Corona Virus How To Treat

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP's post in the thread below is very interesting:

Email I just sent to my estranged wife regarding Coronavirus. THIS COULD SAVE LIVES...

Later in the thread, someone posted this about regarding the OP's PPI recommendation:

Email I just sent to my estranged wife regarding Coronavirus. THIS COULD SAVE LIVES... - Page 4

TLDR:

"You need to go to the store and buy one of these: Pepcid, Tagamet, Adix, or Zantac.
This covers your H2 antagonist drug.

Buy enough Prilosec, Prevacid. or Nexium to do the same as above.
This covers the PPI Drugs. (Proton Pump Inhibitors)

Lastly, I'd buy a big **** bottle of benadryl or generic benadry. aka... diphenhydramine.
This covers your need for a H1 antagonist."

Serotoninja

Later in the thread, someone posted this about regarding the OP's PPI recommendation
well if the point of PPIs is to protect against LPS taking cyproheptadine would be safer and would take care of H1 antagonism at the same time, otherwise I guess aspirin or emodin should help during a cytokine storm

famotidine (pepcid) + cyproheptadine sounds like a good idea

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

LeeLemonoil

Reading your post I get the impression that the first infected did transmit it to the other three. The news however say that the four are co-workers and got infected by this Chinese lady during a training.

You’re right

Pompadour

Ok ... Omeprazol and ketotifen we have...
But what to do with kids? Omeprazol is used for kids from 1 year and older.

But all antihistamines have serious contrindications for kids. Ketotifen is only for kids older as 3 years for example. And cypro has also contrindications. And both of them can;t be used while breastfeeding. :(((

And what to do if we have symptoms? As i understand, better go to klinik ...but take with us Omeprazol and antihistamines?

I am seriously concerned. Because my husband;s teacher start to give lectures for students from China next week :( So this virus can be very fast here (we are in Germany, NRW, close to Hannover and Paderborn)

I am not in a good shape - i have chronic pancreatitis flare up since last march , and breastfeed. So my immune system is not in a good shape.
But most of all i am afraid for my little kid, because she is only 20 months yo. :( We were recently in klinic with bad noravirus , she had febrile seizure.... and it was no fun. I saw a seizure the first time in my life and i was very very scared...

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the info Haidut. My concern with Idealabs MB is the salicylic acid. If someone were to fall ill would this interfere with a fever even though its supplying the MB?

The amount of salicylic acid in a typical dose of Oxidal is too small to interfere with anything. Besides, why would it "interfere" with anything? Salicylic acid is antiviral and if anything should synergize with MB, not hinder it.

LeeLemonoil

Ok ... Omeprazol and ketotifen we have...
But what to do with kids? Omeprazol is used for kids from 1 year and older.

But all antihistamines have serious contrindications for kids. Ketotifen is only for kids older as 3 years for example. And cypro has also contrindications. And both of them can;t be used while breastfeeding. :(((

And what to do if we have symptoms? As i understand, better go to klinik ...but take with us Omeprazol and antihistamines?

I am seriously concerned. Because my husband;s teacher start to give lectures for students from China next week :( So this virus can be very fast here (we are in Germany, NRW, close to Hannover and Paderborn)

I am not in a good shape - i have chronic pancreatitis flare up since last march , and breastfeed. So my immune system is not in a good shape.
But most of all i am afraid for my little kid, because she is only 20 months yo. :( We were recently in klinic with bad noravirus , she had febrile seizure.... and it was no fun. I saw a seizure the first time in my life and i was very very scared...

Does your husband and colleagues know where the Chinese students are from? And since when are they in Ger? If they’re not from the region affected in China or if they are here since before the virus spread in December then there should be no reason for concern.

But yes, your little one needs consideration. You might consult your GP or Kinderarzt with your Situation if it can’t be ruled out that the students are unaffected. Incubation is 14 days, of they are here for longer andere not sick then no worries.

Pompadour

But yes, your little one needs consideration. You might consult your GP or Kinderarzt with your Situation if it can’t be ruled out that the students are unaffected. Incubation is 14 days, of they are here for longer andere not sick then no worries.
No one knows, from where are the students and how long they are in Germany...very likely, they were in China for chinese new year celebration.
I think our Kinderartzt knows not much for now unfortunatelly. And of course she hates, when i tell her about some "alternative treatments from internet" :(

LeeLemonoil

No one knows, from where are the students and how long they are in Germany...very likely, they were in China for chinese new year celebration.
I think our Kinderartzt knows not much for now unfortunatelly. And of course she hates, when i tell her about some "alternative treatments from internet" :(

That’s an uneasy situation. I thought you might ask your Kinderarzt for general advice on which antiviral measures are suitable for kids in the age of your daughter. It’s tricky since their immunity really isn’t well developed at that age. Can’t your husband opt out of the job as long as it is unknown where those students are from? If they were in China that recently, I think inquiring further is justified and not hysterical - although we walk a fine line here not to stigmatize all the Chinese currently traveling the world

Pompadour

Can’t your husband opt out of the job as long as it is unknown where those students are from
He can only miss 1 day , because it is courses for C1 german language, that this teacher gives. And this courses are payed by Jobcenter. :( Maybe he could go to the Hausarzt and ask for sick leave certificate for two weeks....maybe he could tell doctor that he has a depression or smth...i don't know if it would be enough as a reason for the doctor.

Pompadour

Could Fenistil -dimethindene be usefull as h1 blocker? It is used for babies. From wiki :

Dimetindene is an antihistamine/anticholinergic. It is a first generation selective H1 antagonist. Dimetindene is an atypical first generation H1 antagonist as it only minimally passes across the blood-brain barrier.

RealNeat

The amount of salicylic acid in a typical dose of Oxidal is too small to interfere with anything. Besides, why would it "interfere" with anything? Salicylic acid is antiviral and if anything should synergize with MB, not hinder it.
Sure, I guess my concern was with hindering a fever in some way so that it would not serve its purpose to a healthy extent. If someone were to fall ill, what would be the proper point to intercede in the process? My concerns stem from the possibility of Reyes Syndrome and an excerpt from Thomas Cowan's book "Vaccines Autoimmunity and the Changing Nature of Childhood Illness." provided below.

--> Fever and the Nature of Acute Disease

The Mechanism for Aspirin or Salicylates Induced Reye's Syndrome in Children with Viral Infections

InChristAlone

Sure, I guess my concern was with hindering a fever in some way so that it would not serve its purpose to a healthy extent. If someone were to fall ill, what would be the proper point to intercede in the process? My concerns stem from the possibility of Reyes Syndrome and an excerpt from Thomas Cowan's book "Vaccines Autoimmunity and the Changing Nature of Childhood Illness." provided below.

--> Fever and the Nature of Acute Disease

The Mechanism for Aspirin or Salicylates Induced Reye's Syndrome in Children with Viral Infections
Not convinced it is the aspirin alone. It's a syndrome because it's just a collection of symptoms. Hypoglycemia could cause a lot of those symptoms by itself, and of course being that aspirin increases metabolism and during acute illness people tend not to eat, that could be a major concern. Which is why I give my kids gatorade or juice during illness. That said it is a free fatty acid inhibitor, just like niacinamide which could theoretically cause liver problems, but again giving juice during acute illness or IV glucose might solve that issue?

RealNeat

Not convinced it is the aspirin alone. It's a syndrome because it's just a collection of symptoms. Hypoglycemia could cause a lot of those symptoms by itself, and of course being that aspirin increases metabolism and during acute illness people tend not to eat, that could be a major concern. Which is why I give my kids gatorade or juice during illness. That said it is a free fatty acid inhibitor, just like niacinamide which could theoretically cause liver problems, but again giving juice during acute illness or IV glucose might solve that issue?

Yes, I was thinking the same thing while reading. Considering the stats that RP quotes of the 30-40% of the population being hypothyroid+the things in their environment that compound it (PUFA etc.) to some degree, the oxidative processes to effectively derive clean energy and CO2 are probably somewhat compromised. When an agent like aspirin is introduced, or as you mentioned niacinamide, without proper glucose intake or metabolism, I can see where issues would arise. This brings up the question, would people on "ketogenic" diets be more prone to things like this? Another question that comes to mind is when the body is naturally losing its appetite, usually at the onset of a fever, is feeding it the right thing to do? Possibly, liquids do not result in increasing body temp further but solids would, hence the decrease in appetite to prevent too high of a fever. These are a part of the many questions that come to mind when tinkering with the bodies chemistry.

boris

[...]
Anyways, back to the virus. In addition to everything else mentioned in this thread, methylene blue (MB) (and related quinones like emodin, vitamin K, etc) is probably the most accessible OTC treatment and it has shown direct effects against many version of the coronavirus, and the mechanism of action has been shown to work against ANY virus. That's the reason they use MB for sterilizing aquariums - it is the broadest spectrum anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal currently available and it is the quinone structure that enables it to have such effects. Emodin as well as various naphthoquinones also have a ton of studies on their effect on viruses.
Europe PMC
Inactivation of Ebola virus and Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus in platelet concentrates and plasma by ultraviolet C light and methyle... - PubMed - NCBI
Error - Cookies Turned Off

The studies above talk about combining MB with light but there is no need as MB by itself is quite potent virucidal. Peat also recommended it to a forum member who asked specifically about antivirals. See last few sentences of this post.
Euphoric After Last Email [Methylene Blue, H. Pylory]
[...]

Would any amount of meth blue when consuming cheese be bad or is there a certain threshold?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

lvysaur

ACE2 blockers. You're less at risk if you're a woman, black, or white.

Grapelander

Oh, i see! Thank you for clarifying!

Very interesting! Indomethacin has a lot of contrindications though...:(

I also found that low dose naltrexone can be helpful The Promise of Low Dose Naltrexone Therapy
26b674f73276.jpg
What a trip - this book was written in 2009 - and I thought Corona Virus was a 'new thing'. LDN sounds like a good drug to keep around.

Grapelander

Caffeoylquinic Acids Are Major Constituents with Potent Anti-Influenza Effects in Brazilian Green Propolis Water Extract

Caffeoylquinic acids (CQA) are compounds composed of a quinic acid core, acylated with one or more caffeoyl groups. There is a positive correlation between the number of caffeoyl groups bound to quinic acid and the rate of ATP production. Compounds of this class include:
  • Chlorogenic acid (3-O-caffeoylquinic acid or 3-CQA)
  • 4-O-caffeoylquinic acid (crypto-chlorogenic acid or 4-CQA)
  • 5-O-caffeoylquinic acid (neo-chlorogenic acid or 5-CQA)
Chlorogenic acid can be found in the bamboo Phyllostachys edulis, as well as in many other plants, such as the shoots of common heather (Calluna vulgaris).
Chlorogenic acid and the related compounds cryptochlorogenic acid, and neochlorogenic acid have been found in the leaves of Hibiscus sabdariffa.
Isomers of chlorogenic acid are found in potatoes. Chlorogenic acid is present in the flesh of eggplants, peaches, prunes and coffee beans

Neochlorogenic acid or 5-caffeoylquinic acid is a natural polyphenolic compound found in some types of dried fruits and a variety of other plant sources such as peaches. It is also found in Sunflower seed meal, Globe artichoke heads, Chicory [Red], Half-highbush blueberry, Highbush blueberry, Lovage, Burdock root, and Highbush blueberry. Nettles (Urtica dioica) is a good source.

Centella asiatica has caffeoylquinic acids. Plants of genus Pandanus. Chrysanthemum. Honeysuckle. Barberry. Black Currant (jelly to the rescue).

Inhibition of HIV infection by caffeoylquinic acid derivatives.
Caffeoylquinic acids attenuates NO and TNF-α levels in LPS-stimulated macrophages, thereby decreasing inflammation-associated sepsis.

Caffeoylquinic Acids Are Major Constituents with Potent Anti-Influenza Effects in Brazilian Green Propolis Water Extract

Caffeoylquinic acids (CQA) are compounds composed of a quinic acid core, acylated with one or more caffeoyl groups. There is a positive correlation between the number of caffeoyl groups bound to quinic acid and the rate of ATP production. Compounds of this class include:
  • Chlorogenic acid (3-O-caffeoylquinic acid or 3-CQA)
  • 4-O-caffeoylquinic acid (crypto-chlorogenic acid or 4-CQA)
  • 5-O-caffeoylquinic acid (neo-chlorogenic acid or 5-CQA)
Chlorogenic acid can be found in the bamboo Phyllostachys edulis, as well as in many other plants, such as the shoots of common heather (Calluna vulgaris).
Chlorogenic acid and the related compounds cryptochlorogenic acid, and neochlorogenic acid have been found in the leaves of Hibiscus sabdariffa.
Isomers of chlorogenic acid are found in potatoes. Chlorogenic acid is present in the flesh of eggplants, peaches, prunes and coffee beans

Neochlorogenic acid or 5-caffeoylquinic acid is a natural polyphenolic compound found in some types of dried fruits and a variety of other plant sources such as peaches. It is also found in Sunflower seed meal, Globe artichoke heads, Chicory [Red], Half-highbush blueberry, Highbush blueberry, Lovage, Burdock root, and Highbush blueberry. Nettles (Urtica dioica) is a good source.

Centella asiatica has caffeoylquinic acids. Plants of genus Pandanus. Chrysanthemum. Honeysuckle. Barberry. Black Currant (jelly to the rescue).

Inhibition of HIV infection by caffeoylquinic acid derivatives.
Caffeoylquinic acids attenuates NO and TNF-α levels in LPS-stimulated macrophages, thereby decreasing inflammation-associated sepsis.
Green coffee