1. Spring Sale 10% Off @ LifeGivingStore.com Till June 10th With Coupon Code: SPRING2020
    Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. LifeGivingStore.com New Products List:
    Natural Dessicated Thyroid

Magnesium Hydroxide

Dismiss Notice

Corona Virus How To Treat

Discussion in 'Supplements' started by Soren, Jan 22, 2020.

1. OP
    Soren

Soren Member

My apologies the link you posted did not work for me and as you had not quoted any extracts from the study explaining what the method of action is I looked up Indomethacin and found (as you can see from quote from drugs.com) that it is an anti-inflammatory that works through the COX enzyme inhibition. This led me to conclude that given the documented anti-viral effects of other substances such as Aspirin (another COX enzyme inhibitor) that it was the drugs primarily known method of action that was the cause of the therapeutic benefit in regards to the coronavirus.

2. Inaut

Inaut Member

Kinda out to left field but what ever happened to the protests in Hong Kong...? Did Corona take the spot light?

3. Pompadour

Pompadour Member

Oh, i see! Thank you for clarifying!

Very interesting! Indomethacin has a lot of contrindications though...:(

I also found that low dose naltrexone can be helpful The Promise of Low Dose Naltrexone Therapy[​IMG]

4. Kratos

Kratos Member

This thing is serious and most people are in the dark right now.

5. tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod Member

Doubt it. It's a virus that's been known about for at least 45 years, documented in humans for at least 15, and is basically like getting a cold or the flu.

This is sensationalism, and it will be the same thing as Zika, Swine Flu, Bird Flu, and all the other predicted pandemics that never happened.

6. Lollipop2

Lollipop2 Member

I tend to agree with you here. I have zero evidence to support my thoughts, but you seem accurate with this assessment. Can you point me to documentation for your numbers above?

7. tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod Member

I just did a search for "Corona Virus" on Google Scholar and Pubmed. Here's one of the first studies that comes up, finding it in a 7 month old baby in 2004- Identification of a new human coronavirus

Here's a study mentioning Corona Virus from 1978- A new coronavirus-like particle associated with diarrhea in swine

Haidut posted this when Zika was making headlines, and I share his suspicions about any front page epidemics- A Pesticide, Not Zika, May Be The Cause Of Microcephaly In Brazil

8. Lollipop2

Lollipop2 Member

Great, thank you! Duh...google search *face palm* - lol.

9. tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod Member

Scholar.Google.com is better than just regular Google when looking for studies, FYI.

10. Giraffe

Giraffe Member

I am not convinced yet that a virus alone is responsible for all the sick people in China. I also do suspect some sort of poisoning. The increasing numbers of corona virus infection diagnoses might be due to more testing. I think that it is always worthwhile to look for contributing factors when mystery viruses strike. Such factors can be vitamin A and vitamin D deficiency (both widespread in China), environmental pollution (beyond imagination in China), living in crowded, dire conditions, lack of sleep, stress in general ...

As a precautionary measure I personally would do whatever is appropriate for keeping off a cold: keeping warm, getting enough rest, keeping the blood sugar up, if possible avoiding irritants that upset the immune system ...

11. Kratos

Kratos Member

No this is in the coronavirus family but it’s different than the rest in some ways, it has an extra layer of a shell for protection unlike the rest.

12. methylenewhite

methylenewhite Member

Citation needed

13. sugarbabe

sugarbabe Member

I'd like to see viruses shown to be anything more than cellular debris. See the bumped thread 'dismantling the virus theory'.

14. tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod Member

So, Listerine, Cough Drops, and Kool Cigarettes, yeah?

15. tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod Member

Before seeing that thread, I was thinking there was a sort of "poisoning" angle to any illness, even if that's a buildup of LPS, lactic acid, serotonin, and stress hormones. I know LPS and "endotoxin" are pretty much used inter-changeably, but all of those could be a sort of endotoxin. An excess of those things, PUFA, iron, alcohol and other poisons could exasperate the effect. I can even see how alcohol could potentially lower the overall toxin load, by killing bacteria and reducing amounts of serotonin, lactic acid, and endotoxin. But it could be a narrow therapeutic window.

16. OP
    Soren

Soren Member

Latest update I've heard is that the virus is accelerating. I can't corroborate this as it is second hand info but it is being claimed that the number of infected is not 2000 but over 100,000.

17. thomas00

thomas00 Member

18. tara

tara Member

+1
    I think most seaweed is algae.
    What makes you say 2019-nCoV has been known for so long, or is so trivial? It's classified by the WHO as a novel corona virus dated last year. There are many corona viruses; some give rise to relatively mild disease - like a cold. But this one, from the reports I've heard, has been killing a significant proportion of those identified as infected.
    Who knows whether there would have been wider pandemics if major precautions had not been taken? Personally, I'm happy not to find out the hard way. Epidemics and pandemics have had a history of decimating populations. We currently have so much travel, that containment and isolation can be quite difficult.

I can't remember if you are in the US, but as to swine flu, personally, 60 million USers infected, over 12000 dead, and over 500 000 dead worldwide doesn't strike me as a non-existent pandemic.

Nearly 10% of the people identified as infected with SARS died from it, across nearly 30 countries. A lot was done to contain it.

19. LeeLemonoil

LeeLemonoil Member

20. Inaut

Inaut Member