******* copper and ceruloplasmin low!!

Motif

My bloodtest results are in.

zinc is good, what really wonders me. I took supplements though over the last weeks, but I was eating liver too weekly and was drinking lots of cacao etc, but copper is still low.

I don’t know what to do now.
Before that my zinc was always low too.

Vitamin A is in mid range.

I really need to fix this. I’m sure this is my culprit.

@redsun

@Daniil

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

My bloodtest results are in.

zinc is good, what really wonders me. I took supplements though over the last weeks, but I was eating liver too weekly and was drinking lots of cacao etc, but copper is still low.

I don’t know what to do now.
Before that my zinc was always low too.

Vitamin A is in mid range.

I really need to fix this. I’m sure this is my culprit.

@redsun
Hi motif,do you eat gelatin?

Nomane Euger

Hi. No, I don’t
I had lo ceruloplasmin low hemoglobin,low transferin saturation,when I added gelatin and some yelllow kiwi they all Went up,don’t know Wich one of those it is but I was already eating grass fed grass finished lamb liver/heart/kidneys/ground beef/lamb/honey/suet, Wich contain some glycine and vitamine C,it didn’t climb up until I ate gelatin/fruits.

OP
M

Motif

I had lo ceruloplasmin low hemoglobin,low transferin saturation,when I added gelatin and some yelllow kiwi they all Went up,don’t know Wich one of those it is but I was already eating grass fed grass finished lamb liver/heart/kidneys/ground beef/lamb/honey/suet, Wich contain some glycine and vitamine C,it didn’t climb up until I ate gelatin/fruits.
And you really tried before to get it up with no success? How much did you take and how long did it take after you started ? Any symptoms improved?

Nomane Euger

And you really tried before to get it up with no success? How much did you take and how long did it take after you started ? Any symptoms improved?
Yes as I wanted to donate blood and my hemoglobin was low and my ferritin was slowly climbing,all those other markers that I listed in my précédent comment were low for at least 4 months,and I failed to donate blood 3 times at least,I tryed beef/lamb,more liver less liver,more muscle meat less,more mineral water less,more honey less. And by surprise when I retested it last November and I introduced gelatin/kiwi/tocovit(I just remembered tocovit in the Same timeframe)just a few days before the blood test,all those markers went up

OP
M

Motif

Yes as I wanted to donate blood and my hemoglobin was low and my ferritin was slowly climbing,all those other markers that I listed in my précédent comment were low for at least 4 months,and I failed to donate blood 3 times at least,I tryed beef/lamb,more liver less liver,more muscle meat less,more mineral water less,more honey less. And by surprise when I retested it last November and I introduced gelatin/kiwi/tocovit(I just remembered tocovit in the Same timeframe)just a few days before the blood test,all those markers went up

interesting. Did you take that stuff everyday? How long before the last test did you start them?

Nomane Euger

interesting. Did you take that stuff everyday? How long before the last test did you start them?
I took all those 3 sporadically but still a couples of times in a short timeframe.i started Less than 2 weeks,and probably less than a week before the test.from mid August to November I also started to expose myself to sunrise and sunset very meticulously,when the red spectrum of light is very noticeable,and If i couldn’t du to buildings hiding the sun i would sit in my bedroom with only a red light bulb from blublox on for 10 minutes.I don’t know if it had any impact but I seen some stuffs about redlight and copper utilisation

Last edited:

Dave Clark

According to Morley Robbins, oral vitamin D and lack of retinol will cause low ceruloplasmin and copper issues. Not sure about the science and all that, but, if you are not replete in vitamin A, and you are taking vitamin d supplements, maybe that is the cause of the low levels. If you are using oral D, try stopping that, and make sure you are getting enough A, and see if it makes a difference.

OP
M

Motif

I took all those 3 sporadically but still a couples of times in a short timeframe.i started Less than 2 weeks,and probably less than a week before the test.from mid August to November I also started to expose myself to sunrise and sunset very meticulously,when the red spectrum of light is very noticeable,and If i couldn’t du to buildings hiding the sun i would sit in my bedroom with only a red light bulb from blublox on for 10 minutes.I don’t know if it had any impact but I seen some stuffs about redlight and copper utilisation
I never heard about that connection.

OP
M

Motif

Btw. Three years ago I took 8 mg of copper daily and copper and ceruloplasmin were still low and didn’t change after two months or so of supplementing

OP
M

Motif

Any ideas to this? One day without taking zinc (which I only started about ten days ago or so) and my scalp itching gets much worse.
Zinc and copper are somehow impossible to balance for me. And even when I supplement zinc I’m deficient again when I stop only two days

Nomane Euger

Any ideas to this? One day without taking zinc (which I only started about ten days ago or so) and my scalp itching gets much worse.
Zinc and copper are somehow impossible to balance for me. And even when I supplement zinc I’m deficient again when I stop only two days
Hi motif,have you consider than perhaps your itching is a normal reaction to something you are expose to and not an overreaction?what happens after 2 days when you stop zinc?did you try to eat more zinc containing food and you got the same reaction?

Last edited:
OP
M

Motif

Hi motif,have you consider than perhaps your itching is a normal reaction to something you are expose to and not an overreaction?what happens after 2 days when you stop zinc?did you try to eat more zinc containing food and you got the same reaction?
Hi!

im sure it’s a mineral thing. Maybe all minerals are affected by this (whatever this is. Maybe really a lack of stomach acid. I don’t have any other idea. )

Eating zinc rich helps too, but I need to eat a lot of zinc.

OP
M

Motif

The problem is that I think I’m throwing copper off with zinc supplements, but I need zinc too.

i was not taking zinc and was eating all that copper rich stuff, but after that I had crazy symptoms too. I absolutely have no idea what to do.

today I was eating mushrooms, took chlorophyll copper complex and too 2 mg copper Gluconate.
My scalp right now feels like it can breathe again, but this can be over again in a few hours.
the same feeling i get from taking zinc often too, too til it doesn’t work right anymore. I can’t find a balance and copper like I said doesn’t go up in blood tests.

Im taking hcl betaine now to every meal. We’ll see if it makes a difference. If not I’m absolutely lost.

Vinero

The problem is that I think I’m throwing copper off with zinc supplements, but I need zinc too.

i was not taking zinc and was eating all that copper rich stuff, but after that I had crazy symptoms too. I absolutely have no idea what to do.

today I was eating mushrooms, took chlorophyll copper complex and too 2 mg copper Gluconate.
My scalp right now feels like it can breathe again, but this can be over again in a few hours.
the same feeling i get from taking zinc often too, too til it doesn’t work right anymore. I can’t find a balance and copper like I said doesn’t go up in blood tests.

Im taking hcl betaine now to every meal. We’ll see if it makes a difference. If not I’m absolutely lost.
Why don't you just stop supplements? Zinc and copper are very complex. I don't understand it either. Supplementing is risky. Why not get zinc and copper from food, that's safer.
Just follow your cravings. If your body needs zinc you will crave meat especially red meat.
If your body needs copper you will crave mushrooms, chocolate, shellfish, liver, nuts, seeds, whole grains.

OP
M

Motif

Why don't you just stop supplements? Zinc and copper are very complex. I don't understand it either. Supplementing is risky. Why not get zinc and copper from food, that's safer.
Just follow your cravings. If your body needs zinc you will crave meat especially red meat.
If your body needs copper you will crave mushrooms, chocolate, shellfish, liver, nuts, seeds, whole grains.

The craving thing never worked for this. I have this for over ten years now.
when I just eat some liver and red meat here and there it won’t do nothing unfortunately.

like I Said before - even liver twice a week and mushrooms a few times the week and cacao everyday did nothing to my low copper levels. Absolutely nothing

i still hope hcl betaine changes this and low stomach acid is causing all this for me. But i don’t know man...

Last edited:

Vinero

The craving thing never worked for this. I have this for over ten years now.
when I just eat some liver and red meat here and there it won’t do nothing unfortunately.

like I Said before - even liver twice a week and mushrooms a few times the week and cacao everyday did nothing to my low copper levels. Absolutely nothing

i still hope hcl betaine changes this and low stomach acid is causing all this for me. But i don’t know man...
Well, I wouldn't pay too much attention too what your copper number in your blood is. Maybe your body likes to have copper low in the blood for whatever reason. Maybe your copper levels inside the cell is actually high. Who knows. I would rather go by how you feel. How do you feel after eating copper rich foods? Does your skin improve or gets worse? How is your libido etc.
Just eat whatever makes you feel best.