Contact Juggling, wow just freaking WOW!!!!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9PlWQNO0i0[/youtube]

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Updated video, the last one was deleted on youtube. This is definitely way cool.

montmorency

Charlie, I'm not seeing that video, or any of the ones in the music thread.

I'm using Chrome.

Does something need to be enabled in my forum settings, or are the links just dead?

Thanks.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Hmmm, I am using Chrome and it is working for me. I also checked your setting and flash is enabled on the board settings. Do you have flash disabled in your browser?

4peatssake

Jenn said:
I am not seeing any video either, I am using firefox.
They removed it from YouTube. I missed it too. :(

Dan W

I tried to learn contact juggling as a kid. I will neither confirm nor deny that it was based on a desire to be like David Bowie:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9iWrgFeIxU[/youtube]

4peatssake

Dan Wich said:
I tried to learn contact juggling as a kid. I will neither confirm nor deny that it was based on a desire to be like David Bowie:
ar131281577106912.jpg

You prefer this medium as I recall?
Tis much tastier than a crystal ball!

Dan W

Immediately after posting that, I knew you would sense your clipart-searching skills were needed. Like Spiderman or something.

4peatssake

Dan Wich said:
Immediately after posting that, I knew you would sense your clipart-searching skills were needed. Like Spiderman or something.
Just as I knew you knew it was coming. ;)
Alas, I saved the best one for PM. :P

montmorency

I've tried ordinary juggling in a small way. I'm not a natural, but I think it's a good skill to develop. Quite relaxing, and probably good for certain sorts of brain pathway development (or something).

There are loads of juggling vids on youtube. This is only one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG8lAzrdLFo

In that one, he starts off with 2 balls, and when you've mastered that, it's supposed to be relatively easy to go on to 3.

Not shown in that video, but starting with just 1 is also very good. Keep doing this until you can reliable catch in either hand without looking down. The secret there seems to be to watch the ball as it gets to the highest point in its arc, make a mental note of it actually beginning to fall down, and then (as if by magic) your brain seems to be able to compute where that ball will fall, and you can catch it without looking (at least after a little practice). I find that pretty amazing, and illustrates some of the hidden power of our brains and nervous system.

When you have that mastered, then it's time to move to 2 balls, and that's actually the basic thing to crack, I believe. It's more difficult than going on from 2 to 3.