Copper Acetylsalicylate

Anyone ever use Copper Acetylsalicylate? It supposedly is better for joint pain / healing joint damage than plain aspirin. It unfortunately does not look easy to acquire, I’m not sure why that is, there are recipes to make it - maybe I will do that some day. It is said to function in the body as an SOD mimetic.

OP
Captain_Coconut
Well, I went ahead and started to make some. It should be done in about 24 hours. :D
I think it may end up with some other trace complexes of sodium and acetyl and carbonate, I plan to keep in the refrigerator to take over the next few weeks.

By the way, I found out why you do not see this stuff anywhere. Taken from: "Dr. Atkins' Vita-Nutrient Solution: Nature's Answer to Drugs" "These copper compounds have never had the sponsorship to undergo FDA testing; therefore, for all practical purposes, the do not exist."

Here is what I did:

Basic electrolysis setup: 2 cups distilled water, with 3 grams of copper wire on anode, large graphite cathode (from oversized pencil), connected to 9 Volt, 1.5 Amp power supply.

I then added the following to the water:

• 30 grams of pure aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid).
  • 20 grams of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate).

IMG_8328.JPG

Last edited:
OP
Captain_Coconut
whats the graphite for?

If you were to use copper on the cathode as well, the reaction can end up making a lot of copper oxide, not sure why but that is what happened when I tried that.

michael94

thx
if it is successful maybe you can go more into the chemistry of this set up, even if it seems basic/simple for you

ddjd

Have you looked into mitosynergy copper. Apparantly its the only bio available forcop

OP
Captain_Coconut
Have you looked into mitosynergy copper. Apparantly its the only bio available forcop
No, I haven't looked in to it. But I had just ordered some copper sebacate, which is supposed to be good. Ordered just before I learned about making copper salicylate at home, hah. I am not certain if copper salicylate works as a vitamin, not sure if it actually increases copper status, or if it basically passes through system as a kind of temporary sod...

Last edited:
OP
Captain_Coconut
thx
if it is successful maybe you can go more into the chemistry of this set up, even if it seems basic/simple for you

It was successful! I took equiv of 20 mg copper last night, I slept better than usual, and woke up with less pain than usual. I took another 10mg this morning and within about an hour nearly all my joint pain went away. Also have a few problem areas where either it is bone on bone rubbing or some kind of popping from excess inflammation - either way this has diminished about 50% from yesterday. This stuff seems very promising to me! It feels much like the SOD supplement I started taking, but a little more heavy duty.

It took about 12 hours to finish rendering. The copper wire did not fully disintegrate, if I were to do it again I would simply work on the copper first, e.g. copper and baking soda electrolysis, and add in the aspirin at the end. I think I ended up wasting more baking soda by trying to react all of the ingredients at once. I added around 10 grams more aspirin at the end, because the solution was looking more green than blue, it turned blue very fast once I added the extra aspirin. Either my measurements were off, or the order of combining was off, none of this was done with a scale, so things like the wire weight were taken from a calculation based on gauge and length etc I got online. Either way I definitely got something that has at least a good amount of the copper salicylate in it. I have enough copper salicylate now to last me a couple years, cost: under $3.

Let me know what you want explained and I will do my best.

Last edited:

michael94

It was successful! I took equiv of 20 mg copper last night, I slept better than usual, and woke up with less pain than usual. I took another 10mg this morning and within about an hour nearly all my joint pain went away. Also have a few problem areas where either it is bone on bone rubbing or some kind of popping from excess inflammation - either way this has diminished about 50% from yesterday. This stuff seems very promising to me! It feels much like the SOD supplement I started taking, but a little more heavy duty.

It took about 12 hours to finish rendering. The copper wire did not fully disintegrate, if I were to do it again I would simply work on the copper first, e.g. copper and baking soda electrolysis, and add in the aspirin at the end. I think I ended up wasting more baking soda by trying to react all of the ingredients at once. I added around 10 grams more aspirin at the end, because the solution was looking more green than blue, it turned blue very fast once I added the extra aspirin. Either my measurements were off, or the order of combining was off, none of this was done with a scale, so things like the wire weight were taken from a calculation based on gauge and length etc I got online. Either way I definitely got something that has at least a good amount of the copper salicylate in it. I have enough copper salicylate now to last me a couple years, cost: under $3.

So just the copper and baking soda electrolysis would make a green compound and then the blue comes with the aspirin. is that correct.

Are there any alternatives to using an old pencil on the cathode

You explained everything well already in the OP for practical purposes... I just like the explain it like Im 5 version

OP
Captain_Coconut
So just the copper and baking soda electrolysis would make a green compound and then the blue comes with the aspirin. is that correct.

Are there any alternatives to using an old pencil on the cathode

You explained everything well already in the OP for practical purposes... I just like the explain it like Im 5 version

From what I could gather the pencil graphite is the best solution, it is low toxicity and does not degrade very fast, no alternatives I know of.

Yes, green/blue before aspirin, solid bright blue after aspirin.

You will want to see most bubbles coming from the cathode. If the anode is producing way more vigorous bubbles then you likely have the connection reversed. You will need to tape things down or secure them in a way that the cathode and anode never touch. You will want to stir up the solution from time to time. Use a glass container.

If you are following the same recipe I listed. You will get approximately 30mg of copper in one teaspoon. Therefore you need to be very careful when taking this, too much copper can be toxic, especially if you keep dosing in large amounts daily. I would only take 1/3 a teaspoon a day starting out to be sure that your body handles it well. You may not need very much of this to feel it work, so start small and never go over 1 teaspoon in a day. Also if you keep it in liquid form and do not go through the steps of filtering and drying in to a powder, then you need to be sure you shake it up very well before measuring any out - this is because it settles very easily.

Finished liquid, I ended up putting through a blender for a minute and it turned extra blue:

IMG_8329.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Captain_Coconut
I went ahead and filtered the solution through a regular paper coffee filter, the blue crystals all remained in the filter and the liquid that went out looked gray and yellow - I am guessing this was a lot of loose acetyl, sodium, salicylate, and graphite. After I had it filtered I poked a hole in the bottom of the filter and flushed it / added back in new distilled water and am storing the solution in a glass jar. I could not find much information but from what I could it sounds like the solution should be very stable at room temperature. Mixing a teaspoon in to a cup of water, the solution after a few stirs turns in to a colloidal suspension, it mixes very well in water. It tastes like a nice mineral water.

It may have been from the order I followed, but going by my recipe I listed - it seems 1 cup of water per 1 gram of copper is about right, trying to go beyond that the solution becomes too ionic and there is not enough water for extra copper to latch on to. That is my theory at least, perhaps if I had left the aspirin out to the end stage all 3 grams of copper would have been rendered.

Last edited:
OP
Captain_Coconut
@michael94 , okay so I am doing another run because while I am happy with how the first run turned out, I want to know a better way, I feel like my first run wasted a good amount of time and materials. This time I am doing the copper and baking soda reaction first. I am doing 2 grams copper, and 2 cups water, and a heaping 1/2 tsp of baking soda. The reaction started right away this time, the copper is converting way faster this way. I think doing this first and then mixing the aspirin in after without any electrolysis will likely be the superior method. Doing it this way the pre-aspirin solution appears a milky blue green.

This is how the bubbles should appear if you have the anode and cathode on the correct polarity, see how the cathode (graphite) is giving off a heavier flow of bubbles than the copper (anode):

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Captain_Coconut
Eventually the copper wire reaches a point where it stops conducting very well, and may break, so what I have figured out is to use equal amounts graphite on both the cathode and anode. Then you just bend up the copper wire and drop it in the middle of the cathode and anode.

Also worth noting that copper carbonate can be bought online for little money, so you can always skip the whole electrolysis step. I simply had all the stuff lying around and didn't want to spend more money or wait on delivery times.

After a bit of research and experimentation I have perfected the recipe:

Here is the ratio: 1 cup of water: 1 gram of copper: 1 tsp of baking soda: 8 grams aspirin
The above will produce approx 5 grams of copper aspirinate (copper acetylsalicylate), which could be a 1 to 6 months supply depending on how much you take.

React the copper, water, baking soda first. Should take about 15 hours to make the solution.
Then take this copper carbonate solution and heat it up in double boiler to around 130F.
Keep stiring. Then slowly add in the aspirin and stir. Then after it is done reacting, allow to cool, then filter through paper coffee filter. Discard old liquid.
Add back in water to whatever multiple of the recipe you are following.

As for dosage, my research has yielded that copper aspirinate does not absorb very well as a copper supplement and is more so used for the sod mimetic benefits, also the complex is able to reach to the mitochondrial level, and also is lipid soluble, it has a much smaller molecular weight than natural sod - so can move more rapidly in to cells. I'm presuming that since it behaves like a catalyst similarly to how sod does, that it gets excreted from the body on a pretty rapid basis like sod does, mostly through the kidneys. Therefore I think it is most likely safe to take in larger doses than one would take a copper vitamin, e.g. in doses of 150mg copper aspirinate breakfast / lunch / dinner - this would contain approx 20mg of copper (but largely not bio-available). This correlates to 1 teaspoon of well stirred solution of the above formula. From the sparse literature available that I could find, a similar dosage (scaling by copper content) of copper salicylate has been used on arthritis patients. This is all my own speculation from what I could find online, by all means you should do your own research, I am by no means an expert on this subject.

By the way, this stuff has me feeling AMAZING! Only 2 days in and I haven't felt this good just sitting around in several years. All joint pain and muscle aches = eradicated. I thought bovine SOD supplements were good, this is 5x better - and way way more affordable too. It is a shame this stuff has been kept in the dark for so long.

Here is a video of someone making it with a lab setup. Personally I think he could have stirred it up better and reacted it longer and got a better yield.

Last edited:
OP
Captain_Coconut
Bump. Day 3 of taking this stuff approx 150 mg of copper aspirinate; up to 3 times a day now, feeling AMAZING. Better than I have felt in several years.

Of interest: FDA cracked down on a similar therapy some 60+ years ago. From: http://arthritistrust.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/GusProsch1984-07-14.pdf

"IN 1941, FORESTIER USED A COPPER COMPOUND CALLED CUPRALENE AND BY GIVING A SERIES OF 8-10 INTRAVENOUS INJECTIONS TO ARTHRITIC PATIENTS, DEMONSTRATED THAT 90% OF PATIENTS SHOWED GOOD TO EXCELLENT RESULTS, THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF COPPER GIVEN DURING A SERIES VARIED FROM 400 TO 900 MG, THE PATIENTS TREATED HAD VARIOUS RHEUMATOID DISEASES AND THE BEST RESULTS WERE SEEN IN RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS WHOSE DURATION OF DISEASE WAS LESS THAN ONE YEAR. HE THEN TRIED ANOTHER COPPER COMPOUND CALLED DICUPRENE AND THIS ALSO WAS GIVEN IN A SERIES OF I.V. INJECTIONS WITH A TOTAL OF 400-800 MG. OF COPPER AND HE DEMONSTRATED SIMILAR RESULTS BUT THE RHEUMATOID ARTHRITICS WHOSE DURATION OF ILLNESS WAS MORE THAN ONE YEAR SHOWED THE GREATEST IMPROVEMENT. MANY OF THESE PATIENTS HAD BECOME RESISTANT TO GOLD THERAPY. UNFORTUNATELY AS NO FURTHER RESEARCH WAS PERFORMED AFTER 1955, THE F.D.A. TOOK THESE COMPOUNDS OFF THE MARKET."

Interesting little old patent application I ran across. Silly to me that someone thought they could patent this, but interesting nonetheless...

US4952607A - Copper complex for treating cancer - Google Patents

Seems like this easy to make at home substance would put a giant dent in the profits of the medical powers that be, and therefore, like many other things, it has been suppressed.

I'm BLOWN AWAY by how good I feel on this penny a day cure.

I emailed RP yesterday:

Me:
"Hello Ray,

I recently started taking copper aspirinate orally, I am very impressed by how well it has reduced my joint pain. It has only been a few days, but so far I am optimistic. I read that it acts like SOD in the body. Have you done any work with copper aspirinate or copper salycilate before? I would like to know your thoughts on this, and also what you think about using sod mimetics as part of a routine health maintenance regimen."

Ray:
"I once experimented with it on my skin, where I had white whiskers or eyebrows. It immediately restored the formation of color in the emerging part of the hair, and after a single application the pigmentation continued in the affected hairs."

That's all I got from him, a small positive anecdote, so I guess that means he is neutral to positive on it. No dire warnings this time hah.

InChristAlone

Bump. Day 3 of taking this stuff approx 150 mg of copper aspirinate; up to 3 times a day now, feeling AMAZING. Better than I have felt in several years.

Of interest: FDA cracked down on a similar therapy some 60+ years ago. From: http://arthritistrust.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/GusProsch1984-07-14.pdf

"IN 1941, FORESTIER USED A COPPER COMPOUND CALLED CUPRALENE AND BY GIVING A SERIES OF 8-10 INTRAVENOUS INJECTIONS TO ARTHRITIC PATIENTS, DEMONSTRATED THAT 90% OF PATIENTS SHOWED GOOD TO EXCELLENT RESULTS, THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF COPPER GIVEN DURING A SERIES VARIED FROM 400 TO 900 MG, THE PATIENTS TREATED HAD VARIOUS RHEUMATOID DISEASES AND THE BEST RESULTS WERE SEEN IN RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS WHOSE DURATION OF DISEASE WAS LESS THAN ONE YEAR. HE THEN TRIED ANOTHER COPPER COMPOUND CALLED DICUPRENE AND THIS ALSO WAS GIVEN IN A SERIES OF I.V. INJECTIONS WITH A TOTAL OF 400-800 MG. OF COPPER AND HE DEMONSTRATED SIMILAR RESULTS BUT THE RHEUMATOID ARTHRITICS WHOSE DURATION OF ILLNESS WAS MORE THAN ONE YEAR SHOWED THE GREATEST IMPROVEMENT. MANY OF THESE PATIENTS HAD BECOME RESISTANT TO GOLD THERAPY. UNFORTUNATELY AS NO FURTHER RESEARCH WAS PERFORMED AFTER 1955, THE F.D.A. TOOK THESE COMPOUNDS OFF THE MARKET."

Interesting little old patent application I ran across. Silly to me that someone thought they could patent this, but interesting nonetheless...

US4952607A - Copper complex for treating cancer - Google Patents

Seems like this easy to make at home substance would put a giant dent in the profits of the medical powers that be, and therefore, like many other things, it has been suppressed.

I'm BLOWN AWAY by how good I feel on this penny a day cure.

I emailed RP yesterday:

Me:
"Hello Ray,

I recently started taking copper aspirinate orally, I am very impressed by how well it has reduced my joint pain. It has only been a few days, but so far I am optimistic. I read that it acts like SOD in the body. Have you done any work with copper aspirinate or copper salycilate before? I would like to know your thoughts on this, and also what you think about using sod mimetics as part of a routine health maintenance regimen."

Ray:
"I once experimented with it on my skin, where I had white whiskers or eyebrows. It immediately restored the formation of color in the emerging part of the hair, and after a single application the pigmentation continued in the affected hairs."

That's all I got from him, a small positive anecdote, so I guess that means he is neutral to positive on it. No dire warnings this time hah.
That's great you feel better. I have been interested in copper lately as an antifungal. Do you think it could clear up a skin infection?

OP
Captain_Coconut
That's great you feel better. I have been interested in copper lately as an antifungal. Do you think it could clear up a skin infection?

I’m not sure if topical copper aspirinate would be an effective antifungal compared to other forms of copper. There is very little literature available on it. I suppose it would at least be mildly effective for skin infections.

Lutzzy

Lutzzy

Copper works with Zinc, do you have yours balanced with zinc? Be sure it is like silver...make sure you do not make Nano solution...most of the solutions in the health food stores are nano solutions. If it is not on the label call the company and ask before you buy or use. Nano Nano Mork warned us years ago on Mork and Mindy Show!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals