Coronavirus: Chloroquine (and Vitamin D)

burtlancast

Say the truth about Vit C and chloroquine, allow free production/commercialization/self treatment.

There's no other way.

(PS: i didn't create this thread out of my free will: Charlie and Giraffe conspired together to strong-arm me into it.)

Last edited:

RealNeat

Say the truth about Vit C and chloroquine, allow free production/commercialization/self treatment.

There's no other way.

How are you convinced on the safety of chloroquine?

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

How are you convinced on the safety of chloroquine?

It's been in use for almost 100 years.

Tens of millions took it for malaria prevention. But now all of a sudden we need double blind placebo studies to check it's safety, lol.

This whole media fabricated chloroquine controversy is engineered to deflect away from the reality of Vit C preventing/curing Covid.

RealNeat

Tens of millions took it for malaria prevention. But now all of a sudden we need double blind placebo studies to check it's safety, lol.

This whole media fabricated chloroquine controversy is engineered to deflect away from the reality of Vit C preventing/curing Covid.

Whats your thoughts on Rays claim that it is immuno-suppressive? If the controversy is being used to cover up vitamin C as a cure why do we even need Chloroquine. Do you defend it because its more available in hospitals over IV Vit C?

RealNeat

@SOMO you are one of the first people that I saw that spoke out against this compound. Thoughts? Also as i understand this can be derived from a natural plant, bark I believe? How would that fare as an alternative, I see people buying it online in tincture form from Amazon. I trust about .00001% of supps from Amazon.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

SOMO

@SOMO you are one of the first people that I saw that spoke out against this compound. Thoughts? Also as i understand this can be derived from a natural plant, bark I believe? How would that fare as an alternative, I see people buying it online in tincture form from Amazon. I trust about .00001% of supps from Amazon.

Quinine is from Cinchona bark and Quinones are present in other natural substances (like Vitamin K2.)

But Chloroquine is synthesized in a lab.

The wikipedia entry on Chloroquine is very revealing.
Chloroquine - Wikipedia
Chloroquine was discovered in 1934, by Hans Andersag and coworkers at the Bayer laboratories, who named it Resochin.[47] It was ignored for a decade, because it was considered too toxic for human use. Instead, the DAK used the chloroquine analogue 3-methyl-chloroquine, known as Sontochin. After Allied forces arrived in Tunis, Sontochin fell into the hands of Americans, who sent the material back to the United States for analysis, leading to renewed interest in chloroquine.[48][49] United States government-sponsored clinical trials for antimalarial drug development showed unequivocally that chloroquine has a significant therapeutic value as an antimalarial drug. It was introduced into clinical practice in 1947 for the prophylactic treatment of malaria.[50]

So they decided it was too toxic...then changed their mind.

Also there are other antimalarial agents that are safer like...METHYLENE BLUE.

I don't think you can purchase Chloroquine on Amazon, but you can purchase Quinine (I have purchased it because it reduces serotonin.) It tastes slightly bitter, but is in a glycerin base so it ends up tasting sweet.

The SMON epidemic was caused by a related class of compounds called Quinolones. The drug that caused the SMON-Paralysis epidemic was Fluoroquinolone, but I think Chloroquin may also have been used.

Both Fluoroquinolone and Chloroquin are quinolones and they are chemically related.

Both drugs have severe nervous-system side-effects including TENDON RUPTURE, neuropathy and even paralysis.

An Overview of the Industrial Aspects of Antibiotic Discovery
Evan Martens, Arnold L. Demain, in Microbial Resources, 2017

Quinolones and Fluoroquinolones
The quinolone and fluoroquinolone groups, which represent a synthetic class of antibiotics, inhibit DNA gyrase and have broad-spectrum activity. The first quinolone discovered was chloroquine, used primarily for the treatment and prevention of malaria. It was later followed by nalidixic acid, cinoxacin, rosoxacin, pipemidic acid, piromidic acid, and oxolinic acid. Further research and experimentation showed that adding a fluorine at the C6 position led to an enhanced activity of the quinolones, prompting the emergence of the fluoroquinolones. Some examples of notable fluoroquinolones include ciprofloxacin, ofloxacin, enoxacin, perfloxacin, moxifloxacin and levofloxacin. Despite their effectiveness, these drugs are associated with a variety of adverse effects, such as retinal detachment, Achilles tendon rupture, prolongation of the QT interval, and peripheral neuropathy. Since they are broad-spectrum agents, they also tend to wipe out the normal intestinal flora and can cause Clostridium difficile colitis/diarrhea (Xiao-Juan et al., 2013).

Last edited:

SOMO

No it hasn't, you're confusing Quinine with Chloroquin.
They are NOT the same and no doctor would prescribe Chloroquin prophylactically

You're thinking of QUININE.

Chloroquin is a relatively new drug.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

The man in the video clearly says chloroquine/Nivaquine.

So i'm not confusing anything.

T

TheBeard

We are not even talking about Chloroquine anyways regarding COVID19, it's Hydroxychloroquine that has some curing potential.
Totally different drugs and different effects

SOMO

We are not even talking about Chloroquine anyways regarding COVID19, it's Hydroxychloroquine that has some curing potential.
Totally different drugs and different effects

That's ridiculous and incorrect.

The drugs are chemically very similar and the effects are identical.

The drugs do NOT have different effects.

(Hydroxy-chloroquine)

250px-Hydroxychloroquine.svg.png

(Chloroquine)
200px-Chloroquine.svg.png

Both are antimalarial drugs because...drumroll...they have the same effects.

Both drugs are toxic and, most importantly, there are safer modalities for treating Covid19.

Hydroxychloroquine Side Effects: Common, Severe, Long Term - Drugs.com
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking hydroxychloroquine:

Incidence not known

• Blistering, peeling, loosening of the skin
  • blurred vision or other vision changes
  • chest discomfort, pain, or tightness
  • cough or hoarseness
  • dark urine
  • decreased urination
  • defective color vision
  • diarrhea
  • difficulty breathing
  • difficulty seeing at night
  • dizziness or fainting
  • fast, pounding, uneven heartbeat
  • feeling that others are watching you or controlling your behavior
  • feeling that others can hear your thoughts
  • feeling, seeing, or hearing things that are not there
  • fever with or without chills
  • general feeling of tiredness or weakness
  • headache
  • inability to move the eyes
  • increased blinking or spasms of the eyelid
  • joint or muscle pain
  • large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, and sex organs
  • loss of hearing
  • lower back or side pain
  • noisy breathing
  • painful or difficult urination
  • red irritated eyes
  • red skin lesions, often with a purple center
  • severe mood or mental changes
  • sore throat sores, ulcers, or white spots on the lips or in the mouth
  • sticking out of the tongue
  • stomach pain
  • swelling of the feet or lower legs
  • swollen or painful glands
  • trouble with breathing, speaking, or swallowing
  • uncontrolled twisting movements of the neck, trunk, arms, or legs
  • unusual behavior
  • unusual bleeding or bruising
  • unusual facial expressions
  • unusual tiredness or weakness
  • yellow eyes or skin
Symptoms of overdose

• Drowsiness
  • dry mouth
  • increased thirst
  • loss of appetite
  • mood changes
  • no pulse or blood pressure
  • numbness or tingling in the hands, feet, or lips
  • unconsciousness
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking chloroquine:

Incidence not known

• Anxiety
  • attempts at killing oneself
  • back, leg, or stomach pains
  • black, tarry stools
  • bleeding gums
  • blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin
  • blood in the urine or stools
  • blurred or decreased vision
  • change in near or distance vision
  • chest discomfort or pain
  • chills
  • cold sweats
  • confusion
  • continuing ringing or buzzing or other unexplained noise in the ears
  • cough
  • dark urine
  • diarrhea
  • difficulty in focusing the eyes
  • difficulty with speaking
  • difficulty with swallowing
  • disturbed color perception
  • dizziness
  • dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
  • double vision
  • drooling
  • fast, slow, irregular, or pounding heartbeat
  • feeling that others are watching you or controlling your behavior
  • feeling that others can hear your thoughts
  • feeling, seeing, or hearing things that are not there
  • fever
  • general tiredness and weakness
  • halos around lights
  • headache
  • hearing loss
  • inability to move the eyes
  • increased blinking or spasms of the eyelid
  • joint or muscle pain
  • large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or sex organs
  • light-colored stools
  • loss of balance control
  • lower back or side pain
  • muscle trembling, jerking, or stiffness
  • muscular pain, tenderness, wasting, or weakness
  • night blindness
  • nausea
  • overbright appearance of lights
  • painful or difficult urination
  • pale skin
  • pinpoint red spots on the skin
  • puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
  • red skin lesions, often with a purple center
  • red, irritated eyes
  • restlessness
  • shuffling walk
  • skin rash, hives, or itching
  • sore throat
  • sores, ulcers, or white spots on the lips or in the mouth
  • sticking out of the tongue
  • stiffness of the limbs
  • sweating
  • swollen or painful glands
  • tightness in the chest
  • trouble breathing
  • tunnel vision
  • twitching, twisting, or uncontrolled repetitive movements of the tongue, lips, face, arms, or legs
  • uncontrolled movements, especially of the face, neck, and back
  • unusual bleeding or bruising
  • unusual tiredness or weakness
  • upper right abdominal or stomach pain
  • vomiting
  • yellow eyes and skin
Get emergency help immediately if any of the following symptoms of overdose occur while taking chloroquine:

Symptoms of overdose

• Cold, clammy skin
  • decreased urine
  • drowsiness
  • dry mouth
  • fast, weak pulse
  • increased thirst
  • lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting
  • loss of appetite
  • muscle pain or cramps
  • numbness or tingling in the hands, feet, or lips

Last edited:

LUH 3417

I'm sorry about it but I'm not surprised that doctors are one of the most vulnerable. Not because they are in the frontline, but because they practice the wrong things they preach.

Try teaching any doctor you know well, even those whom you knew way before they became doctors. Try to show them all the scientific studies to support your argument, for example, against the use of statins. They will never change their position, not for your lack of showing evidence that destroys their argument.
A friend of mine is married to a doctor. A few months ago my little brother asked the doctor what he thought about something written on a health blog. This health blog writer had an article on the flu being linked to low vitamin D. My little brother asked the doctor if I take vitamin D supplement wouldn’t that mean I don’t need the flu vaccine? The doctor got really upset and called the blog writer a “******* idiot”, and told my brother to get his flu vaccine and not listen to advice on health blogs.

A friend of mine is married to a doctor. A few months ago my little brother asked the doctor what he thought about something written on a health blog. This health blog writer had an article on the flu being linked to low vitamin D. My little brother asked the doctor if I take vitamin D supplement wouldn’t that mean I don’t need the flu vaccine? The doctor got really upset and called the blog writer a “******* idiot”, and told my brother to get his flu vaccine and not listen to advice on health blogs.

Vitamin D even as half-assed Bolus of 300000IU D3 after contraction of Pneumonia halved the mortality.

Giraffe

There's no other way.
@charlie , this post started a discussion about chloroquine (and vitamin D). Can you please move these posts to a new thread?

yerrag

Adding to the chloroquine discussion:

This scientist suggested a drug to treat Covid-19. 'Fact checkers' branded him fake news

Amid a pandemic panic over the coronavirus, evidence for a possibly effective treatment has been denounced as ‘fake news’ – even when offered by a renowned scientist with decades of experience.
Take Didier Raoult, a French microbiologist with undeniable expertise, even if some of his views are about as eccentric as his appearance. Though he may look like he just stepped out of an Alexandre Dumas novel, the director of the Mediterranean University Hospital Institute in Marseille cited not one but three different studies from China showing that the anti-malaria drug called chloroquine has been effective in treating Covid-19 patients.

Russia Today reports, and western media distorts.

RealNeat

I
Adding to the chloroquine discussion:

This scientist suggested a drug to treat Covid-19. 'Fact checkers' branded him fake news

Amid a pandemic panic over the coronavirus, evidence for a possibly effective treatment has been denounced as ‘fake news’ – even when offered by a renowned scientist with decades of experience.
Take Didier Raoult, a French microbiologist with undeniable expertise, even if some of his views are about as eccentric as his appearance. Though he may look like he just stepped out of an Alexandre Dumas novel, the director of the Mediterranean University Hospital Institute in Marseille cited not one but three different studies from China showing that the anti-malaria drug called chloroquine has been effective in treating Covid-19 patients.

Russia Today reports, and western media distorts.
if you've noticed we aren't really debating wether it's effective, rather if people are going to hate their life soon after treatment.

yerrag

I

if you've noticed we aren't really debating wether it's effective, rather if people are going to hate their life soon after treatment.
Thanks. Twas tempting to hit media tho

yerrag

Ray Peat did say that chloroquine is mutagenic, but that he also said that if the patient is young enough to have children...

But if most of the people are elderly who are at risk of dying from the virus, then chloroquine isn't so bad from a risk/reward standpoint.

Just let the geezer sign the waiver!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals