Corn And Potato Eating Centenarians

Drareg

Birth certificates didn't come about until around 1949 in these regions,note the use of the word "CLAIMS" throughout, these stories serve there purpose as entertainment,views for the outlet and propaganda for vegans.
The record keeping for these longevity claims is terrible.

Great to see she was a fan of chairman Maoi who is responsible for millions of deaths through starvation,forced labour and executions,could be the high gluten diet increasing serotonin skewing her perceptions.

Ideonaut

Yeah it sucks what they've done to our food supply. But ya just try to do the best you can and not worry about the rest.

Yes, it sucks what the capitalist pigs have done to our food supply and our health conditions, in violation of Kant's categorical imperative, "Always act so as to treat people as ends rather than as means." ("Always" might be going too far, but "in general" seems correct.) What a criminal abomination Monsanto is!

Peater Piper

A high quality sourdough is not just a source of sugar but it's also a source of high quality protein.
You left out that it's also delicious. :D I like a slice with your nemesis butter on it, but honey or homemade jelly are wonderful as well.

I also see people talk about how grains are worthless nutritionally. I checked out whole wheat flour on cronometer, it's loaded with nutrition! Obviously a lot of that is lost if it's been refined, or if the antinutrients aren't taken care of with some sprouting or fermenting. Unfortunately I don't have access to any really good sourdough or I'd be eating it a lot more often.

Regina

I do. The whole gluten free thing is a scam, mostly. Celiac disease is extremely rare. If so many people were truly celiac, you'd see people dying from malnutrition from a destroyed gut lining. Outside of true celiacs, the only other problem with gluten is being HLA-DQ, HLA-DQ2 positive. People who are hypothyroid/Hashimoto's, are usually HLA-DQ positive. There are tests to confirm it. So outside of being celiac and being HLA-DQ positive, gluten isn't the problem. It's all the other junk that people eat. A high quality sourdough is not just a source of sugar but it's also a source of high quality protein. There's a difference between eating low quality junk gluten in the average pizza dough vs. high quality properly prepared dough.

Ah, I am HLA-DQ positive as per 23andMe (prometheus). I was "born again" when I stopped gluten.

amethyst

Yes, it sucks what the capitalist pigs have done to our food supply and our health conditions, in violation of Kant's categorical imperative, "Always act so as to treat people as ends rather than as means." ("Always" might be going too far, but "in general" seems correct.) What a criminal abomination Monsanto is!
Couldn't agree more!

zztr

As best I can tell an important aspect of reaching centenarian status is to be horrifically boring and unaccomplished. I'm not aware of any exceptions.

Dying at 80 is fine. That's a perfectly full human life. Who cares what might make you live to 115. The point is to have a good run for at least 70 years. These super old people are basically in the process of dying for almost 20 years, and not really living. Not a selling point.

People poo-poo the overly simplistic "rate of living" model around here. But there does seem to be some trade off on longevity as far as doing anything interesting, which necessarily involves a lot of "stress."

I have seen mention of the theory that the very healthy animals tend to drop dead pretty quickly when something goes wrong. It's the weak ones that hang on for years in a sick and diminished state.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

A village in China that has become a tourist destination to see centenarians.

View attachment 4215
Fantastic video; thanks Westside.

A few things that stood out to me:

• "Vegetables cooked in hemp seed oil" (one of the most polyunsaturated oils).
  • Dogmatism toward chairman Mao.
  • "Discrete sex is the key to a long life."

Electric Slim

I guess simplicity and the lack of stress stemming from a lack of choice could also be a factor here. These people have no political worries (i.e. a trust in the benevolence of their government) and have not been overburdened by stressful choices in terms of diet or lifestyle. Humans need very little to be happy, and it is not surprising that a physically-active, purposeful, socially-engaged life should be conducive to long life and happiness. Similarly, a cheap and simple diet of starches and vegetables provides consistency and security, allowing people to focus on enjoying the progression of life, confident that their community is robust enough to survive long into the future, after they're gone.

raypeatclips

People are getting confused between "low stress" and "boring." Peat has said that boredom itself is a stressor, and I agree with that, so I don't think you can be both bored and low stress at the same time.

@zztr When you talk about people being unaccomplished, what do you mean? That they haven't earned a million dollars, that they don't have a huge company? If a persons goal is to get out of bed every day and go for a walk, and they less accomplished than someone climbing the job ladder, working 12 hour days every day in a stressful environment and hating every minute of it? One of the men in the video posted said he was living a good life, that is how he feels.

I think it was Gilbert Ling said he was thankful to wake up and have a roof above his head. This is a brilliant mind, that has a huge reputation in the scientific world, and he wakes up feeling "accomplished" by having a roof over his head? Perhaps the issue is not with accomplishments, but the framing of accomplishments by the person, and how they react to them.

These videos really don't surprise me when they are posted, do they cause a stir?

Potatoes and rice as a continuous source of glucose throughout the day.
Vegetables to provide fibre and other vitamins/minerals that may be lacking.
Their life seems low stress.
Happy.
Woman mentions she has never had a vaccination.
The food they eat is home grown, i.e not sprayed with chemicals, probably quite low in contaminants.
One man mentions how fresh the air is, that it is good for health, less pollution than many of us.
It doesn't look like the place has much WiFi and things like that, but can't be sure.
A sense of community and family, sitting around together near the end of the video, it is always positive health-wise to have people to interact with.

I wonder about altitude of the place, as some shots show big hills and mountainous scenery, but I am struggling to find the information on Google.

Last edited:

Drareg

This area also has good sunshine.

remember their is no birth cert,these stories always attract views,human interest.
Longevity claims - Wikipedia

Jeanne Calment the French lady who lived until 122 confirmed lived a life of leisure,she never had to work because of husbands wealth. A lot is said about her diet but she said it was her calmness,interesting to note here the importance of meaning coming to the fore in psychology again,what does it all mean to you and how you change meaning can influence your health greatly. Nicotine and vitamin E were in her diet through olive oil and cigarettes,she would have been old enough to develope a palate for proper olive oil and probably didn't buy/like the cheap versions we are plowed with these days,she consumed these in moderation.
Only had 1 child which would keep the stress low,the stress of parenting is rarely spoken about publicly because of the shame associated with talking about it.
There is no mention of corn or potatoes being dominant in her diet or a love of dictators. She was not a vegan and loved the culinary masterpiece that is icecream.

I ate in the 2015 best pizza place in Italy and still felt like ****. What's up with that?

Birdie

This area also has good sunshine.

remember their is no birth cert,these stories always attract views,human interest.
Longevity claims - Wikipedia

Jeanne Calment the French lady who lived until 122 confirmed lived a life of leisure,she never had to work because of husbands wealth. A lot is said about her diet but she said it was her calmness,interesting to note here the importance of meaning coming to the fore in psychology again,what does it all mean to you and how you change meaning can influence your health greatly. Nicotine and vitamin E were in her diet through olive oil and cigarettes,she would have been old enough to develope a palate for proper olive oil and probably didn't buy/like the cheap versions we are plowed with these days,she consumed these in moderation.
Only had 1 child which would keep the stress low,the stress of parenting is rarely spoken about publicly because of the shame associated with talking about it.
There is no mention of corn or potatoes being dominant in her diet or a love of dictators. She was not a vegan and loved the culinary masterpiece that is icecream.
Yes. And I remember her saying she ate a pound of chocolate a week. Only good chocolate without the nasty additives would have been available thru most of her life. She could afford the best. Her cigarettes would have been different from the modern ones too. She rode a bicycle most of her life, giving that up in her 90s.

aliciahere

The grains we eat today are heavily refined and are genetically modified and sprayed with glycosphate (Roundup).

Just to get some facts straight, roundup is not used on wheat. It is primarily used on GMO crops, and commercial wheat is not GMO. Canola, corn, and soy are the primary gmo crops grown today.

Personally, I'm not a fan of gmo simply because of the "big company" questionably evil practices that the seed companies promote, AND the promotion of monoculture crops (only growing one thing.) monocultures deplete solid nutrients and microrisomes, without putting anything back. They are also waistlands for insects and small animals.

amethyst

Just to get some facts straight, roundup is not used on wheat. It is primarily used on GMO crops, and commercial wheat is not GMO. Canola, corn, and soy are the primary gmo crops grown today.

Personally, I'm not a fan of gmo simply because of the "big company" questionably evil practices that the seed companies promote, AND the promotion of monoculture crops (only growing one thing.) monocultures deplete solid nutrients and microrisomes, without putting anything back. They are also waistlands for insects and small animals.

Guess you didn't do some proper fact checking.

After just a very quick google search, a wheat farmer says you are completely wrong.

The Real Reason Wheat is Toxic (it's not the gluten) | The Healthy Home Economist

" I have been a wheat farmer for 50 yrs and one wheat production practice that is very common is applying the herbicide Roundup (glyposate) just prior to harvest. Roundup is licensed for preharvest weed control. Monsanto, the manufacturer of Roundup claims that application to plants at over 30% kernel moisture result in roundup uptake by the plant into the kernels. Farmers like this practice because Roundup kills the wheat plant allowing an earlier harvest.

A wheat field often ripens unevenly, thus applying Roundup preharvest evens up the greener parts of the field with the more mature. The result is on the less mature areas Roundup is translocated into the kernels and eventually harvested as such.

This practice is not licensed. Farmers mistakenly call it “desiccation.” Consumers eating products made from wheat flour are undoubtedly consuming minute amounts of Roundup. An interesting aside, malt barley which is made into beer is not acceptable in the marketplace if it has been sprayed with preharvest Roundup. Lentils and peas are not accepted in the market place if it was sprayed with preharvest roundup….. but wheat is ok.. This farming practice greatly concerns me and it should further concern consumers of wheat products."

*This is just one of many websites exposing the glyphosate (Roundup) sprayed on the wheat crops, as well as many other crops.

aliciahere

Guess you didn't do some proper fact checking.

After just a very quick google search, a wheat farmer says you are completely wrong.

The Real Reason Wheat is Toxic (it's not the gluten) | The Healthy Home Economist

" I have been a wheat farmer for 50 yrs and one wheat production practice that is very common is applying the herbicide Roundup (glyposate) just prior to harvest. Roundup is licensed for preharvest weed control. Monsanto, the manufacturer of Roundup claims that application to plants at over 30% kernel moisture result in roundup uptake by the plant into the kernels. Farmers like this practice because Roundup kills the wheat plant allowing an earlier harvest.

A wheat field often ripens unevenly, thus applying Roundup preharvest evens up the greener parts of the field with the more mature. The result is on the less mature areas Roundup is translocated into the kernels and eventually harvested as such.

This practice is not licensed. Farmers mistakenly call it “desiccation.” Consumers eating products made from wheat flour are undoubtedly consuming minute amounts of Roundup. An interesting aside, malt barley which is made into beer is not acceptable in the marketplace if it has been sprayed with preharvest Roundup. Lentils and peas are not accepted in the market place if it was sprayed with preharvest roundup….. but wheat is ok.. This farming practice greatly concerns me and it should further concern consumers of wheat products."

*This is just one of many websites exposing the glyphosate (Roundup) sprayed on the wheat crops, as well as many other crops.

I would recommend checking your sources before posting. Quick google searches might be quick for a reason. Here is the snopes article:

The Real Reason Wheat is Toxic

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals