Conversion Of T3 And RT3 To T2 PH Dependent

Drareg

Defending plasma T3 is a biological priority

This text gives an overview about how T3 is regulated. A few of the references might be interesting.

"Furthermore, D3 expression can be enhanced in multiple other tissues in disease states, including the liver, lungs, heart and brain, particularly during ischaemic or hypoxic states."

I found this one by chance. Don't know if it helps.

Conversion of T3 and rT3 to 3,3'-T2: pH dependency. - PubMed - NCBI

You should put the last study in the studies as an individual post,it's interesting PH will do this,where does that leave CO2 in this!

tara

I've just read the abstract. Not sure if I'm reading it right. Is it saying that T3 (which drives metabolism) accumulates more (is broken down to T2 more slowly) in a more acidic environment, while rT3 (which slows metabolism) accumulates more (is broken down more slowly to T2) in a more alkaline environment?
I didn't understand how this:
"The pH activity profile shows a peak at 8.4."
related to the above - 8.4 being quite an alkaline environment.
Is the relevant environment in the body about the blood pH (7.35-7.45) or about the tissue pH (intercellular fluid pH), which can vary much more, or about the intracellular pH?
I'll understand if someone says I should read the study properly myself, and I may get a round to that, but others' thoughts are interesting.

Giraffe

Is the relevant environment in the body about the blood pH (7.35-7.45) or about the tissue pH (intercellular fluid pH), which can vary much more, or about the intracellular pH?
This is from the text I linked in the other thread (see link in OP):

T3 production via deiodination is an intracellular event. T4 enters cells via specific transmembrane transporters and can then be converted to T3.26 D1 is located in the plasma membrane and thus T3 produced via the D1 pathway exits the cells promptly and rapidly equilibrates with the plasma pool of T3.27,28 In fact, kinetics studies indicate that T3 molecules generated via the D1 pathway stay inside the cell for just about 30 min before exiting to plasma. In contrast, D2 is an endoplasmic reticulum (ER)-resident protein, and thus, T4 to T3 conversion through this pathway occurs in a cellular compartment that is physically associated with the cell nucleus, where the TRs are located.27,29 Thus, D2-originated T3 also diffuses to the nucleus and perhaps for this reason remains in the target cell for a longer period time, approximately 8 h.28,30

D3 is located in the plasma membrane and thus has easy access to incoming thyroid hormone molecules.31,32 Furthermore, under hypoxic or ischaemic conditions, D3 is preferentially inserted into the nuclear membrane where it inactivates thyroid hormone, thereby decreasing thyroid hormone signalling.33

tara

Interesting. This is a stretch for me - my understanding of cell anatomy and physiology leaves a lot to be desired. :)
Thanks.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
jase_11six T4 -> T3 Conversion And RT3 Buildup Thyroid and Hormones 12
shine PQQ inhibits lactate formation, increases lactate to pyruvate conversion, improves NAD+/NADH ratio Scientific Studies 0
Serge Protein To Sugar Conversion Question Metabolism 11
iPeat Peat's Cynoplus-Armour Conversion Thyroid and Hormones 14
B New Research Suggests The Conversion Of Testosterone To Estrogen In The Brain Is Crucial For Male Se Ask For Help or Advice 40
C Intestinal Flora And T4->T3 Conversion? Thyroid and Hormones 2
berk Vitamin B6 And Zinc And Supplementation Increase Conversion Of Tryptophan Into Serotonin Scientific Studies 8
D Peripheral Thyroid Conversion And Its Impact On TSH And Metabolic Activity Scientific Studies 1
GutFeeling Proviron May Reduce DHEA Conversion To Testosterone Scientific Studies 1
R PUFA Conversion Ratio Confusion Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 2
Hans The Conversion Of Testosterone To DHT Is IGF-1 Dependent Scientific Studies 25
vulture Pregnenolone Supplementation On Schizo's: Absence Of Conversion To Other Steroids Scientific Studies 12
L Testosterone Promotes Paternal Behaviour In A Monogamous Mammal Via Conversion To Oestrogen Scientific Studies 3
DaveFoster Mirtazapine Increases T4-T3 Conversion, Possible Antidepressant Mechanism Scientific Studies 30
Drareg RETRACTED: Liver Conversion Of Docosahexaenoic And Arachidonic Acids From Their 18-carbon Precursors Scientific Studies 0
P Health And Conversion Thyroid and Hormones 12
H Substances That Help Conversion Of Cholesterol Into Downstream Steroids And Bile Acids? Health 11
Ahanu How To Improve The Conversion Of T4 To T3 ? Ask For Help or Advice 1
D Insulin Promotes Conversion Of Linoleic To Arachidonic Acid? Health 0
R Help With DHEAS Conversion Blood Work, Labs 2
MB50 Vitamin A For Better DHEA Conversion? Ask For Help or Advice 7
Drareg Lysine-carnitine Conversion Scientific Studies 8
P Metabolism Of Galactose In The Brain And Liver Of Rats And Its Conversion Into Glutamate And Other A Scientific Studies 1
Y It's Official - Low Testosterone Suppresses T4 To T3 Conversion / Lowers Metabolism Articles & Scientific Studies 3
A Can someone help me understand this conversion? Natural Dessicated Thyroid 0
L Conversion of saturated fats to polyunsaturated fats Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 1
J Cortisone Reduces Beta Carotene Conversion to Vitamin A Articles & Scientific Studies 1
haidut Taurine (and Analogs) Increase T4 Into T3 Conversion 2-fold Scientific Studies 24
Edward Effect of TSH on conversion of T4 to T3 in perfused rat kidn Articles & Scientific Studies 1
D Coconut Flour Conversion Question Diet, Recipes 12
D Coconut Oil conversion question Coconut Oil 10
Tristan Loscha Deiodinase & RT3:Seldom Mentioned Diagnostic Edge Cases That Matter Blood Work, Labs 4
jase_11six How To Clear Elevated RT3 When T3 Is High Health 14
Y Study Shows GH Increases TISSUE T3, Reduces RT3 Scientific Studies 0
DaveFoster High RT3 After NDT + T3 Blood Work, Labs 9
Drareg Alzheimers And T3,Rt3 Scientific Studies 5
Y Is This Quote From RP On Excess T3 Correct? Can T3 Turn Into RT3? Ray Peat Topics 16
Bodhi NDT vd Synt. T3 with Rt3 in the higher range Blood Work, Labs 6
haidut Low Calorie, Low Carb Intake Lowers T3 And Increases RT3 Scientific Studies 2
S cynoplus and cynomel and T4 to rT3 Synthetic Thyroid 1
meatbag Women’s Egg Quality Dependent On Metabolic Factors Scientific Studies 1
GutFeeling Reversal Of Learned Helplessness By SSRIs In Rats Is Not Dependent On 5-HT Availability Scientific Studies 0
S.Seneff Melatonin Inhibits Warburg-dependent Cancer By Redirecting Glucose Oxidation To The Mitochondria Articles & Scientific Studies 2
Lokzo Vitamin A Increases Glucocorticoid Receptor Phosphorylation Via Cyclin-dependent Kinase 5 Scientific Studies 1
Mito High Fat Diet Induces Microbiota-dependent Silencing Of Enteroendocrine Cells Articles & Scientific Studies 0
haidut Height Is Dependent On Diet Quality, Not Genes Scientific Studies 86
L What Can Be Done To Fight Radiation's Blockage Of Vit K-dependent Processes? Radiation 8
G "Calcium Inhibits Mitochondrial Respiration In A Dose-dependent Manner.” Scientific Studies 8
B Zopiclone Dependent ,desperate Advise Needed Insomnia, Sleep Issues 5
D Dose-dependent Effect Of Copper Chloride On Male Reproductive Function Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0