Consuming Only Fresh Milk And Blood For A Half Year?

sladerunner69

These men are following a diet that seems fairly peaty. They only drink raw milk and blood, gorging themselves on the substances for 6 months before competing in a "fattest man" competition.

Ethiopian tribe hosts annual ‘fat man’ contest where locals gorge nothing but cow’s milk and blood for MONTHS to gain weight

Granted, these men aren't very obese but do have notably distended bellies. If some of the claims made on the forum about saturated fat, calcium, milk etc are true, then why aren't these men thinner? They aren't eating any PUFA, that much is certain, yet they are fat. Thoughts?

Tenacity

The milk is probably whole. This just looks like evidence that too much fat makes you fat. Granted, any caloric excess will do that too, and these men are intentionally trying to gain weight.

gaze

they look more like they have extended stomachs/fatty liver from the volume of liquid and protein rather than body fat itself. either way, consuming an extreme abundance of food will make you bigger no matter the food, and 2-300+ grams of protein from milk which has lots of tryptophan is also a possibility

Bushido1

The reason why they get fat and unhealthy eating only milk is because milk is very inflammatory.

It is the times that I drank the most milk (up to 2 liters per day) when I felt the worst ever. I also believed the idea that milk is good for you because of all the reasons Ray always mentions, but when it comes to real life application dairy is one of the foods that people react the worst to as it is well known in the paleo community.

mrchibbs

The reason why they get fat and unhealthy eating only milk is because milk is very inflammatory.

It is the times that I drank the most milk (up to 2 liters per day) when I felt the worst ever. I also believed the idea that milk is good for you because of all the reasons Ray always mentions, but when it comes to real life application dairy is one of the foods that people react the worst to as it is well known in the paleo community.

And I’ve felt the best drinking the most milk on a daily basis.

thomas00

I wonder what they are eating the other times. Probably the same trash everyone else is being poisoned with. The Masai don't do their typical diet anymore.

thomas00

lol

boris

The Maasai Tribe has been mentioned for copious consumption of milk and blood, but most of them die in their 40s.

I heard this elsewhere, just lazily pulled a quick search on it for whatever it's worth:
Masai and Inuit High-Protein Diets: A Closer Look - Center for Nutrition Studies

"...only three out of 400 men were over 55 years old."

Also, drinking a gallon of milk a day is a pretty well-known anabolic stimulus.

Sorry @Twohandsondeck but what you say is not true and the article doesn‘t even claim it either ;).

The full quote goes like this:

The population they studied was limited by age. About 60% of the men were under 44 and only three out of 400 men were over 55 years old.“
They are just talking about the age group participating in the study.

In fact they even praise their health:

„...the fact that there weren’t even four or five men with detectable signs [of heart disease] was impressive. Several indications supported the notion that these men were a population with very low to nonexistent premature heart disease. There were no clinical symptoms of heart disease in these young to middle aged men and their risk factors were excellent.“

(I know what you mean though, what you have heard about is what they say about many indigenous people. It‘s the same lie about our ancestors dying in their 30s. 30-40 was just the average age factoring in early child deaths. Our modern society is in fact dying younger and younger and not getting older like we are being told, the only thing that‘s somewhat in control now is premature child deaths.)

Last edited:

Uselis

That part "they not allowed to leave their huts" probably means they're not doing push ups or squats inside either ☺

Traditional Maasai ate same diet afaik and were lean but they also covered around 20km a day. I even found traveling 60km a day for them was quite common occurence.

Cloudhands

Ive heard beforethat Masaai tribesmen that live exceptionally long lives are the ones that drink tea from some saponin rich psychedelic bark, and many of the rest get CVD

The population they studied was limited by age. About 60% of the men were under 44 and only three out of 400 men were over 55 years old.“
They are just talking about the age group participating in the study.

That's not even 1% of the population that lived over 55.

Yes, it was only the group that was studied, but how far off the mark could you be from finding an average if you pull 400 people who are living in a tribal society?

I think we can safely assume that there aren't some of them who are practicing extreme keto diets, fruitarian stuff, slamming aspirin or vitamin K2, dipping themselves in ice baths or saunas...

These are just arbitrary examples, obviously. Just trying to get the point across that we're talking about a study on an indigenous tribe... Not a group of 400 random people in a first world country who have an ability to order all kinds of specialty goods from all over the world and live in extremely varied ways.

boris

That's not even 1% of the population that lived over 55.
The study and the article say nothing about the longevity of the population. I don't see how you come to your conclusions.

They are just talking about the people participating in the study (400 persons age 25-55) ;). It was not claimed to be a representation of all age groups.

Last edited:

baccheion

You can live on just raw whole milk (and added magnesium/chocolate) if enough is consumed.

As milk is a low-carb food, I'd first go through keto induction (ie, a dry fast). After, I'd add enough pints to be the minimal number of calories below maintenance. Then I'd increase by 1 pint each week until I began to gain weight.

Maybe I'd wait longer, as 0.6 lbs may not be as easy to recognize. On the other hand, consuming the same thing over and over again stabilizes against noisy fluctuations.

Once gaining weight, I'd track how long it took and lower to the number of cups that didn't cause any. I'd be tempted to check if it's mostly lean mass and continue slightly above maintenance until I filled out.

Last edited:

Cloudhands

You can live on just raw whole milk (and added magnesium/chocolate) if enough is consumed.

As milk is a low-carb food, I'd first go through keto induction (ie, a dry fast). After, I'd add enough pints to be the minimal number of calories below maintenance. Then I'd increase by 1 pint each week until I began to gain weight.

Maybe I'd wait longer, as 0.6 lbs may not be as easy to recognize. On the other hand, consuming the same thing over and over again stabilizes against noisy fluctuations.

Once gaining weight, I'd track how long it took and lower to the number of cups that didn't cause any. I'd be tempted to check if it's mostly lean mass and continue slightly above maintenance until I filled out.
But iron?

redsun

But iron?

Yes you cant live off milk alone, would eventually need iron. Also manganese probably as well as folate since its pretty low. You may live okay but not optimally on that level of folate indefinitely.

baccheion

Last edited:

Tarmander

Hey I had this same effect when I first started the milk/OJ diet!

No idea I was practicing an ethiopian ancient tradition

Back
Top Bottom