Copper Deficiency Can Decrease DHEA Levels By Up To 50%!

SamuraiJack

Thanks. The more I research copper the more fascinating I find it. So vital and under appreciated.

David90

Good Video, Thanks.

I Noticed also, that if i eat Bigger Amounts of Copper with One Meal (for Example Beef Liver), My Body (and especially my Extremities) starts Heating Up and stays Warm for a while.

Mauritio

Good Video, Thanks.

I Noticed also, that if i eat Bigger Amounts of Copper with One Meal (for Example Beef Liver), My Body (and especially my Extremities) starts Heating Up and stays Warm for a while.
Do you supplement with copper ? If so which do you use?

David90

Do you supplement with copper ? If so which do you use?
I Don't supplement with Copper. Only getting it via (Organ-)Meat in General. I switch from Phases of eating Liver every 14 Days, to eating it every Day.

I have experimented with eating small Amounts of Liver everyday (Around 100-150 Grams) for two Weeks straight before a Major Hormonal Blood Test, so i can attest the Warming Effect for Sure.....

Hans

Forum Supporter
I Don't supplement with Copper. Only getting it via (Organ-)Meat in General. I switch from Phases of eating Liver every 14 Days, to eating it every Day.

I have experimented with eating small Amounts of Liver everyday (Around 100-150 Grams) for two Weeks straight before a Major Hormonal Blood Test, so i can attest the Warming Effect for Sure.....
Did the frequent liver consumption lead to high DHEA and T? Perhaps other interesting hormonal effects you've also noticed?

David90

Did the frequent liver consumption lead to high DHEA and T? Perhaps other interesting hormonal effects you've also noticed?
Higher T for Sure. It was 808ng/dl ''Total Testosteron'' at the Time of the Test, which (i think) is good. I have not tested DHEA, so i can't say that. But i think it could be also raised.

David90

one of the best ways to to get copper is to eat some liver.
Totally Agree. If someone has Access to Frequent Liver, then eating 100g every Day would be good. If not, buying a Big Package (like 1KG) and putting it in chunks in the Freezer would be a good Option.

Cloudhands

Totally Agree. If someone has Access to Frequent Liver, then eating 100g every Day would be good. If not, buying a Big Package (like 1KG) and putting it in chunks in the Freezer would be a good Option.
Higher T for Sure. It was 808ng/dl ''Total Testosteron'' at the Time of the Test, which (i think) is good. I have not tested DHEA, so i can't say that. But i think it could be also raised.
Yall arent worried about copper toxicity and zinc needs?

David90

Yall arent worried about copper toxicity and zinc needs?
Rather more about Iron Toxicity.

Copper is needed for such much Functions in the Body. Look Up ''Morley Robbins'' (Podcasts with him as guest, would be a good Starting Point).
He is quite Knowledgeable on Magnesium and Copper and is a heavy advocate of these two.

redsun

Copper is needed for such much Functions in the Body. Look Up ''Morley Robbins'' (Podcasts with him as guest, would be a good Starting Point).
He is quite Knowledgeable on Magnesium and Copper and is a heavy advocate of these two.

Just like iron, copper in excess will increase oxidative stress. You need some copper and true some can be low in it hence this informative video by @Lokzo, but in the long term to consume large amounts of liver is not a good idea.

Iron is also necessary to protect against oxidative damage. Copper along with zinc produce damaging hydrogen peroxide while iron via catalase enzyme turns it into harmless water. If you want to grey early in life and increase oxidative stress, consume insane amounts of copper and avoid iron causing excess SOD and low catalase.

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter

True. Excess iron could cause low copper and low iron could often be remedied with copper.

Mauritio

Interesting I have found that from 2mg of copper gluconate my hair seems to stop falling out and always looks a lot softer for some reason.
My varicose vein also seems to be better .

David90

True. Excess iron could cause low copper and low iron could often be remedied with copper.
Right. It is true, that Copper could also be too much. But i think, this could rather happen from Higher Amonuts Every Day (like 200g of Liver or upwards). Copper is underrated in Terms of Bodily Functions. It also keeps me mostly Warm for Hours after eating Liver or a ''High Copper'' Food (like Dark Chocolate....around 40-50g) in General.

Cloudhands

Right. When thinking about eating lots fructose, lots of coffee, lots of vitamin c, lots of calcium and decent zinc from oysters and red meat, our copper requirements could go way up.