Coronavirus: A Ray Peat Perspective

tankasnowgod

You're not going to address any of the other points?

Probably not. I've posted quite a bit on this topic, and am growing weary of it. I've compared deaths per thousands in Wuhan to flu deaths in the US in recent years, to the Spanish flu at different periods, and to Cancer deaths in the US. I don't see anything, at least from a virus perspective, to be worried about. I am on record saying that my original projection of deaths from this virus will probably be between 100-200,000, and revised that down to less than the 2009 Swine Flu numbers of 19,000. That would be for the year, so if the official numbers exceed either of those estimates before Dec 31, 2020, feel free to come back and gloat.

Beyond that, everything else is spin. It's still a very small sample size from mostly a specific area (Wuhan) in the winter months, which are always the most serious and deadly for any disease. It's supposed to be a virus that was discovered only four months ago, I don't know why everyone thinks that any info being handed down from so called health authorities should be treated like gospel truth. Nor do I see anyone questioning if the diagnostic tests are giving a significant amount of false positives.

The data outside of China don't show it growing, either. 6,789 cases outside of China, only 106 deaths and 197 in critical condition. That's only 4.4%. In China, the number of Deaths plus those in critical condition hasn't been below 10%, even though 5,000 fewer are in critical condition today than were last week, and most of those didn't go to the death toll numbers.

Bottom line, I am not worried or concerned about this virus in the slightest. I don't think the virus itself causes all the things that have been attributed to it, same way the I don't think the H1N1 virus was primarily responsible for the 20-50 Million deaths from the Spanish Flu.

tankasnowgod

Perhaps malnourished people living a burden of third world air pollution do, but I doubt people in first world countries will face anything like that.

I think this was posted on one of these threads before, but it does back up your idea-

What are the Chinese hiding in Wuhan? « Jon Rappoport's Blog
Wuhan and the polluted air as a cause of epidemic illness « Jon Rappoport's Blog

By the way, if Rappoport is correct in that CT scans are enough "evidence" to diagnose a Corona Virus case, then that it pretty much proof positive that the numbers in Wuhan are inflated.

As an aside, I quite enjoyed this article as well-

World-famous Celebrity makes shocking statement about the Flu « Jon Rappoport's Blog

Bottom line, I am not worried or concerned about this virus in the slightest. I don't think the virus itself causes all the things that have been attributed to it, same way the I don't think the H1N1 virus was primarily responsible for the 20-50 Million deaths from the Spanish Flu.

I agree with you there. But what did cause that flu?

I’ve posted before how Navy scientists couldn’t give anyone the flu no matter what they did to try to transmit it from those infected. Just one study but very interesting.

I’m not sure that there is such a thing as influenza virus. I’m not saying there is not, but I’m not sure there is.

tankasnowgod

I agree with you there. But what did cause that flu?

I wrote about it here- Was World War I The "Real" Cause Of The Spanish Flu Pandemic?

Basically, I think World War I played a huge part. So, compromised immune system and/or stress from that war, some steps backward in sanitation from the war, the effect of seasons, along with H1N1, and that is where you get the massive amount of deaths. Swine Flu in 2009 is attributed to the same virus, but the death toll is an order of magnitude 1000 times smaller.

I wrote about it here- Was World War I The "Real" Cause Of The Spanish Flu Pandemic?

Basically, I think World War I played a huge part. So, compromised immune system and/or stress from that war, some steps backward in sanitation from the war, the effect of seasons, along with H1N1, and that is where you get the massive amount of deaths. Swine Flu in 2009 is attributed to the same virus, but the death toll is an order of magnitude 1000 times smaller.

thank you.

LeeLemonoil

schultz

Gut permeability allows endotoxins in and endotoxemia=flu symptoms.

Totally my experience. There is no difference between gut permeability endotoxins, and flu symptoms.

It is possible that translocation of endotoxin is a major, or the major aspect, of the 'flu'. By that I mean that the damage might not be from a virus at all, even if the virus is what temporarily disrupts gut permeability and various other things. Bacterial pneumonia seems to be the major threat. I imagine breathing in endotoxin from the air would exacerbate that tremendously. Endotoxin can be in all sorts of places you wouldn't expect. Humudifiers, forced air heating/cooling systems, and just regular 'house dust'.

@schultz

Pls post if you dig anything up substantiating that idea. Would be a complication needing serious consideration.

Are there Gut lining protective substances that are also anti-inflammatory or strengthen „healthy“ response? Glycine ?
Maybe good old chicken broth should be consumed.

Other substances that modulate overshooting immun-response that are not gut attacking are ginger, Olive leaf and many others

Yes I will post whatever I find.

Anything that helps the liver or gut is going to be beneficial. I think aspirin actually strengthens the gut after frequent exposure, so if a person has been taking it regularly it would likely be quite helpful. Acetiminophen seems like it would be quite detrimental given the gut and liver damage it can cause (apparently it is the leading cause of acute liver failure in the States).

Someone should compile a list of gut protective things.

I doubt 20% of people getting it require medical attention. Perhaps malnourished people living a burden of third world air pollution do, but I doubt people in first world countries will face anything like that.

Apparently a large percentage of Chinese males smoke. I imagine that a lot of the women consume a fair bit of smoke as well, at least second-hand. Combine that will poor nutrition and bad air quality and it seems like a recipe for disaster.

China consumes 40% of the worlds cigarettes.

I work with people from developing countries and my observation is the first thing they do when they get so much as a sore throat is go to the doctor and get treatment. They are so over medical-ized and they don’t ever consider fixing things through nutrition or supplementation. I think this may have to do with class ideas that people of the upper classes go to the doctor and don’t just suffer at home. I’m not sure. But their health is much poorer in general and they age much faster.

I think they live in a very stressful world, compared to the blessings that I have, and their bodies degrade much faster. This is a fact as I notice it all the time. Especially those who are working and in the middle class. I suspect that people out in the countryside may have much less stress on their bodies and may sometimes live longer, although that may be counteracted by other factors.

All to say that if 20% of them are needing medical care for flu, in a developed country that might be much, much fewer.

OP
managing

managing

Something needs to be considered when assessing the fatality rate.

I doubt there is any underreporting of deaths in Wuhan. If someone dies of respiratory illness, they would certainly test for C19. But there are almost certainly lots of unreported cases. I am sure that people who are already on lock down, whose symptoms are not severe might decide either to not burden the system or subject themselves to scrutiny.

So I kind of expect the fatality rate to go down. Not saying it will go down a lot. Just saying that, if anything, I think its elevated a little.

Now, all of this assumes that the numbers we are getting are genuine in the first place. I don't have an opinion about that.

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
So folks, please tell me exactly HOW C19 cases are being confirmed. Remember it was not more than a couple of weeks ago that the CDC stated they only had about 600 test kits for the whole US and that more were being manufactured but they were having quality problems - too many false negatives and positives. So how IN THE WORLD can anyone say there are XX thousand "confirmed" cases and YY deaths "due to" C19? Sure they can count the dead, but really how do we know what sort of pneumonia/flu/sepsis they had?

OP
managing

managing

So folks, please tell me exactly HOW C19 cases are being confirmed. Remember it was not more than a couple of weeks ago that the CDC stated they only had about 600 test kits for the whole US and that more were being manufactured but they were having quality problems - too many false negatives and positives. So how IN THE WORLD can anyone say there are XX thousand "confirmed" cases and YY deaths "due to" C19? Sure they can count the dead, but really how do we know what sort of pneumonia/flu/sepsis they had?
Right now, the Chinese numbers are what most are going by.

InChristAlone

Screenshot_20200302-164542.png

tankasnowgod

Yes I agree - but how are they CONFIRMING that a case or a death is in fact C19? What methodology? What criteria?

Good question! From what I understand........ nothing, really. In Wuhan, I believe you can be diagnosed with this particular virus simply from a CT Scan which indicates respiratory issues. Which could be caused by this or another virus...... or the pollution in Wuhan.

As for any mass test they develop, well, what about false positives? The official story says it's only been known about for four months, how is that enough time to develop and refine a test that can test for COVID-19 or SARS 2 (Electric Boogaloo), or whatever they decide to call it this week, and tests ONLY for this particular virus strain? It's not. And keep in mind, even a 1% false positive rate is still more than enough to take 25-35 countries off the "infected" list.

tankasnowgod

Yes I agree - but how are they CONFIRMING that a case or a death is in fact C19? What methodology? What criteria?

Following up on this, Jon Rappoport talks about how the CDC is diagnosing cases in the US, and created a test without ever possessing an isolated sample of the virus-

Coronavirus: the definition of “cases” is producing a new level of illusion « Jon Rappoport's Blog

Here is the transcript of the interview he was referring to, straight from the CDC website-

Coronavirus Disease 2019

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
Following up on this, Jon Rappoport talks about how the CDC is diagnosing cases in the US, and created a test without ever possessing an isolated sample of the virus-

Coronavirus: the definition of “cases” is producing a new level of illusion « Jon Rappoport's Blog

Here is the transcript of the interview he was referring to, straight from the CDC website-

Coronavirus Disease 2019
Yes I've been following Jon R's series on this. A man after my own heart!

yerrag

Glucans from mushrooms protect against virus infections

Eating several types of mushrooms every day may protect against potentially deadly flu viruses. This is suggested by an animal study that American researchers at the University of Louisville published in the Annals of Translational Medicine a few years ago. According to the study, glucans not only make the innate immune system more aggressive, but they also speed up the production of antibodies by the adaptive part of the immune system.
Speaking of mushrooms, I wonder if Paul Stamets has any insights into how they can help strengthen us against Covid-19. He's talked in passing on how mushrooms/fungi help against the flu in this Joe Rogan interview:

This interview is fairly recent, Nov 2019, but before the Covid-2019 hit us, so the interview isn't focused on the raging topic of the day now. But given how Stamets has been able to develop solutions to the weakening of the bee's immune system leading to colony collapse, as related to fungi's role in the ecosystem, there could also be an expanded role for fungi/mushrooms in countering Corona virus. I say "expanded' because many antibiotics are fungi-based, such as Penicillin.

Perhaps people's increased susceptibility to viral infections is no different from that of the bees.' The loss of biodiversity from the decreasing forest area and the widespread use of chemicals in agriculture have led to a decreased exposure to a healthful microbiome around us. Since fungi form a major part of the microbiome around us, it may very well be that its diminished role in an increasingly urbanized terrain requires us to imbue ourselves more to it, in terms of food as well as supplementation from fungi-derived sources.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals