Corona Virus How To Treat

Peater Piper

50 people out of official 1.386.000.000 people?
So Chinese Ethnics, Mongol Ethnics and Manchurian Ethnics are immune to flu even if the country is heavily polluted and people work like slaves all day? Those are some good genes and only perfect foods without toxins.

Then US is one of the worst countries to live in, with an estimate death of 61.000 deaths in 2019 due to flu for a population of only 327.000.000
I was being somewhat tongue-in-cheek. Because of the way China tests and classifies flu deaths, it looks like almost no one dies from it. The reality is probably closer to 100k flu deaths per year in China. Meanwhile, the CDC uses a model to calculate flu cases and deaths. They take the officially reported numbers and then compensate for under reporting. In other words, China massively under reports, and the USA over reports. It makes comparisons between the severity of the flu and COVID-19 difficult, since China's almost certainly fudging those numbers as well.

Data methods show gap between US, Chinese flu-related deaths - Global Times
Why Aren’t People in China Dying of the Flu? - Caixin Global

sladerunner69

Yeah I have heard from a few people that were diagnosed with the virus even during pregnancy. It's basically a bad cold. Last year I had an unproductive nagging cough, I finally took garlic and it cleared up. I just think these illnesses are way overblown. Lots of people are getting the flu this year, but some of them took Tamiflu and ended up getting pneumonia. The trend for all of them is usually stress related. Winter is a stress and many don't take that seriously enough. I see people trying to get cold adapted by doing ice baths and then still getting sick in bed with a fever. Guess that didn't pan out. Follow the laws of stress!!! Lack of sunlight-stress, lack of sleep-stress, cold-stress, not enough fuel-stress. And on and on.
Vitamin C is necessary as well. Too high arginine in the diet can fuel viral diseases. That's pretty common nowadays.

How much raw garlic did you consume and at what intervales? I am currently dealing with a nagging cough, headaches and pressure behind my eyes.

InChristAlone

Here is a great run down on what the city of Wuhan is like: What are the Chinese hiding in Wuhan? « Jon Rappoport's Blog

Also if you check the countries with supposedly bad infection they too have very bad air quality. I found a city in Iran at level 500, for comparison my city in the US is a 14 right now. 500 is like death for the lungs. Why do people die when they get the flu or a cold... it's usually lung related.

I don't need to know what flu virus or what cold virus is causing any of it. And no I'm not just brushing it off. Chinese people are being poisoned, many countries have dangerous air quality, people SHOULD be protesting for this. Unfortunately for communistic China, you can just get arrested, or thrown into a body bag. I am just amazed at the level of fear mongering over viruses.

InChristAlone

How much raw garlic did you consume and at what intervales? I am currently dealing with a nagging cough, headaches and pressure behind my eyes.
I did one crushed garlic clove left to form alicin for 20 minutes. Taken down like a shot. All it took was one, the cough disappeared.

https://www.thelancet.com/action/showPdf?pii=S2213-2600(20)30079-5

page 4:
Lactate concentration, mmol/L
Survivors (n=20), 1·4 (1·3–1·6)
Non-survivors (n=32), 2·9 (1·4–3·2)

Btw, "32 (61·5%) patients had died at 28 days, and the median duration from admission to the intensive care unit (ICU) to death was 7 (IQR 3–11) days for non-survivors."

In this case imo rised lactate caused by hypoxemia.

We report on 52 critically ill patients with confirmed
SARS-CoV-2 infection, characterised by severe hypo-
xaemia. 32 (61·5%) of critically ill patients had died at
28 days. Of all included patients, 37 (71%) required
mechanical ventilation and 35 (67%) had ARDS.

Is Serum Lactate Necessary in Patients with Normal Anion Gap and Serum Bicarbonate?

Our study indicates that lactate levels can be elevated independent of anion gap and serum bicarbonate levels, and thus should be drawn based on clinical suspicion of cellular hypoxemia.

Lactic Acidosis - StatPearls - NCBI Bookshelf
Normal lactate levels are less than two mmol/L, with hyperlactatemia defined as lactate levels between 2 mmol/L and 4 mmol/L. Severe levels of lactate are 4 mmol/L or higher.
Lactic acidosis is characterized as being one of two types. Type-A lactic acidosis is due to hypoperfusion and hypoxia, which occurs when an oxygen consumption/delivery mismatch occurs, with resulting anaerobic glycolysis.

Do not forget to give thiamine to your septic shock patient!
Increased lactate levels in septic shock may result from different mechanisms. Inadequacy between oxygen delivery and oxygen demand by the tissues, impairment of tissue oxygen extraction due to the sepsis-induced alterations in the microcirculation, and mitochondrial dysfunction all lead to the activation of anaerobic metabolism, and pyruvate is shunted toward lactate production (20). Other non-hypoxic mechanisms such as accelerated aerobic glycolysis induced by sepsis-associated inflammation (20), increased Na+-K+-ATPase activity through β2 stimulation (21), sepsis-induced inhibition of pyruvate dehydrogenase complex (22), impaired lactate clearance (23), and may be thiamine deficiency (18) may contribute to hyperlactatemia in septic shock patients. However, the source of lactic acidosis in septic shock patients is not usually identified by ICU physicians at the bedside. Also, in practice, measurements of plasma thiamine levels are not widely available laboratory tests and take several days to perform and, therefore, will not aid in decision making in septic shock. Nevertheless, septic shock can have manifestations similar to Shoshin beriberi and as adverse effects of thiamine administration are uncommon at both low or high dose and the overall safety profile (10), we think that septic shock patients should be given thiamine parenterally without waiting for the results of thiamine level. The European Society for Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism guidelines for parenteral nutrition in intensive care recommended thiamine supplementation of 100 to 300 mg/day during the first three days in the ICU for all patients with suspected thiamine deficiency (24). However, a dosage upwards to 500 mg may be necessary for patients with septic shock. Because anaphylaxis has been reported in rare instances (10), guidelines in the United Kingdom have recommended that thiamine should be administered over 15- to 30-minute interval in a mixture of saline solution or dextrose, with the intention of averting potential adverse reactions.

Giraffe

I’m pretty much doomed. Encountered a person from Veneto today.

What would you all do if you got sick? Would you risk going to the hospital? I’m afraid I wouldn’t be able to treat myself effectively here alone but don’t trust doctors or hospitals, I’m in Croatia as a foreign exchange student .
Kyle, if you catch a corona virus, it will probably cause a cold if anything at all. Even if it hits you harder, and you get flu-like symptoms it is unlikely that you need to get hospitalized. It's old and sick people for whom it can become dangerous.

I came down with the flu once, I needed lots of sleep for a couple of days, then it was over. I did not take any meds. If it happened again I would try aspirin for the body aches, I would take some vitamin C several times a day, and I would sleep with my chicken lamps on. As for dry cough... I found that gummy bears work great for me. I suck them like a lozenge.

Velve921

In a hypothetical if someone were to get the corona virus and has been following a Peat inspired metabolic plan, would their come a point to consider high dose of specific big guns?

For example, I remember Haidut talking about a study where 4 grams of aspirin a day reversed AIDS patients.

Or doing something like high dose progesterone, MB, B vitamins, or tetracyclines, etc...

I guess I am curious if I just stick to everything that I do, will that be enough? Or does it come a point where I would need to high dose something, particular?

In a hypothetical if someone were to get the corona virus and has been following a Peat inspired metabolic plan, would their come a point to consider high dose of specific big guns?

For example, I remember Haidut talking about a study where 4 grams of aspirin a day reversed AIDS patients.

Or doing something like high dose progesterone, MB, B vitamins, or tetracyclines, etc...

I guess I am curious if I just stick to everything that I do, will that be enough? Or does it come a point where I would need to high dose something, particular?
You could increase drastically your intake of b vitamins, especially thiamine. It's a really safe vitamin, even in large dosages, and it will increase CO2 drastically, as well as lower lactate. People in this thread have posted some studies showing more lactate in people who are very ill is correlated with less of them surviving. Lactate in itself can be toxic in high amounts, but I think that's not the only reason why more people with more lactate die. The more lactate, the less oxidative phosphorilation, so the electron flow and the ATP generation will be severely impaired. Not good when your body is trying to stay healthy. Niacinamide increases NAD+, which will also lower lactate, and there is a post on the forum showing that NAD+ may treat tuberculosis as well as AIDS( caused by "HIV").

Niacinamide May Be Able To Treat Both HIV And Tuberculosis

The only thing that I would pay close attention to while using a lot of thiamine is my intake of potassium, magnesium and manganese.

tankasnowgod

Not sure what you don't understand.
Depends on exposure.
Climbing Mt Everest is quite dangerous too. But only to those who attempt it.
People worked to contain and limit the spread of SARS-CoV, so relatively few people were exposed. That's what I would hope for emerging infectious diseases.

The comparison still doesn't make any sense, no matter how you spin it. Comparing a disease that affected 8000 people total to one that affected hundreds of millions? Might as well compare a tool shed to the Buj Khalifa. They are both buildings, after all.

Only around 8,000 people were exposed to SARS. You think that death rate would have held at 80,000, 800,000, 8 Million or higher? I don't, especially since the death rate from Spanish Flu varied dramatically depending on the season and region.

And you can attribute the limited exposure of SARS to containment efforts, but there isn't proof of that. It's also possible the virus just died off. Or had a very poor ability to reproduce.

The stat's I quoted both describe risk of death if infected, not risk of death per population.

Really? So with an annual death toll of 500,000 from the flu, you are claiming that 5 Billion people on the planet get the flu every year?

That's interesting, since I don't seem to get it any year, nor have I ever been confirmed to have the flu in my life.

OK, I can imagine there might be occasional error. But I'd be surprised if they were all relying on a test that had no basis for distinguishing the corona viruses from each other..

Is that really any more far fetched than endocrinology relying exclusively on the levels of a pituitary hormone (TSH) to diagnose thyroid disorders? Especially considering in the case of SARS 2 (Electric Boogaloo), they haven't had time to refine the test (or maybe even come up with one..........)

Besides, I didn't even suggest the test had no basis whatsoever. Even a 1% false positive rate would only be about 820, and that number could still easily take 25-35 countries off the "infected" list.

md_a

I think theanine is a good candidate for prevention and helps in healing.

Scinapse | Academic search engine for paper

“Experimental studies have shown some mechanisms of the action of green tea catechins and theanine on the prevention of influenza infection. These studies have shown that green tea catechins bind to the hemagglutinin molecule of influenza virus, thereby inhibiting the virus adsorption to the host cells and blocking virus assembly or maturation cleavage [14-16]. Theanine has a possibility to enhance the systemic immunity (γδ T-cell function) for influenza infection [11]. Our results seem to provide clinical evidence to confirm these biological activities.”

Effects of Green Tea Catechins and Theanine on Preventing Influenza Infection among Healthcare Workers: A Randomized Controlled Trial

CONCLUSIONS:

This proprietary formulation of CSF is a safe and effective dietary supplement for preventing cold and flu symptoms, and for enhancing gammadelta T cell function.

Specific formulation of Camellia sinensis prevents cold and flu symptoms and enhances gamma,delta T cell function: a randomized, double-blind, plac... - PubMed - NCBI

“Furthermore, theanine suppressed the LPS-induced inflammatory state by normalizing hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis hyperactivity. Taken together, the results suggest that theanine potentially ameliorates LPS-induced inflammation and acute liver injury; molecular mechanism of action may involve normalization of HPA axis hyperactivity and inactivation of the NF-κB signaling pathway.”

Protective Effect and Mechanism of Theanine on Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Inflammation and Acute Liver Injury in Mice. - PubMed - NCBI

LeeLemonoil

• Schnitzler P. Essential Oils for the Treatment of Herpes Simplex Virus Infections. Chemotherapy. 2019;64(1):1-7
  • Tariq S, Wani S, Rasool W, Shafi K, Bhat MA, Prabhakar A, Shalla AH, Rather MA. A comprehensive review of the antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral potential of essential oils and their chemical constituents against drug-resistant microbial pathogens. Microb Pathog. 2019 Sep;134:103580
  • Astani A, Reichling J, Schnitzler P. Comparative study on the antiviral activity of selected monoterpenes derived from essential oils. Phytother Res. 2010 May;24(5):673-9
  • Reichling J, Koch C, Stahl-Biskup E, Sojka C, Schnitzler P. Virucidal activity of a beta-triketone-rich essential oil of Leptospermum scoparium (manuka oil) against HSV-1 and HSV-2 in cell culture. Planta Med. 2005 Dec;71(12):1123-7

LeeLemonoil

Phytother Res. 2010 May;24(5):673-9. doi: 10.1002/ptr.2955.
Comparative study on the antiviral activity of selected monoterpenes derived from essential oils.
Astani A1, Reichling J, Schnitzler P.
Author information
Abstract

Essential oils are complex natural mixtures, their main constituents, e.g. terpenes and phenylpropanoids, being responsible for their biological properties. Essential oils from eucalyptus, tea tree and thyme and their major monoterpene compounds alpha-terpinene, gamma-terpinene, alpha-pinene, p-cymene, terpinen-4-ol, alpha-terpineol, thymol, citral and 1,8-cineole were examined for their antiviral activity against herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) in vitro. These essential oils were able to reduce viral infectivity by >96%, the monoterpenes inhibited HSV by about >80%. The mode of antiviral action has been determined, only moderate antiviral effects were revealed by essential oils and monoterpenes when these drugs were added to host cells prior to infection or after entry of HSV into cells. However, both essential oils and monoterpenes exhibited high anti-HSV-1 activity by direct inactivation of free virus particles. All tested drugs interacted in a dose-dependent manner with herpesvirus particles thereby inactivating viral infection. Among the analysed compounds, monoterpene hydrocarbons were slightly superior to monoterpene alcohols in their antiviral activity, alpha-pinene and alpha-terpineol revealed the highest selectivity index. However, mixtures of different monoterpenes present in natural tea tree essential oil revealed a ten-fold higher selectivity index and a lower toxicity than its isolated single monoterpenes.

Means: Diffusing Tea Tree, Fir, Spruce and Pine oil as well as lemon can destroy airborne viruses. Also, appying them on nose, mouth and ear might prevent them from entering the body.

Cinnamon and Clove oil too

catan

This is fascinating. I'm skeptical of the whole thing because of what I'd read about HIV/AIDS but never thought germ theory itself was just that... a theory.

But why is it that everyone believe this and accepted as fact and 'proven by science'?

Here is the transcript from this video about a Virologist going public that there is no such thing as pathogenic viruses (specifically measles):

My name is Stephan Lanka
yes and you are a virologist
I'm a virologist

Okay Mr Lanka what made you come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as the measles virus after all?

SL: Well mainly two things I recognized how biology works, how life forms ,what mechanisms brought us into being, what makes a disease form, how we can get back to health again and there is no room in there at all for something like a pathogenic virus. That would be the answer to your question how I came to this conclusion and why I'm positive about my findings. The second part of the answer I myself am a virologist I am discoverer of the oceans first mega virus which did not do anything bad to anyone and today we know that life emerges from precisely these structures. So naturally with this competency as virus Discoverer I reviewed contemporary medicines claims whether these pathogenic viruses exist at all and I came to the conclusion that that simply isn't so.

You recently put out the offer of 100,000 euro prize money to anyone who can prove you wrong why this competition ?

SL: Well I want to achieve a Reformation in medicine that is long overdue everybody knows that there is something fishy about the SARS epidemic the bird flu the swine flu that there's something wrong about it and well I'm simply the first to have the courage to go public with this Martin Chavez can you like a hint now I do have enough people behind me who support me this also includes a Nobel Prize winner of course but somebody simply has to start talking about it it's kind of like when humanity discovers that the earth is round that it spins and so on and we have to think about pathogenic viruses in a similar manner. We need a Reformation in medicine the costs are not payable any more at the same time people are growing sicker the Dutch are showing us right now how it could be done they recognized something. There the people are healthier grow older and at the same time the Dutch managed to reduce the expenses for the healthcare system drastically we have to do the same thing only more consequential which means we have to start working on something central and that is the question of vaccines in general.

We were talking about this earlier if there's no such thing as the measles virus how do you explain the symptoms that are normally cited in reference to the measles?

SL: Well the same way one would have explained it in the past before the idea of a measles virus came into being. The same way other medicinal cultures such as the Chinese or the ancient Indian Ayurveda medicine tradition have explained it where there is no material contagion but the skin is poisoned from the outside through crude oil products the toxins that are in them as well as the poisoning of our skin from the inside so this is the reason why people visit the sauna so all that stuff can come out. If the kidneys cannot get rid of these toxins if the urine is white and substances like urea uric acid and creatinine and then stay inside the body all that stuff will work itself to the outside through your skin. The skin nurtures us the skin detoxifies us and once that mechanism is compromised we will get the inflammation of our skin which is then usually referenced as measles.

SL: There's also a third thing that I have reviewed and determined to be scientifically exact and correct and that is that psychosomatic effects can come into play when one is separated through violence from something or somebody. In that case we literally get thin skin which one can also feel and when the trauma has been processed the skin will repair itself again, this process is precisely the one we usually call measles.

How do you explain the danger of contagion?

SL: Well I think that's pretty clear the question of contagion if I drink the same water if I eat the same toxins if I wrap the same toxins onto my skin if the same toxins are working their way out of my body I will show the same symptoms at the same time or shortly thereafter. Also the fact that is very well known why do measles in school generally popup in merely one classroom at a time? If you look at it you will find that in most cases a deeply loved teacher has just left the class in question a teacher that might have been some kind of substitute for the kids mothers and they had a really strong bond to her and then the strong contact suddenly breaks off well once a new teacher comes in she forms when you bond with the kids and they trust her the skin will repair itself and we will see the measles emerge.

Well there is one young physician from Hamburg who purports that he has proven the existence of the measles virus after all and is now demanding you pay him the 100 thousand euro price, why do you not recognize his proof as such, what is the problem there?

SL: Well the term evidence is defined in Germany and only in Germany. This is the reason I opened this contest under German law because nowhere else in the world is science defined. Neither is scientific fraud part of the usual statutes of criminal law and this is basically the reason they can say and do whatever they want. I just want to remind you of the sad case of Mr. Herman which anybody can research for himself who has outright fabricated nearly all of his publications pertaining to high dose of chemotherapy in women with breast cancer, yet this man enjoys a high reputation today but nothing really happens. However out of the tradition of legal positivism in Germany beginning with Immanuel Kant and so forth, legal positivists have quietly created a law that is part of public health specifically the German infection protection law. So when these questions are decided our laws of Constitution the basic law for the Federal Republic of Germany and specifically the infection protection law apply. The competition is adhering to the exact requirements of the infection protection law and has informed Mr. Barnes of this in writing as well when he claimed to have contrary evidence. Unfortunately he suppresses this information in public and once the civil law process is over we will ask a court to determine legally what exactly this Mr. Barnes has done here. It could simply be that this young physician who by the way does not have a PhD has never worked in the laboratory and has never published any scientific work is emotionally and intellectually stuck on this matter and so he revolts. I have to insinuate that he takes this topic very seriously and in earnest but so do I. However I do expect a certain level of discernment contemplation and tranquility of a young adult specifically a physician moreover I do expect that he does not take his use into the public prematurely I don't like that at all. The court should make their decision without pressure so that they can weigh facts and law against each other the way it should be.

But what information did he submit specifically that you do not recognize as evidence?

SL: He has sent me publications that firstly anyone who is capable of the English language can verify because they are all published in English. And you will find that there is no evidence in there for the existence of a virus, for the isolation of a virus, nor for the characterization of the actual elements of a virus. This can be confirmed by any non-professional in a matter of hours who will take the time to read the publications. Furthermore and this is another reason these publications did not originate within the German domain of law nor do they come from the Robert Koch Institute itself which was cited as the central source including the contact person there in charge of measles. So it would actually have to be published by that Institute because in Germany all matters of infection are subject to our legislation laws and constitution ie the right of physical integrity. And I have told the gentleman the same but it's being ignored and it will also be ignored in public until tomorrow at about 1 p.m. then the world will look very different again.

So what do you expect to happen tomorrow in court, are you really sure you won't have to pay the 100,000 euro to this man ?

SL: Well of course! I want to achieve a reformation in medicine to question whether I am sure has to be answered with yes I am positive. As a virus discoverer as scientist that our common explanations for health and sickness this old neo-darwinian model of war and conflict and suppression contagion viruses and so forth, there is no room in there for it it's a medicine of yesterday and I represent the medicine of today and tomorrow. So yes I am absolutely positive.

Ok so you are not against the designation measles you are against the claim that it is caused through a virus.

SL: Exactly

Because the sickness that emerges seems to be really real obviously

SL: Yes your question about the pathology of measles about the designation is very correct it is one of the diseases that has been very accurately defined in the medical sense very exact it's maculopapular inflammation. However viruses are always cited as the exclusive single cause of it but scientifically speaking that was not true in the past nor today. By now it has also been positively refuted because the models that we have today there is no room in there for war and attack all of that stems from historically antiquated thinking and there is no such thing in reality. Your question was correct and helping to clarify what measles are thank you very much yes of course measles exist as a sickness and if it affects the whole body it can become too much for the organism so that one is obligated to be treated all of that is correct. Thank you again for this clarification because sometimes people claim that I would deny the symptoms or even the very existence of the disease.

okay you're not doing that?

SL: I'm not doing that you understood me very correctly.

Right so treating measles with antibiotics is not really your issue then or is it how do you think measles should be treated?

SL: well no, measles should generally not be treated with antibiotics only many physicians do not know that and do it anyway. Officially it is a viral disease, but those physicians who did not pay any attention or all the physicians will simply treat it with antibiotics which is even wrong according to our contemporary school medicine model and does not make any sense. And how should it be treated well you have to look for the causes the question cannot be answered in general, any human will have individual causes is it a poisoning from the outside, from the inside, in what condition are the kidneys? this is always the most important thing to look for and just like within Chinese medicine how are the kidneys doing because they tend to enlarge small symptoms tenfold and what are the psychosomatic effects that contributed. All of this has to be looked at and you will find the cause and hence the perfect therapy and treatment.

(Lanka won the court case on appeal)

Here is his paper called "Dismantling the Virus Theory"

Kunstruct

If there is no measles virus how do people just by being in contact with each other develop the same symptoms?
Also why if measles was once in your body you never ever get it again even if you are around people that have meals at that point.

InChristAlone

This is fascinating. I'm skeptical of the whole thing because of what I'd read about HIV/AIDS but never thought germ theory itself was just that... a theory.

But why is it that everyone believe this and accepted as fact and 'proven by science'?
Do some more reading on Bechamp. It is the terrain! Many thing get pushed as the main theory, same way people were called quacks when they thought the earth was a globe, or get this the guy who said washing your hands before surgeries would save lives was put in jail!!! Science is not fact. We are always learning and expanding on theories.

If there is no measles virus how do people just by being in contact with each other develop the same symptoms?
Also why if measles was once in your body you never ever get it again even if you are around people that have meals at that point.
Just because someone has the measles or the chicken pox doesn't necessarily mean you will get it. Me and my siblings all had the chicken pox at the same time, my Mom never got it. Not even as a child. Same with Polio, just because you were around someone with polio didn't mean you'd be paralyzed. It was a poisoning of lead arsenate and DDT which occurred at it's peak in August during annual spraying of crops. If you read the whole transcript he talks about how measles occurred in clusters, one room in a school would get it. That makes you question the contagion theory because if one classroom gets it and not the others what was happening in that one classroom that didn't happen in the others, he says likely they lost their favorite teacher or were under some kind of stress that the other classrooms weren't. A whole ship of marines got the mumps, they were completely vaccinated for it. Germ theory can't explain this. It's an anomaly, like a glitch in the matrix.

There is a strong psychosomatic component to colds too, I am testing the theory this season and so far so good! if I'm around someone coughing I immediately get afraid of germs and then wonder if I'm going to get it, well I'm changing my mindset. And so far have not been sick this year. Flip the script in my brain, just because someone coughs on me doesn't mean I have to get it too. Or just because someone vomits on me doesn't mean I have to get it too. And maybe some placebo effect with using high dose ascorbic acid, it has worked in the past so when I use it I believe I will be healthy. If these viruses were so contagious healthcare workers would be absent ALL WINTER. They don't, they are exposed all winter and still we have plenty of doctors and nurses in the ER helping people. I have known some nurses who say they have never had the flu. We need to question viruses. It is imperative we question viruses. Laws and quarantines are coming into place. Soon you won't be able to get on airplane without proving you had the yearly flu shot and things like that. People are so afraid, they will be okay with giving up their liberties.

Last edited:

Peater Piper

There's good explanations for why some people tend to not catch viruses, and I wouldn't call it psychosomatic. The virus needs a foothold into the body/cells. Deny it that foothold, and exposure won't matter. Once it does take hold, then it comes down to the person's overall health and immune system to fight it off.

InChristAlone

There's good explanations for why some people tend to not catch viruses, and I wouldn't call it psychosomatic. The virus needs a foothold into the body/cells. Deny it that foothold, and exposure won't matter. Once it does take hold, then it comes down to the person's overall health and immune system to fight it off.
You can deny psychosomatic illness, but placebo effect is real which is all in the mind. One of my kids had a sniffly nose and I was saying looks like you are coming down with a cold, and my other son who blames everyone else except himself for stuff thought oh great I'm going to get it too thanks a lot! And then he ended up getting it! The other son's sniffly nose was gone in a day. So I wouldn't even call that viral.

When you say foothold, what factors would you say prevents that foothold?

InChristAlone

If anyone is curious to go beyond germ theory, German New Medicine explains disease very well. Here is an introductory course: