Conversational Stress, Thinking, Sweating

anp

Since going peat my day to day armpit sweating has been reduced significantly since peating however any sort of mildly intense conversation soaks my armpits. This is true also when trying to find the right words in a messaging or texting conversation, where proper wording is vital. Talking with Friends/Family engaged in a normal at ease talk does not do this.

I assume i'm on the Aspergers scale with long neurons that allow for diverse connections to be made between many ideas. So relaying out all this information has never been easy.

The basic question here is have any of you experienced the same sort of thing and been able to solve it? I don't notice much difference between just filled up and several hours after eating with lower glycogen.

Dhair

Since going peat my day to day armpit sweating has been reduced significantly since peating however any sort of mildly intense conversation soaks my armpits. This is true also when trying to find the right words in a messaging or texting conversation, where proper wording is vital. Talking with Friends/Family engaged in a normal at ease talk does not do this.

I assume i'm on the Aspergers scale with long neurons that allow for diverse connections to be made between many ideas. So relaying out all this information has never been easy.

The basic question here is have any of you experienced the same sort of thing and been able to solve it? I don't notice much difference between just filled up and several hours after eating with lower glycogen.
I was like this when I was on SSRIs. Things improved when I got off them, but that was before my health really took a dive... I think it is a serotonin problem. What is your testosterone like?

OP
A

anp

I haven't tested my testosterone (580) since before i really got into peat it wasn't too bad, and it's probably gotten better. And Prolactin last test was 5.4.

I have been trying to get my iron down as quickly as possible (Ferritin of 200+). I did see something making a iron / serotonin connection. I've never been on any pharmaceuticals.

Integra

If you assume you're somewhere on the spectrum, it's very possible that your nervous system is wired to pick up other people's moods at a much more acute level than most other people. It could be that it's the person you're trying to have a conversation who is the nervous one, and you're picking up their nervousness on a bodily level.

OP
A

anp

If you assume you're somewhere on the spectrum, it's very possible that your nervous system is wired to pick up other people's moods at a much more acute level than most other people. It could be that it's the person you're trying to have a conversation who is the nervous one, and you're picking up their nervousness on a bodily level.
Yeah, I would agree that in person to person conversation this adds to the stress, and the possible overload which i'm aware of. At the same time i'm obvious to some many social cues. But over the phone or writing out a complicated message it is very similar. It's the computing of all possibilities, especially difficult when you are trying to be politically/or perceptually correct which is fairly automatic. Taking into account all the problems can be a empathetic response.

Last edited:

meatbag

Yeah, I would agree that in person to person conversation this adds to the stress, and the possible overload which i'm aware of. At the same time i'm obvious to some many social cues. But over the phone or wring out a complicated message it is very similar. It's the computing of all possibilities, especially difficult when you are trying to be politically/or perceptually correct which is fairly automatic. Taking into account all the problems can be a empathetic response.

have you ever tried pregnenolone or cyproheptadine?

OP
A

anp

have you ever tried pregnenolone or cyproheptadine?
Nope, i'm very hesitant to drop supplements or pharmaceuticals in without at least trying some of the basics first. I don't know a ton about them but it seems like playing with fire and I need to be somewhat careful.

meatbag

Nope, i'm very hesitant to drop supplements or pharmaceuticals in without at least trying some of the basics first. I don't know a ton about them but it seems like playing with fire and I need to be somewhat careful.

okay, those have helped me, and I notice a difference when I don't take them for awhile and then take them again. I always forget how effective the cypro can be when I don't use it for awhile. Just aspirin dissolved in warm water with a small amount of baking soda after eating can be helpful to relax. Sometimes just having salt can stop the sweating and Ray Peat has said hypothyroid people lose minerals very easily and don't retain them.

Have you ever gotten any thyroid or vitamin d labs?
What does your diet look like? Do you ever eat liver?
Exercise?

I guess psychologically one could try to just not care so much about what others think, but if there's a bigger underlying issue that can be tough and not allow a person to respond to simple excitement or a need to be alert correctly.

Last edited:
OP
A

anp

okay, those have helped me, and I notice a difference when I don't take them for awhile and then take them again. I always forget how effective the cypro can be when I don't use it for awhile. Just aspirin dissolved in warm water with a small amount of baking soda after eating can be helpful to relax. Sometimes just having salt can stop the sweating and Ray Peat has said hypothyroid people lose minerals very easily and don't retain them.

Have you ever gotten any thyroid or vitamin d labs?
What does your diet look like? Do you ever eat liver?
Exercise?

I guess psychologically one could try to just not care so much about what others think, but if there's a bigger underlying issue that can be tough and not allow a person to respond to simple excitement or a need to be alert correctly.
I could try even more salt before i know i'm going to be having a conversation.
I don't feel like i'm in the hypothyroid camp anymore, i was low on vitamin d but i think its corrected.
I eat liver, oysters, and exercise some. It's easy for me to follow just about every best practice here.
It's not really about what people think, its about considering everything. Say with problem solving, i can usually think of several things to try instantly, then a whole list of if this then that. The ability to do a broad risk assessment on every option instantly, and often the only issue is converting it to something someone else can understand. I've understood that adrenals get hammered in intense mental exercise.

meatbag

I could try even more salt before i know i'm going to be having a conversation.
I don't feel like i'm in the hypothyroid camp anymore, i was low on vitamin d but i think its corrected.
I eat liver, oysters, and exercise some. It's easy for me to follow just about every best practice here.
It's not really about what people think, its about considering everything. Say with problem solving, i can usually think of several things to try instantly, then a whole list of if this then that. The ability to do a broad risk assessment on every option instantly, and often the only issue is converting it to something someone else can understand. I've understood that adrenals get hammered in intense mental exercise.

Okay, yeah I can relate to what your saying. I don't really have an answer but I thought this thread from haidut had some interesting implications;
Intrusive / Unwanted Thoughts Due To Low GABA Signalling

DaveFoster

Serotonin and adrenaline (and noradrenaline [NE in the brain]) contribute to symptoms such as sweating, aggression, displays of dominance, and self-consciousness. In the long-term, cortisol leads to poor heat tolerance and lethargy and tends to reduce sweating, but acute spikes appear in the context of hot flashes and euphoria.

Adrenaline increases the pulse and together with serotonin can suppress the appetite resulting in dangerously low blood sugar. Combined with estrogen's tendency to increase the respiratory rate, the three can trigger panic attacks, which themselves indicate an extreme failure in energy production.

In the context of inadequate energy production, serotonin and adrenaline together can temporarily increase caloric expenditure to "protect you" in a social sense by remaining present and having a certain level of conversation flow instead of silence.

OP
A

anp

Okay, yeah I can relate to what your saying. I don't really have an answer but I thought this thread from haidut had some interesting implications;
Intrusive / Unwanted Thoughts Due To Low GABA Signalling
That is interesting, i tend to only deal with rumination but its all I've ever known really, i saw the reference to homocysteine which i tested in February that resulted in being slightly high. My B12 level(February) is 525 but my folate was borderline. I guess ill avoid niacinamide and maybe try some of the other things first. I haven't seen the connection made but it seems like niacinamide would use up b12/folate, then somehow raise homocystine. But I cant really tie that into this. I should retest some of these things and figure out more.

meatbag

That is interesting, i tend to only deal with rumination but its all I've ever known really, i saw the reference to homocysteine which i tested in February that resulted in being slightly high. My B12 level(February) is 525 but my folate was borderline. I guess ill avoid niacinamide and maybe try some of the other things first. I haven't seen the connection made but it seems like niacinamide would use up b12/folate, then somehow raise homocystine. But I cant really tie that into this. I should retest some of these things and figure out more.

I don't think avoiding niacinamide would help, I think using it might actually help. I think thyroid is the main thing after using it, this is kind of like what Peat always says to; the context is different depending on if thyroid function is adequate or not. I guess there are other things to try but it seems to have more of an effect than anything else. The t4 takes awhile to take effect but I think after a week or two a combination supplement can help with excessive worrying and overthinking. At least it seems to help for me

Last edited:

Regina

Is that what Asperger's is? Maybe I have that. :bucktooth:

OP
A

anp

I don't think avoiding niacinamide would help, I think using it might actually help. I think thyroid is the main thing after using it. I guess there are other things to try but it seems to have more of an effect than anything else. The t4 takes awhile to take effect but I think after a week or two a combination supplement can help with excessive worrying and overthinking. At least it seems to help for me
In summary what we are getting to here is that the overthinking(rumination) which I don't sweat from, is in fact related to the sweating from a intense conversation where thinking a lot is expected/normal. It's like a constant depletion of some chemical, that adds a stressor to the overall system. Or there is something like higher iron which helps toss even more serotonin into the situation.

Researchers iron out new role for serotonin (02/6/09)
I'm still trying to understand the (high)Iron to Serotonin relationship more.

The more i research about high iron it seems to be a primary factor in a lot of issues, one that needs to be sorted out first. Adding other things in might be more of a mitigation rather than a long term stable fix.
I've already noticed significant changes after the first blood donation in breathing, exercise area.

OP
A

anp

I've never considered Aspergers to be directly connected to things like mirror neurons etc. The highly sensitive person is a good book, the HSP thing tends to also include sensitivities to other environmental factors.

meatbag

You could always just take a vow of silence and join a monastery! :p:
lol, now there's some actionable advice!
I've never considered Aspergers to be directly connected to things like mirror neurons etc. The highly sensitive person is a good book, the HSP thing tends to also include sensitivities to other environmental factors.
One of my best friends growing up had aspergers. What's interesting is that he has in a lot of ways grown out of it. I think someone would have made a direct comment in real life to you about it if you actually did have Aspergers. Not trying to belittle what your dealing with, but I think conditions such as that are usually fairly obvious to those around them after spending a little time with them, and people would probably become obviously angry in day to day situations etc.

Integra

Yeah... I don't know. My guess would be it's the same thing on a different scale. Autistic kids sometimes respond very nicely to scaffolded somatic therapy -- basically slowly doing increasingly difficult expressive exercises in the presence of a person that radiates safety and warm feelings.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals