Corn And Potato Eating Centenarians

Corn is really problematic for me. I don't think it has gluten. It makes me bleed in my rear end.

In Italy I found the wheat wasn't bothering me as it does in the USA.

I've made homemade sourdough bread for a long time. It's okay but it is very fattening. Something isnt right about it. It's handy to eat occasionally to maintain the ability to do so as it's tasty.

amethyst

"Common wheat harvest protocol in the United States is to drench the wheat fields with Roundup several days before the combine harvesters work through the fields as the practice allows for an earlier, easier and bigger harvest "

" Roundup significantly disrupts the functioning of beneficial bacteria in the gut and contributes to permeability of the intestinal wall and consequent expression of autoimmune disease symptoms"

So this is one of the major reasons WHY so many people are getting SIBO today. So if people are not eating wheat products so much and/or choosing to eat more organic produce rather than the usual grocery store bought produce which is sprayed with Roundup, then they are not as apt to get SIBO.

But I found a solution if one does have SIBO.I've posted this on several threads on the forum. Organic Sulfur Crystals. I've used it. It definitely helps..

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Snopes.

:nonono

amethyst

Corn is really problematic for me. I don't think it has gluten. It makes me bleed in my rear end.

In Italy I found the wheat wasn't bothering me as it does in the USA.

I've made homemade sourdough bread for a long time. It's okay but it is very fattening. Something isnt right about it. It's handy to eat occasionally to maintain the ability to do so as it's tasty.
Corn is one of the most heavily GMO'd grains and is also heavily sprayed with Roundup. Perhaps in Italy, they don't use as much Roundup for certain crops such as wheat. Who knows? They probably wouldn't tell us anyway.

john3333

Corn and potatoes are indeed the cause of their increased lifespan. I've already posted about my own theory of the causes of aging on another forum: Feeling tired

Drareg

So wheat is ok because 40 years ago it was ok?

Thought you meant olive oil,no wheat for me anymore even in sourdough bread which is hugely overrated IMO,allowing it to ferment with dried Yeast for a few days more will probably give a similar effect.

tara

One factor in longevity of people growing their own food is that the specific long-lived exemplars might have teh good luck to live on a bit of soil that is particularly mineral rich. Minerals like calcium etc can vary quite a lot from place to place. So it might not be potatoes and corn or whatever in general that were beneficial, but their own particularly nourishing (high-brix?) potatoes, corn and accompanying local herbs etc.
For instance, there was a study showing that a particular valley in China was home to longevity not shared by the neighbouring valley with similar food customs. Just happened that their stream carried a lot more calcium than their neighbours'.

Also @tara has an awesome recipe for homemade - seems easy.
Credit to SuQ: Easy No Knead Bread Recipe

Just to get some facts straight, roundup is not used on wheat. It is primarily used on GMO crops, and commercial wheat is not GMO. Canola, corn, and soy are the primary gmo crops grown today.
I know there are some GMO crops that rely very heavily on glyphosate, but AIUI, glyphosate was widely used round many crops for a long time before GMO crops were widespread.

Corn is really problematic for me. I don't think it has gluten.
There's a guy (vet?) promoting a 'GARD' diet for various health complaints - Glutamate Aspartate Restriction Diet. He specific suggests avoiding wheat and gluten, corn, soy, and dairy.

kaybb

I just listened to a radio show where Ray Peat said sprouted seeds were ok. Also he mentioned using sour dough for bread. On other occasions he talks about corn being ok when prepared or processed properly.

Ella

Forum Supporter
On other occasions he talks about corn being ok when prepared or processed properly.

Yes when you properly prepare corn in lime water (nixtamalising) niacin is released and calcium is increased from the calcium hydroxide. Other benefits; phytates are removed and mycotoxins - yeah. This leaves glyphosate. I have avoided corn for over ten years but I am now growing it and it is back on the menu for the family after treating it as a useless toxic grain. It is high in omega 6 so not going to go overboard. However, the blue variety is higher in selenium.

If glyphosate is responsible for SIBO and other gut problems, then it is not only the wheat, it is all grains even the gluten-free ones and also vegetables because it is used as a weedicide everywhere. I know a grain farmer who is using the Roundup on his wheat. He lost his 30 year old daughter from the flu. She was taken to hospital and died. Parents have been left in shock. All the farmers that use it are sick. I was recently informed that their houses are covered with insects. Their windows are covered with them. I tried to convince this farmer to swap over to organic grains. We have a shortage and he would make much more money. Organic grains for chook food is horribly expensive, we need more organic growers. It is hard to swap over and too late for his daughter. The soil in his area has always been richly fertile and now ruined from all the chemical inputs. The problem is not only Roundup, we are bathing in a sea of toxic estrogenic chemicals. Every year the number of chemicals increase greatly. I have clients that have their houses sprayed with pyrethium. Imagine this stuff is in the carpets and furnishings where babies and children crawl, play and sleep. It just blows my mind trying to fathom why people think this stuff is safe. These are educated people but clueless of the toxins poisoning their loved ones. I live in the bush and have countless creepy crawlies. I have never been attacked by a spider or a cockroach. My frogs keep the mosquito down. My property is the only property that has loads of frogs that sing me to sleep - so I know my land is safe. My greenie neighour complained about the singing frogs because they kept him awake. It seems these nature lovers are only passionate about wildlife if it doesn't disturb their peace and quiet. The frogs mating disturbed him that much that he was forced to move the city. Every year, we have swarms of the young flying female termites leaving their nests and my house is still standing with no sign of termite damage. By law we are required to termite treat but have managed to find ways around it.

Gluten is problematic and just like the corn and the pellagra epidemic of days gone by, gluten needs to be properly prepared to render it harmless for consumption. Long fermentation leaves hardly any gluten in the dough. Many of us lack sufficient digestive enzymes and juices due to many factors that our digestive power is greatly reduced. The problem is wheat makes up a huge component in our food supply due to eating processed foods.

I think the issue of iron-fortified flours and food products is an interesting and no-one is talking about it. I don't have celiac's but know I have to be particular about bread and wheat products. Yet I can make home-made pizza and pasta and don't have any issues. I am particular about my flour and I use my own starter culture which I feed potato instead of using yeast for pizza. It is so delicious and I could eat heaps. Yet, I don't know what it is in the bread that does not make me feel good. There is just too much that you could lay blame on. I will only eat sourdough made with unbleached organic flour, sea salt, starter culture and water. Just plain white, no wholemeal and definitely no seeds!

I just can't comprehend why they have stuff so much crap into a loaf of bread unless they want us all sick or there is some sort of incestuous relationship with the ingredient giants like Dupont and food manufacturers. Just knowing that Dupont supplies patented food ingredients and additives is enough to make me sick in the gut.

zztr

What happens to glyphosate when cooked? I suspect it gets broken down pretty well when, say, pressure cooked for half an hour, but I can't find straightforward data on the chemistry.

J

James IV

Being tiny and sparsely muscled helps you live longer on less food, particularly protein and fat.

EIRE24

Being tiny and sparsely muscled helps you live longer on less food, particularly protein and fat.
Vegan high carb eaters are of this build. Are you saying it's better to try build muscle and eat more protein and fat?

Stramonium

I find that eating Ray Peat style while regularly eating starches is fattening (high insulin response, maybe?), also my acne only got better until I cut off my daily potato intake, I think it's mostly gut related.

lvysaur

also my acne only got better until I cut off my daily potato intake, I think it's mostly gut related.

it got better until you stopped potatoes? or it got better when you stopped potatoes?

Stramonium

it got better until you stopped potatoes? or it got better when you stopped potatoes?

My face gets much less inflamed when I avoid all kind of starches. I was using potatoes as an additional carb and protein intake but it seems it was making my digestion sluggish causing inflammation. Somewhere, I think it was the generative energy podcast, they were saying gums inflammation are closely related to gut inflammation perhaps its also affects the skin.

J

James IV

Vegan high carb eaters are of this build. Are you saying it's better to try build muscle and eat more protein and fat?

eating more protein will make you
more muscular without exercising. Assuming it builds other less visible connective tissue as well. I see these as positive things.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals