Corona Virus How To Treat

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
You don't even bother to open the link. And misinform others! Open and read. And I strongly suggest you delete what you have posted.

RESULTS: Unexpectedly, we found that INDO has a potent direct antiviral activity against the coronaviruses SARS-CoV and CCoV. INDO does not affect coronavirus binding or entry into host cells, but acts by blocking viral RNA synthesis at cytoprotective doses. This effect is independent of cyclooxygenase inhibition. INDO's potent antiviral activity (>1,000-fold reduction in virus yield) was confirmed in vivo in CCoV-infected dogs.

My apologies the link you posted did not work for me and as you had not quoted any extracts from the study explaining what the method of action is I looked up Indomethacin and found (as you can see from quote from drugs.com) that it is an anti-inflammatory that works through the COX enzyme inhibition. This led me to conclude that given the documented anti-viral effects of other substances such as Aspirin (another COX enzyme inhibitor) that it was the drugs primarily known method of action that was the cause of the therapeutic benefit in regards to the coronavirus.

Inaut

Kinda out to left field but what ever happened to the protests in Hong Kong...? Did Corona take the spot light?

Pompadour

He's talking about povidone-iodine not that iodine from USSR we used to.
Oh, i see! Thank you for clarifying!

Indomethacin has a potent antiviral activity against SARS coronavirus. - PubMed - NCBI

Indomethacin strong anti-coronavirus activity. 1,000-fold reduction in virus yield!!!!

Very interesting! Indomethacin has a lot of contrindications though...:(

I also found that low dose naltrexone can be helpful The Promise of Low Dose Naltrexone Therapy
26b674f73276.jpg

K

Kratos

This thing is serious and most people are in the dark right now.

tankasnowgod

This thing is serious

Doubt it. It's a virus that's been known about for at least 45 years, documented in humans for at least 15, and is basically like getting a cold or the flu.

This is sensationalism, and it will be the same thing as Zika, Swine Flu, Bird Flu, and all the other predicted pandemics that never happened.

Lollipop2

Doubt it. It's a virus that's been known about for at least 45 years, documented in humans for at least 15, and is basically like getting a cold or the flu.

This is sensationalism, and it will be the same thing as Zika, Swine Flu, Bird Flu, and all the other predicted pandemics that never happened.
I tend to agree with you here. I have zero evidence to support my thoughts, but you seem accurate with this assessment. Can you point me to documentation for your numbers above?

tankasnowgod

I tend to agree with you here. I have zero evidence to support my thoughts, but you seem accurate with this assessment. Can you point me to documentation for your numbers above?

I just did a search for "Corona Virus" on Google Scholar and Pubmed. Here's one of the first studies that comes up, finding it in a 7 month old baby in 2004- Identification of a new human coronavirus

Here's a study mentioning Corona Virus from 1978- A new coronavirus-like particle associated with diarrhea in swine

Haidut posted this when Zika was making headlines, and I share his suspicions about any front page epidemics- A Pesticide, Not Zika, May Be The Cause Of Microcephaly In Brazil

Lollipop2

I just did a search for "Corona Virus" on Google Scholar and Pubmed. Here's one of the first studies that comes up, finding it in a 7 month old baby in 2004- Identification of a new human coronavirus

Here's a study mentioning Corona Virus from 1978- A new coronavirus-like particle associated with diarrhea in swine

Haidut posted this when Zika was making headlines, and I share his suspicions about any front page epidemics- A Pesticide, Not Zika, May Be The Cause Of Microcephaly In Brazil
Great, thank you! Duh...google search *face palm* - lol.

Giraffe

I am not convinced yet that a virus alone is responsible for all the sick people in China. I also do suspect some sort of poisoning. The increasing numbers of corona virus infection diagnoses might be due to more testing. I think that it is always worthwhile to look for contributing factors when mystery viruses strike. Such factors can be vitamin A and vitamin D deficiency (both widespread in China), environmental pollution (beyond imagination in China), living in crowded, dire conditions, lack of sleep, stress in general ...

As a precautionary measure I personally would do whatever is appropriate for keeping off a cold: keeping warm, getting enough rest, keeping the blood sugar up, if possible avoiding irritants that upset the immune system ...

K

Kratos

No this is in the coronavirus family but it’s different than the rest in some ways, it has an extra layer of a shell for protection unlike the rest.

No this is in the coronavirus family but it’s different than the rest in some ways, it has an extra layer of a shell for protection unlike the rest.

Citation needed

InChristAlone

I'd like to see viruses shown to be anything more than cellular debris. See the bumped thread 'dismantling the virus theory'.

tankasnowgod

I'd like to see viruses shown to be anything more than cellular debris. See the bumped thread 'dismantling the virus theory'.

Before seeing that thread, I was thinking there was a sort of "poisoning" angle to any illness, even if that's a buildup of LPS, lactic acid, serotonin, and stress hormones. I know LPS and "endotoxin" are pretty much used inter-changeably, but all of those could be a sort of endotoxin. An excess of those things, PUFA, iron, alcohol and other poisons could exasperate the effect. I can even see how alcohol could potentially lower the overall toxin load, by killing bacteria and reducing amounts of serotonin, lactic acid, and endotoxin. But it could be a narrow therapeutic window.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Latest update I've heard is that the virus is accelerating. I can't corroborate this as it is second hand info but it is being claimed that the number of infected is not 2000 but over 100,000.

tara

I have somewhat jokingly said that garbagemen and plumbers are bigger heroes than doctors in the past, but truthfully, the services that garbagemen and plumbers provide prevent pandemics from spreading, prevented people from getting many diseases (and reduced length and severity when people are susceptible), and have improved both lifespan and quality of life. In that sense, doctors really can't compare.
+1
Do you mean seaweed? Algae should never be eaten.
I think most seaweed is algae.

What makes you say 2019-nCoV has been known for so long, or is so trivial? It's classified by the WHO as a novel corona virus dated last year. There are many corona viruses; some give rise to relatively mild disease - like a cold. But this one, from the reports I've heard, has been killing a significant proportion of those identified as infected.
Who knows whether there would have been wider pandemics if major precautions had not been taken? Personally, I'm happy not to find out the hard way. Epidemics and pandemics have had a history of decimating populations. We currently have so much travel, that containment and isolation can be quite difficult.

I can't remember if you are in the US, but as to swine flu, personally, 60 million USers infected, over 12000 dead, and over 500 000 dead worldwide doesn't strike me as a non-existent pandemic.

Nearly 10% of the people identified as infected with SARS died from it, across nearly 30 countries. A lot was done to contain it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals