Contrarian Endocrinology

Makrosky

@gbolduev why don't you spend 30% of the time you spend answering over and over the same questions to individual users and you finally write down a briefing of your ideas? For me it is impossible to follow you with all the info scattered as it is now. Then you can refer people to that article and at least it can be discussed properly. It's non sense the way it is now. No offense though.

gbolduev

@gbolduev so would not be useful for individuals that have high cholesterol. Would you give thyroid hormone? Or would you try and optimise calcium/potassium instead?

I would give thyroid only when there is an actual problem with the thyroid gland. IN 90% cases it has nothing to do with the thyroid gland, it has to do with potassium levels in the cell.

Or PH regulation in which body cant handle more CO2 ,since it is already acidic.

DaveFoster

i think you got it wrong. It has been demonstrated many times in this forum that using hormones therapeutically can break some negative feedback loops from stress. Same with thyroid, many people start using ndt ot t3+t4 and then focus on lowering pufas and increasing calories and dprotein and fat solubles, etc.. and they need less and less of the supplemental thyroid. It is obvious that that is the way hormones should be used. It works.
That's also a similar context as Dr. Peat's comments of hormone usage.

Ella

Forum Supporter
@Makrosky, I was not able to walk for 9 months after my physical breakdown. That's a bloody long time. I thought I would never walk again. Tragic because, I have aways been an adrenaline freak. Too many projects, overextending myself, never saying no. There was no way I was going to stop and why should I. I was at the peak of my research career. Everyone's darling. I had everything perfect. Then crash, one avalanche after another. My life had been a dream. All I needed to do was imagine and it would manifest. Pretty powerful an intoxicating. When I could no longer walk, I lost everything. I didn't recognise my body. It was not the body I knew. A body that was strong and invincible. It was just decrepit. I was invalid. Too much for my brain to accept. I had just focus on placing on leg in front of the other. I was in much pain. I had plenty of time and I started to read Peat's work. Once I started walking again, I could only do short distances, however when I took pregnenolone, I could walk hills and no pain. I got to the point that I was pain free, I could run and jump and not break. I stop the pregnenolone but took it during stressful periods. I noticed my face change. More like a cortisol face. I felt like I was on speed, running too fast, my brain would just spin and experience confusion when pressure was placed on me. So I stopped pregnenolone and my face reversed and I slowed down. I am now calm and even if there is a crises my head does not spin. I am able to stay calm and cool. I no longer overact. Just real chilled and mellow. I almost feel guilty for feeling this way because there are stressed people around but I am not going into alarm mode.

So pregnenolone got me over the hurdle and gave me the strength to push my body that little bit harder. Both physically and mentally. Took me out of "learned helplessness" mode.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I would give thyroid only when there is an actual problem with the thyroid gland. IN 90% cases it has nothing to do with the thyroid gland, it has to do with potassium levels in the cell.

Or PH regulation in which body cant handle more CO2 ,since it is already acidic.
At least I have an answer of why I have hypo symptoms and labs are decent though in the low range for T3 and T4, and THS is low.
I am hypo symptoms and not hypo thyroid lol!
Glad I resisted taking any T!!!!!!!!!!
Almost sure my hair test will come with slow oxidizer. And something high with adrenals.....

My rib cage is not fine, my posture either and I breathe not deep, so I retain CO2, this is why I have to do almost nothing to have a low CP as Buteyko's ideas.
So I am rather acidic and then it explains my high glycemia since childhood: my cells do not want to produce more CO2!
So I also have lactic acid, and I feel good outside, breathing and I prefer quiet long exercise, or else I have really too much pains and aches.

1st of all I have to breathe more, and will look at the right breathing exercises, I do not speak here, stay in the title range!
Look forward to understand the potassiumm stuff...

Last edited:

Wagner83

And? He had hypogonadism and hypothyroidism IIRC. He used hormones for a while, then recovered, and barely uses any anymore besides thyroid. There are many other testimonies. They key is seeing hormones as tools. Peat doesn't take any hormones anymore IIRC, he corrected his metabolism.

i think you got it wrong. It has been demonstrated many times in this forum that using hormones therapeutically can break some negative feedback loops from stress.

Pregnenolone aside I'm very curious to hear about such results, I never saw anyone say he used androsterone for y while and got so much better he stopped, most keep taking it or stop because of "Low cortisol / low estrogens" issues. As for tyler remember the main things were K2 (which is the one he kept) and pansterone, but if you look at how he changed his whole life (diet, work etc..) this was very dramatic, very few people do this. He also used cascara to help fix his digestion and it did help, red light too.

Ella

Forum Supporter
IN 90% cases it has nothing to do with the thyroid gland

@gbolduev, thank you for your response. I agree with you. However, if you have someone with a reverse T3 below the range, this would be strong confirmation to place them on thryoid hormone?

Ella

Forum Supporter
but if you look at how he changed his whole life (diet, work etc..) this was very dramatic, very few people do this.

I changed my whole life. My life is completely unrecognisable and people that knew me before don't understand why I prefer the land and my animals and not interested in the outside world. The world has gone totally mad and I won't have a bar of it. I don't even want to visit the shopping centre. Where before I was always looking for excitment, now I am content. I have had more than my fair share of excitment. Boring is a good feel and really hate it when people invade my space.

I have become a harvester of energy instead of a spendthrift. Energy is now my most valuable commodity.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Thinking of something that might not be so stupid... if it is, sure I will get answers!
Can it be that the old therapy of drinking ones own urine be based on some intuition of contrarian endocrinology?
If we loose excesses through urine, then we take it again, thus my idea. Also, I was amazed at all what we can see in urine, after doing the organic acid test. It is full of many things!

gilbert90

Gbolduev mentioned that Fast oxidisers would initially feel like crap on caffeine but that it could eventually cure them, does anybody know how long one would feel bad Before you get better? does one do caffeine for a while and then stop it before you'd get better or would you get better while still using it? I wish he would've clarify on how this "contrarian endocrinology" works. I'm a fast oxidiser and I def feel like crap when I do caffeine and he's making me Think of maybe doing it for a while and see but I dont know how long I can do it since I feel so bad on it ( kinda feels like im drunk all the time) . so far I've been doing 600 mg divided in Three doses. Any Ideas?