Cool Textbooks On The Mineral Content Of Marine, And Land Animals

Johnathan5544

Compendium of Trace Metals and Marine Biota: Vol 1: Plants and Invertebrates Vol 2: Vertebrates

https://libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=2D4BD7132ABF62676CF2AD70EAFB1971

Some of the nutrients in the book are not listed in nutritiondata eg dolphin liver can have up to 2000mg / kg of selenium. I imagine peoples have eaten dolphin liver. Curious if 200mg of selenium from a 100g serving would of made them sick. Polar bear liver had a bit too. The stories of people getting sick from vitamin A in polar bear liver may actually be from selenium.

OP
J

Johnathan5544

Hmm good question it does seem like a lot. I tend to believe it though. Nature seems like it shielded the dolphin insides pretty good making it hard for man to get its liver out, and eat it hence giving himself selenium poisoning. I am not a fisherman though so who knows maybe eating dolphin flesh, and organs is common to some peoples.

Runenight201

Humans don’t give af what nature intended or did not intend for us to eat, because we’ll eat it anyways.

Greenland shark is supposedly poisonous due to the high urea and TMAO content naturally found in the shark, in order help the shark maintain its osmotic balance with the salt concentration of the water it’s found in.

Do Icelanders care? No, they’ll soak it, ferment it, and dry it, decreasing the TMAO content in order that it can be eaten. Given the mercury content of most bigger sea fish, Icelanders must have gotten a case of the Mad Hatters disease for their insistence on eating this as their national fish. Apparently it’s quite the acquired taste X.X

Our ability to eat anything has been both our success and curse. Live long enough to reproduce but have a metabolically suppressed life while at it =P

OP
J

Johnathan5544

haha nice. I thought the thick skin of the dolphin would make it tough to skin but I am no expert. I would love to try it. Greenpeace peoples probably don't like dolphins being eaten though

Runenight201

Lol probably not...although the Japanese would beg to differ. The mercury content of these larger fish would probably make their consumption questionable to begin with. Although looking at nutritiondata.com for 100g of dolphin cooked in dry heat, you do get 46.8 mcg of Selenium which is 67% of the RDA for a male with a daily caloric intake of 2000 kCal. Its also low in PUFA....

upload_2018-10-13_8-35-22.jpeg

Cmon…look how adorable this little guy is, he doesn't want to be eaten...although on another note, dolphins are potheads.... playing around with poor pufferfish just to catch a high.

Uh-oh am I being specist now? Maybe...but flipper was a great film and dolphins are pretty cool creatures.

I also find it interesting that when I referred to dolphins as food, I used the pronoun it, but the minute I began defending the dolphins, I personalized the pronoun to he, as if I was equating equality with humans as deserving equal rights to life.

OP
J

Johnathan5544

Ha funny vid thanks for sharing. They are nice creatures but given the chance I would love to eat one. Yumm.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom