1. Spring Sale 10% Off @ LifeGivingStore.com Till June 10th With Coupon Code: SPRING2020
    Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Corona Virus How To Treat

Discussion in 'Supplements' started by Soren, Jan 22, 2020.

1. LucyL

LucyL Member

Some things to consider - below about 43 def F the virus will stay alive, airborne pretty much indefinitely. Above 70 deg F it will live about 3 hours airborne. Alcohol is the best killer of the virus, better than bleach and chlorhexadine. I'll edit this post to add some links later today.

2. schultz

schultz Member

I think the 'endo' in endotoxin is referring to the toxin being a part of the bacteria itself as opposed to an exotoxin, which bacteria can secrete. I can't tell if what you were getting at is that lactic acid, serotonin, etc are also like 'endo' toxins because they are inside our body and 'endo' means 'within'.

3. sugarbabe

sugarbabe Member

The difference needs to be noted. I would never tell someone go eat some algae, you would tell them specifically what seaweed as there are thousands of algaes and many of them are toxic.
    "What is the difference between seaweed and algae?

• Seaweeds are a group of algae, and have some special characteristics viz. macroscopic, multi-cellular, benthic, and marine.
    • Diversity of algae is extremely high and incomparable with that of seaweeds.
    • Algae could be both unicellular and multi-cellular, whereas seaweeds are necessarily multi-cellular.
    • All the seaweed species are autotrophic, whereas some algal species rely on other external food materials.
    • Algae inhabit both freshwater and marine waters, while seaweeds inhabit only seawaters.
    • Marine algae can distribute over shallow as well as deep waters, while seaweeds mostly inhabit shallow waters." Seaweeds: Plants or Algae? | Point Reyes National Seashore Association

4. tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod Member

I don't care what the WHO says or does. They aren't qualified to make such statements. They aren't doctors or researchers, but bureaucrats in a psuedo-government organization working for as part of another organization (The UN) that shouldn't even exist. Their track record and knowledge of health is abysmal, being on the wrong or questionable side of the lipid hypothesis, sugar consumption, trans fats, and vaccines.

If they aren't sharing all their research on how they made such a conclusion, they can be dismissed out of hand.

Ah. The old "you have to look at what didn't happen" argument. Pretty much impossible to refute that argument, but again, it proves nothing, because the same applies the other direction. Who knows if there would have been fewer diagnoses and deaths if they hadn't been publicized so much? Personally, I would rather live in that world.

Well, the US numbers certainly strike me as non-existent pandemic. In fact, the definition of such. As to that..... what's the source for you "60 Million Infected" in the US stat? And in what timeframe? 12,000 dead from that number is 0.02%, which isn't high at all. You said before that epidemics have a history of "decimating" population. Well, even taking your numbers at face value, .02% is 500 time smaller than 10%. That's assuming it's true, cause of death is an assumption made by a doctor or coroner, often with pressures to make a diagnosis one way or another.

More people catch "The common cold," often a couple times a year. Swine flu is not a much different experience.

So what makes an epidemic, exactly? Sheer number of infections? If that's the case, why aren't we sounding the alarm constantly over Epstein-Barr? It's estimated that around 66.5% of the US pop has it. That's over 200 Million People. And there are cases of people dying from it, most famously David Vetter. Although the vast majority of people are asymptomatic. So is that a worthy epidemic or not?

5. Lollipop2

Lollipop2 Member

Thank you!

6. Inaut

Inaut Member

According to the CDC, the flu kills about 56,000 people a year. I'm not going to accept this as the end of the world until numbers far exceed that. I pray for everyone dough...............

7. Constatine

Constatine Member

Lots of salt, lots of mushrooms, vitamin C, and some raw garlic is what I would do if I got infected.

8. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

Interesting...why salt?

9. tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod Member

It would be quite hard to bring about the end of the world. I always think of this Top Ten list- Top 10 Ways to Destroy Earth | Live Science

10. Constatine

Constatine Member

11. lampofred

lampofred Member

Peat's newsletter from yesterday seems to say that some "pandemics" in the past have simply been made up...

12. lampofred

lampofred Member

I think salt stimulates the immune system but also makes you more prone to getting sick in the first place... whereas calcium quiets the immune system but increases resistance to disease. Getting high amounts of both salt and calcium in balance would probably be safest

13. haidut

haidut Member

A virus is rarely THE problem. Just like elevated cholesterol, it is just a symptoms of compromised health stemming from a compromised environment. The virus receives all the attention because it is an easier "target" to modify, attack, kill, vaccinate, etc and in the process make a lot of money. Keep in mind that doctors freely acknowledge that we as a society have decided long time ago that it is too expensive/hard to modify the environment so we now target the individual instead. The article below talks about another issue/disease (and its official drug) but the claim of the doctor about the environment is applicable to every disease and current approach to "health" in general, including viral "epidemics".
    Attention Disorder or Not, Pills to Help in School
    "...The pills boost focus and impulse control in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Although A.D.H.D is the diagnosis Dr. Anderson makes, he calls the disorder “made up” and “an excuse” to prescribe the pills to treat what he considers the children’s true ill — poor academic performance in inadequate schools. “I don’t have a whole lot of choice,” said Dr. Anderson, a pediatrician for many poor families in Cherokee County, north of Atlanta. “We’ve decided as a society that it’s too expensive to modify the kid’s environment. So we have to modify the kid.”

Anyways, back to the virus. In addition to everything else mentioned in this thread, methylene blue (MB) (and related quinones like emodin, vitamin K, etc) is probably the most accessible OTC treatment and it has shown direct effects against many version of the coronavirus, and the mechanism of action has been shown to work against ANY virus. That's the reason they use MB for sterilizing aquariums - it is the broadest spectrum anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal currently available and it is the quinone structure that enables it to have such effects. Emodin as well as various naphthoquinones also have a ton of studies on their effect on viruses.
    Europe PMC
    Inactivation of Ebola virus and Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus in platelet concentrates and plasma by ultraviolet C light and methyle... - PubMed - NCBI
    Error - Cookies Turned Off

The studies above talk about combining MB with light but there is no need as MB by itself is quite potent virucidal. Peat also recommended it to a forum member who asked specifically about antivirals. See last few sentences of this post.
    Euphoric After Last Email [Methylene Blue, H. Pylory]

In addition, serotonin is required for viral infections to take hold and unsurprisingly anti-serotonin chemicals like cypro and Benadryl have potent anti-viral effects even against viruses considered lethal.
    The JCV uses a serotonin receptor to infect cells
    Cyproheptadine May Prevent And Treat HIV Infection
    Cyproheptadine May Prevent And Treat HIV Infection

Cyproheptadine May Treat Ebola Infection
    Repurposing potential of 1st generation H1-specific antihistamines as anti-filovirus therapeutics. - PubMed - NCBI

@tankasnowgod

14. RealNeat

RealNeat Member

15. Pompadour

Pompadour Member

16. John321

John321 Member

17. LeeLemonoil

LeeLemonoil Member

4 infected cases confirmed in southern Germany. The first infected had contact with a Chinese working colleague who developed symptoms only after flying back to China. She herself got it from parents living in Wuhan. The other three cases had contact with the first infected German. Will be interesting to see if they can contain this cluster.

18. RealNeat

RealNeat Member

Thanks for the info Haidut. My concern with Idealabs MB is the salicylic acid. If someone were to fall ill would this interfere with a fever even though its supplying the MB?

19. Giraffe

Giraffe Member

Reading your post I get the impression that the first infected did transmit it to the other three. The news however say that the four are co-workers and got infected by this Chinese lady during a training.

20. tara

tara Member

Yes, seaweeds are just a small subsection of the many algaes.
    I agree that if we are looking to eat or recommend something, being more precise about which kind generally makes sense.