosphate production and favors glycolysis
(Sci-Hub | Corosolic Acid–Induced Acute Kidney Injury and Lactic Acidosis in a Patient With Impaired Kidney Function | 10.1053/j.ajkd.2010.06.002)

managing

Corosolic acid increases fructose 2,6-bisphosphate production, which enhances phosphofructokinase 1 activity5,6 and inhibits fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase.7,8. As a result, corosolic acid enhances glycolysis and inhibits gluconeogenesis, thus favoring lactic acid production. In the presence of lactic acid, corosolic acid markedly enhances fructose 2,6-bisphosphate production and favors glycolysis
(Sci-Hub | Corosolic Acid–Induced Acute Kidney Injury and Lactic Acidosis in a Patient With Impaired Kidney Function | 10.1053/j.ajkd.2010.06.002)
Hmm, that's not good. How does your experience reconcile with this?

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Hmm, that's not good. How does your experience reconcile with this?
I am handling it just fine. That guy had stage 3A kidney failure, so there are other factors involved.
This morning my fasting sugar was 4.1 although I have also integrated Bitter Melon before bed. I am trying to make myself as insulin sensitive as possible, because I have days where my carbohydrate intake would easily exceed 500 grams.

J

jb116

Has Peat ever mentioned or spoke about corosolic acid before?

ddjd

Thanks for starting this thread. very interesting for people like myself who have problems with insulin resistance. im experimenting with apple cider vinegar at the moment and its also extremely effective

oh and what are you using to measure your blood sugar, a freestyle libre?

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Thanks for starting this thread. very interesting for people like myself who have problems with insulin resistance. im experimenting with apple cider vinegar at the moment and its also extremely effective

oh and what are you using to measure your blood sugar, a freestyle libre?
What are you noticing from Apple Cider Vinegar?

I am using a freestyle Libre ACCUcheck Guide.

ddjd

What are you noticing from Apple Cider Vinegar?

I am using a freestyle Libre ACCUcheck Guide.
hey lokzo. are you still using the corosolic acid??
I still use ACV but rarely as it causes quite significant constipation if used every day. im also worried it might increase nitric oxide. but in terms of improving insulin sensitivity it's incredible

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
hey lokzo. are you still using the corosolic acid??
I still use ACV but rarely as it causes quite significant constipation if used every day. im also worried it might increase nitric oxide. but in terms of improving insulin sensitivity it's incredible

I rotate between Banaba leaf, Bitter Melon and Olive leaf as my preferred GDA's. I think they work well for me when wanting to eat super high carb meals.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
where do you buy your banaba leaf and bitter melon?

Banaba leaf I use Paradise Herbs brand.

Bitter melon, the one I listed on my site (Shameless plug). But it does work well too, tested my sugars many times in the mornings, and my sugars hover around 4.4-4.5 daily now, which is perfect in my opinion.

ddjd

Banaba leaf I use Paradise Herbs brand.

Bitter melon, the one I listed on my site (Shameless plug). But it does work well too, tested my sugars many times in the mornings, and my sugars hover around 4.4-4.5 daily now, which is perfect in my opinion.
and are you still using the freestyle libre monitor? I was thinking of trying one of those for a couple of weeks as it might be useful to have 24hr blood sugar info

Jon2547

@Lokzo Are you still using the Banaba leaf extract? I am considering getting some.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals