CoronaVirus 1) Bioweapon? 2) Scapegoat For Debt Bubble Popping? 3) Both?

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

Actually I raise that to 99% chance this is economic. It's pretty simple

Note I am an Formally Educated Neo liberal Economist.

Neo liberal Economics Provides smoke screen for Corporatism.

Think Tanks:
How do we?
Kill all the Small Business/Employees/Local Competition
Devalue the dollar which will increase our profits over seas
Pop the biggest stock/real estate bubble of all time forcing people to liquidate their assets.
Boost

Blame:
China
Virus

During Virus:

Amazon Hires 150,000 Employees
Walmart Hire 150,000 Employees
Private Equity has 2.5 Trillion in Dry Powder
Buffet has 120 Billion in Dry Powder.

Republicans represent a particularly ruthless factions of corporatism, more industrial old school capitalist.
Democrats pitch the bottom a little extra crumb and right, while masking their corporatism.

Last edited by a moderator:

tupolev

Pretty much all bioweapons would be shoddy bioweapons. They are working from a flawed premise

Where bio and chemical weapons work is area denial. You spray down an area and anyone who goes in gets sick. Anthrax works. Distributing infected ticks works. A highly transmissible respiratory infection makes no sense and I seriously doubt any military anywhere in the world is spending money developing one. I do bet you they are developing things you can air drop over a forest and make it a no-go zone.

tankasnowgod

Where bio and chemical weapons work is area denial. You spray down an area and anyone who goes in gets sick. Anthrax works. Distributing infected ticks works. A highly transmissible respiratory infection makes no sense and I seriously doubt any military anywhere in the world is spending money developing one. I do bet you they are developing things you can air drop over a forest and make it a no-go zone.

I agree with you on this, especially the bolded part. But in this sense, a bioweapon isn't that much different from a chemical weapon. I would not want to be at ground zero of a release of either.

The main idea that I doubt is that a bioweapon released in someplace like Wuhan, China could cause serious illness in places like France, New York, or Italy. That's the main narrative and scare tactic that seems dominant. You certainly stated it better than I did.

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
A virus is an infectious agent that replicates only inside the living cells of other organisms.
Bacteria vs Virus - Difference and Comparison | Diffen
Thanks Blossom - yes I know it replicates only inside cells, but I'm curious how it is considered "alive" outside cells for X days and then "dead" outside cells. What is the difference when outside cells? I can't understand what makes a virus "alive" at all (unlike bacteria and other pathogens).

tankasnowgod

Wonder if there will be a correlation between highest death rates and democratic-lead cities (I think they control the most populated cities)?

Higher death rate = more frustrated citizens = more people to vote against Trump = Dems defeat Trump.

Perhaps just basic opportunism?:cool:

Doesn't this theory basically ignore the Electoral College once again?

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
So a virus is "alive" if it can replicate once placed in contact with a living cell having the appropriate receptor, and "dead" if it cannot replicate under identical circumstances?
Sorry if I am posting this on the wrong thread, but I consider the whole deadly virus idea a bit suspect - getting back to the point of the OP.

tankasnowgod

Trumps end goal was to lower the dollars value and bully trade deals for monpolies.

Then it hasn't worked so far. The dollar is up against pretty much every other currency on the Forex market, as is it's value against gold and silver.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
So a virus is "alive" if it can replicate once placed in contact with a living cell having the appropriate receptor, and "dead" if it cannot replicate under identical circumstances?
Sorry I misunderstood your question. Hopefully one of our helpful scientific members will chime in!

Logan-

@Amarsh213, What do you think the best course of action would be to protect one’s savings’ value in our current situation? Invest in what? I am not talking about “gaining” (turning the current situation into an advantage), but just “not losing” the savings’ value primarily.

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
@Amarsh213, What do you think the best course of action would be to protect one’s savings’ value in our current situation? Invest in what? I am not talking about “gaining”, but “not losing” the savings’ value primarily.
Probably cash on hand and cash in your bank/investment account...but it's a bad time to be selling in order to raise cash. Pretty much everything is already crashed and continues cratering. So if you are younger, you might want to take a chance on some high quality stocks in small positions - they will bounce back when or IF this crazy stoppage ends.

Right now the velocity of money is almost zero. I don't think that has ever happened, but it was always bad for economies and markets when it merely slowed down in the past. I'm not sure how you restart everything once it has come to a standstill. Refineries have to run but what to do with the gas if no one except critical supplies trucks are using fuel? Do you rehire the same trained workforce for any industry? If you can find them, that is? The Feds are trying to pour out money to keep people from total panic, but I think a lot of it will just evaporate in losses & bad debts.

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

Probably cash on hand and cash in your bank/investment account...but it's a bad time to be selling in order to raise cash. Pretty much everything is already crashed and continues cratering. So if you are younger, you might want to take a chance on some high quality stocks in small positions - they will bounce back when or IF this crazy stoppage ends.

Right now the velocity of money is almost zero. I don't think that has ever happened, but it was always bad for economies and markets when it merely slowed down in the past. I'm not sure how you restart everything once it has come to a standstill. Refineries have to run but what to do with the gas if no one except critical supplies trucks are using fuel? Do you rehire the same trained workforce for any industry? If you can find them, that is? The Feds are trying to pour out money to keep people from total panic, but I think a lot of it will just evaporate in losses & bad debts.

upload_2020-3-22_22-18-31.png

upload_2020-3-22_22-19-18.png

For those who are afraid of catching the Wuhan flu that gives you a little cough. I assure you we are either facing some sort of World War, or Depression. Potentially Both.

Be safe

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-22_22-18-52.png
    upload_2020-3-22_22-18-52.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 9

lvysaur

It could always be a coordinated attack between two global powers. Consider that:

- it spread from a suspiciously efficient location, the exact center of populated China.
- it spread during a suspiciously efficient time, Chinese New Year, where everyone is travelling.
- despite 3+ months notice, western countries took absolutely zero preventative measures against the virus. A comically inept failure. Almost suspiciously so.
- the Trump family is on record tweeting in support of the stock market right before corona hit the west hard--they definitely dumped stock.
- the aforementioned tweets were since deleted.
- the yield curve inverted in 2019. This always predicts a recession.

It looks like China could benefit from this in the end, but the recession scapegoat is a tempting theory to me. Maybe with partial involvement from parts of both the Chinese and US government.

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

It could always be a coordinated attack between two global powers. Consider that:

- it spread from a suspiciously efficient location, the exact center of populated China.
- it spread during a suspiciously efficient time, Chinese New Year, where everyone is travelling.
- despite 3+ months notice, western countries took absolutely zero preventative measures against the virus. A comically inept failure. Almost suspiciously so.
- the Trump family is on record tweeting in support of the stock market right before corona hit the west hard--they definitely dumped stock.
- the aforementioned tweets were since deleted.
- the yield curve inverted in 2019. This always predicts a recession.

It looks like China could benefit from this in the end, but the recession scapegoat is a tempting theory to me. Maybe with partial involvement from parts of both the Chinese and US government.

Not gonna lie never thought of the idea of them working together. Actually works out perfectly.

Very likely just mutual authoritative kleptocracy trying to fix a demographic issue. Drop a boomer reaper bio weapon. Yes people it’s that bad at the top of the pyramid, Weinstein/Epstein ..etc those guys are lower level patsys pitched to the plebs..

LeeLemonoil

This seems definitely like a monetary/economic design.

Private Equity and other big investors habe concertedly dropped stocks in early 2018 already just to make another huge amount up until before the crash. The recent all time highs seemed completely alien given the real economic situations.

Now with stock prices going down these players will certainly overtake some of the best corporations worldwide that they didn’t already own. Acquisitions and hostile take overs will take place.
Certainly stock prices will bounce back for a while when said players use their digital money to pour back into the markets, so individuals with reserves can maybe make a quick buck alongside it but in the end something big us happening. Inflation, Stagflation or debt deflation on maybe unseen scales.

LUH 3417

This seems definitely like a monetary/economic design.

Private Equity and other big investors habe concertedly dropped stocks in early 2018 already just to make another huge amount up until before the crash. The recent all time highs seemed completely alien given the real economic situations.

Now with stock prices going down these players will certainly overtake some of the best corporations worldwide that they didn’t already own. Acquisitions and hostile take overs will take place.
Certainly stock prices will bounce back for a while when said players use their digital money to pour back into the markets, so individuals with reserves can maybe make a quick buck alongside it but in the end something big us happening. Inflation, Stagflation or debt deflation on maybe unseen scales.
While I agree that it’s coordinated, I Also realize that I feel completely helpless and terrorized by that fact. I’m not even that worried about myself as much as I am worried about my parents who are small business owners. It’s like if I believed all the efforts being taken were benevolent and coordinated, and had trust that everything would be ok, I would not be in the stress state I feel. The idea of relentless political manipulation and no escape is like living in a culture of death and destruction. I mean really where do you go from here besides the hills?

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

While I agree that it’s coordinated, I Also realize that I feel completely helpless and terrorized by that fact. I’m not even that worried about myself as much as I am worried about my parents who are small business owners. It’s like if I believed all the efforts being taken were benevolent and coordinated, and had trust that everything would be ok, I would not be in the stress state I feel. The idea of relentless political manipulation and no escape is like living in a culture of death and destruction. I mean really where do you go from here besides the hills?

Just do your best to protect yourself and those you love.

Kleptocracts always come to power in late stage empires, as do the praetorian guards(Military/Police)

Us little people have been getting crushed for centuries, atleast its just financial for now, back then our villages would been pillaged

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals