Cooking Mushrooms

Peato Diet

Im about to cook a load of mushrooms. What does Ray say about this?

Is boiling mushrooms for 3 hours better than 1 hour?

Do i have to discard the water which the mushrooms where boiled in or can it be consumed? On the following website it says that you should let the water evaporate in order to get rid of the cancer causing chemical hydrazine. It even goes so far as to say that the ventilation should be good. Is this correct according to Ray? : If you aren't cooking mushrooms this way, you are increasing cancer risk - www.dailymedicaldiscoveries.com

Can the mushrooms be cooked in a crock-pot (which normally do not heat to a boil) or is it important to heat to 100 Degrees C in order to destroy the hydrazine?

Sautéed under ventilation until they release their water and most evaporates. They are outgassing carcinogenic hydrazine

Now add some liquid and cook for an hour. I use a pressure cooker and finish them for 20 minutes which is a lot quicker.

If I used a slow cooker I'd sautee first in a hot skillet.

sprinter

I just sauté sliced mushrooms for like 10 minutes and eat. Is this really gonna hurt me or give me cancer? I don't wanna spend 3+ hours cooking to eat some fricken mushrooms! Why does everything have to be so complicated?

OP
P

Peato Diet

I just sauté sliced mushrooms for like 10 minutes and eat. Is this really gonna hurt me or give me cancer? I don't wanna spend 3+ hours cooking to eat some fricken mushrooms! Why does everything have to be so complicated?

If you cook in bulk then freeze in portions it makes things a lot easier.

I keep the liquid. The hydrazine boils off. The liquid ocntsins a lot of valuable nutrients so I understand.