Corona Virus How To Treat

LucyL

Some things to consider - below about 43 def F the virus will stay alive, airborne pretty much indefinitely. Above 70 deg F it will live about 3 hours airborne. Alcohol is the best killer of the virus, better than bleach and chlorhexadine. I'll edit this post to add some links later today.

schultz

Before seeing that thread, I was thinking there was a sort of "poisoning" angle to any illness, even if that's a buildup of LPS, lactic acid, serotonin, and stress hormones. I know LPS and "endotoxin" are pretty much used inter-changeably, but all of those could be a sort of endotoxin.

I think the 'endo' in endotoxin is referring to the toxin being a part of the bacteria itself as opposed to an exotoxin, which bacteria can secrete. I can't tell if what you were getting at is that lactic acid, serotonin, etc are also like 'endo' toxins because they are inside our body and 'endo' means 'within'.

InChristAlone

I think most seaweed is algae.
The difference needs to be noted. I would never tell someone go eat some algae, you would tell them specifically what seaweed as there are thousands of algaes and many of them are toxic.
"What is the difference between seaweed and algae?

• Seaweeds are a group of algae, and have some special characteristics viz. macroscopic, multi-cellular, benthic, and marine.
  • Diversity of algae is extremely high and incomparable with that of seaweeds.
  • Algae could be both unicellular and multi-cellular, whereas seaweeds are necessarily multi-cellular.
  • All the seaweed species are autotrophic, whereas some algal species rely on other external food materials.
  • Algae inhabit both freshwater and marine waters, while seaweeds inhabit only seawaters.
  • Marine algae can distribute over shallow as well as deep waters, while seaweeds mostly inhabit shallow waters." Seaweeds: Plants or Algae? | Point Reyes National Seashore Association

tankasnowgod

What makes you say 2019-nCoV has been known for so long, or is so trivial? It's classified by the WHO as a novel corona virus dated last year. There are many corona viruses; some give rise to relatively mild disease - like a cold. But this one, from the reports I've heard, has been killing a significant proportion of those identified as infected.

I don't care what the WHO says or does. They aren't qualified to make such statements. They aren't doctors or researchers, but bureaucrats in a psuedo-government organization working for as part of another organization (The UN) that shouldn't even exist. Their track record and knowledge of health is abysmal, being on the wrong or questionable side of the lipid hypothesis, sugar consumption, trans fats, and vaccines.

If they aren't sharing all their research on how they made such a conclusion, they can be dismissed out of hand.

Who knows whether there would have been wider pandemics if major precautions had not been taken? Personally, I'm happy not to find out the hard way. Epidemics and pandemics have had a history of decimating populations. We currently have so much travel, that containment and isolation can be quite difficult.

Ah. The old "you have to look at what didn't happen" argument. Pretty much impossible to refute that argument, but again, it proves nothing, because the same applies the other direction. Who knows if there would have been fewer diagnoses and deaths if they hadn't been publicized so much? Personally, I would rather live in that world.

I can't remember if you are in the US, but as to swine flu, personally, 60 million USers infected, over 12000 dead, and over 500 000 dead worldwide doesn't strike me as a non-existent pandemic.

Well, the US numbers certainly strike me as non-existent pandemic. In fact, the definition of such. As to that..... what's the source for you "60 Million Infected" in the US stat? And in what timeframe? 12,000 dead from that number is 0.02%, which isn't high at all. You said before that epidemics have a history of "decimating" population. Well, even taking your numbers at face value, .02% is 500 time smaller than 10%. That's assuming it's true, cause of death is an assumption made by a doctor or coroner, often with pressures to make a diagnosis one way or another.

More people catch "The common cold," often a couple times a year. Swine flu is not a much different experience.

So what makes an epidemic, exactly? Sheer number of infections? If that's the case, why aren't we sounding the alarm constantly over Epstein-Barr? It's estimated that around 66.5% of the US pop has it. That's over 200 Million People. And there are cases of people dying from it, most famously David Vetter. Although the vast majority of people are asymptomatic. So is that a worthy epidemic or not?

Inaut

According to the CDC, the flu kills about 56,000 people a year. I'm not going to accept this as the end of the world until numbers far exceed that. I pray for everyone dough...............

Constatine

Lots of salt, lots of mushrooms, vitamin C, and some raw garlic is what I would do if I got infected.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

lampofred

Peat's newsletter from yesterday seems to say that some "pandemics" in the past have simply been made up...

lampofred

haidut

Forum Supporter
A virus is rarely THE problem. Just like elevated cholesterol, it is just a symptoms of compromised health stemming from a compromised environment. The virus receives all the attention because it is an easier "target" to modify, attack, kill, vaccinate, etc and in the process make a lot of money. Keep in mind that doctors freely acknowledge that we as a society have decided long time ago that it is too expensive/hard to modify the environment so we now target the individual instead. The article below talks about another issue/disease (and its official drug) but the claim of the doctor about the environment is applicable to every disease and current approach to "health" in general, including viral "epidemics".
Attention Disorder or Not, Pills to Help in School
"...The pills boost focus and impulse control in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Although A.D.H.D is the diagnosis Dr. Anderson makes, he calls the disorder “made up” and “an excuse” to prescribe the pills to treat what he considers the children’s true ill — poor academic performance in inadequate schools. “I don’t have a whole lot of choice,” said Dr. Anderson, a pediatrician for many poor families in Cherokee County, north of Atlanta. “We’ve decided as a society that it’s too expensive to modify the kid’s environment. So we have to modify the kid.”

Anyways, back to the virus. In addition to everything else mentioned in this thread, methylene blue (MB) (and related quinones like emodin, vitamin K, etc) is probably the most accessible OTC treatment and it has shown direct effects against many version of the coronavirus, and the mechanism of action has been shown to work against ANY virus. That's the reason they use MB for sterilizing aquariums - it is the broadest spectrum anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal currently available and it is the quinone structure that enables it to have such effects. Emodin as well as various naphthoquinones also have a ton of studies on their effect on viruses.
Europe PMC
Inactivation of Ebola virus and Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus in platelet concentrates and plasma by ultraviolet C light and methyle... - PubMed - NCBI
Error - Cookies Turned Off

The studies above talk about combining MB with light but there is no need as MB by itself is quite potent virucidal. Peat also recommended it to a forum member who asked specifically about antivirals. See last few sentences of this post.
Euphoric After Last Email [Methylene Blue, H. Pylory]

In addition, serotonin is required for viral infections to take hold and unsurprisingly anti-serotonin chemicals like cypro and Benadryl have potent anti-viral effects even against viruses considered lethal.
The JCV uses a serotonin receptor to infect cells
Cyproheptadine May Prevent And Treat HIV Infection

Cyproheptadine May Treat Ebola Infection
Repurposing potential of 1st generation H1-specific antihistamines as anti-filovirus therapeutics. - PubMed - NCBI

@tankasnowgod

Last edited:

LeeLemonoil

4 infected cases confirmed in southern Germany. The first infected had contact with a Chinese working colleague who developed symptoms only after flying back to China. She herself got it from parents living in Wuhan. The other three cases had contact with the first infected German. Will be interesting to see if they can contain this cluster.

RealNeat

A virus is rarely THE problem. Just like elevated cholesterol, it is just a symptoms of compromised health stemming from a compromised environment. The virus receives all the attention because it is an easier "target" to modify, attack, kill, vaccinate, etc and in the process make a lot of money. Keep in mind that doctors freely acknowledge that we as a society have decided long time ago that it is too expensive/hard to modify the environment so we now target the individual instead. The article below talks about another issue/disease (and its official drug) but the claim of the doctor about the environment is applicable to every disease and current approach to "health" in general, including viral "epidemics".
Attention Disorder or Not, Pills to Help in School
"...The pills boost focus and impulse control in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Although A.D.H.D is the diagnosis Dr. Anderson makes, he calls the disorder “made up” and “an excuse” to prescribe the pills to treat what he considers the children’s true ill — poor academic performance in inadequate schools. “I don’t have a whole lot of choice,” said Dr. Anderson, a pediatrician for many poor families in Cherokee County, north of Atlanta. “We’ve decided as a society that it’s too expensive to modify the kid’s environment. So we have to modify the kid.”

Anyways, back to the virus. In addition to everything else mentioned in this thread, methylene blue (MB) (and related quinones like emodin, vitamin K, etc) is probably the most accessible OTC treatment and it has shown direct effects against many version of the coronavirus, and the mechanism of action has been shown to work against ANY virus. That's the reason they use MB for sterilizing aquariums - it is the broadest spectrum anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal currently available and it is the quinone structure that enables it to have such effects. Emodin as well as various naphthoquinones also have a ton of studies on their effect on viruses.
Europe PMC
Inactivation of Ebola virus and Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus in platelet concentrates and plasma by ultraviolet C light and methyle... - PubMed - NCBI
Error - Cookies Turned Off

The studies above talk about combining MB with light but there is no need as MB by itself is quite potent virucidal. Peat also recommended it to a forum member who asked specifically about antivirals. See last few sentences of this post.
Euphoric After Last Email [Methylene Blue, H. Pylory]

In addition, serotonin is required for viral infections to take hold and unsurprisingly anti-serotonin chemicals like cypro and Benadryl have potent anti-viral effects even against viruses considered lethal.
The JCV uses a serotonin receptor to infect cells

Cyproheptadine May Treat Ebola Infection
Repurposing potential of 1st generation H1-specific antihistamines as anti-filovirus therapeutics. - PubMed - NCBI

@tankasnowgod

Thanks for the info Haidut. My concern with Idealabs MB is the salicylic acid. If someone were to fall ill would this interfere with a fever even though its supplying the MB?

Giraffe

4 infected cases confirmed in southern Germany. The first infected had contact with a Chinese working colleague who developed symptoms only after flying back to China. She herself got it from parents living in Wuhan. The other three cases had contact with the first infected German. Will be interesting to see if they can contain this cluster.
Reading your post I get the impression that the first infected did transmit it to the other three. The news however say that the four are co-workers and got infected by this Chinese lady during a training.

tara

The difference needs to be noted.
Yes, seaweeds are just a small subsection of the many algaes.
I agree that if we are looking to eat or recommend something, being more precise about which kind generally makes sense.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals