Conversational Stress, Thinking, Sweating

Regina

Yeah... I don't know. My guess would be it's the same thing on a different scale. Autistic kids sometimes respond very nicely to scaffolded somatic therapy -- basically slowly doing increasingly difficult expressive exercises in the presence of a person that radiates safety and warm feelings.
I'm hugely effected by "the presence of a person that radiates safety and warm feelings". I seem retarded, clumsy and 'can't do anything right' in oppressive punitive authoritarian conditions. Teachers say "are we talking about the same person?"

Integra

I was at a party the other day and I found myself in the company of two very 'guarded' women. Their conversation was everything you'd expect: polite, conventional, about a safe topic (some class the two of them were taking) moderately-paced, and excruciatingly boring. I was one of the three people on the sidelines and I started physically aching from boredom. I could feel my muscles hurting from being drained. I felt drowsy. I just wanted to crouch down on the floor and sleep. It would be a better use of my time. There's no protection from people like that. I wonder how they feel when they get up in the morning and check themselves out in the mirror. Do they ever notice how boring they are? It's almost like an undiagnosed disease that's killing everyone they come in contact with, but not them.