Consuming Milk Increase Your Risk for Prostate Cancer?

B

Blaze

No he doesn't. He uses the phrase "the evidence suggests," not "the evidence proves" or "the evidence establishes."
One of the qualities I admire most about Ray is that he is always careful not to overstate "evidence" and clearly has always said nothing can be "absolutely proven" by science. In a recent interview he was asked if science has ever proven anything. His answer was a no.

If you don't think him saying evidence suggests is a strong endorsement of the possibility, than you don't recognize how cautious and intellectual the man is.
In a world where rash claims are rampant, refreshing to see a man like him be careful when he draws conclusions from the available data.

Of course, if you are against my interpretation that that email quote clearly shows that he does think science suggests a prostrate cancer risk possibility from dairy products , Then, I won't belabor the point and bother you with further argument. After all, it's just 1 email quote and we could all go down the rabbit hole of pulling out 10 years of Peat quotes and selecting only the ones that prove whatever we want. I have no such goal........ I won't waste your time by doing that to you. I can respect if you interpret it differently than I.

Last edited by a moderator:

tankasnowgod

If you don't think him saying evidence suggests is a strong endorsement of the possibility,
What is a "strong endorsement of the possibility?" He's giving his approval or support to the possibility?

I think Ray doesn't give definitive answers to questions like this because definitive answers don't exist.

If you read his article Milk in Context, he seems to suggest the opposite, that milk can help prevent Prostate Cancer-

PTH (like estrogen) causes mast cells to release promoters of inflammation, including histamine and serotonin. Serotonin and nitric oxide contribute to increasing PTH secretion.

Removal of the parathyroid gland has reduced heart problems and mortality (Costa-Hong, et al., 2007) and insomnia (Esposito, et al., 2008; Sabbatini, et al., 2002) in people with kidney disease and excess PTH.

Increased carbon dioxide, for example when adapted to high altitude, can greatly decrease PTH. Frequent, but smaller, meals can reduce PTH.

Cancer cells often secrete PTH and related proteins with similar effects on calcium, and the PTH stimulates the growth and invasiveness of prostate cancer (DaSilva, et al., 2009) cells, and seems to be as closely involved with breast cancer. The PTH-related protein is associated with calcification in breast cancer (Kanbara, et al., 1994). Microscopic calcium crystals themselve produce inflammation (Denko and Whitehouse, 1976).

Besides being an ecologically favorable source of calcium, protein, sugar, and fat, the composition of milk causes it to be digested efficiently, supporting the growth of bacteria that are relatively safe for the intestine and liver, and reducing the absorption of endotoxin.

Dividing any food into smaller meals can lower the PTH, and milk is a convenient food to use in small amounts and frequently.

Some amino acids directly stimulate insulin secretion, decreasing blood sugar and leading to the secretion of cortisol in reaction to the depression of blood glucose. The presence of lactose in milk, and of fat, to slow absorption of the amino acids, helps to minimize the secretion of cortisol. The main protein of milk, casein, seems to have some direct antistress effects (Biswas, et al., 2003).

Since milk's primary biological function is to support the growth of a young animal, some of its features make it inappropriate as a sole food for an adult. To support cell division and growth, the methionine and tryptophan content of milk is higher than would be optimal for an adult animal, and the phosphate might be slightly more than needed, in relation to the calcium. Since the fetus stores a large amount of iron during gestation, the iron content of milk is low, and when a young animal has used the stored iron, its continuing growth requires more iron than milk provides. However, for an adult, the low iron content of milk and cheese makes these foods useful for preventing the iron overload that often contributes to the degenerative diseases.

Combining milk and cheese with fruits adds to the antistress effect. The additional sugar and potassium and other minerals allow the milk protein to be used more efficiently, by moderating the secretion of cortisol, and helping to inhibit the secretion of PTH.

Last edited:
B

Blaze

After reading that article section, one must conclude that Campbell perpetrated scientific fraud pushing vegan propaganda. I don't think any of the rest of his research can be trusted.
No shortage of available people to insult as we proclaim here that we have arrived and have the correct science. So ,well then, you must include him and Ansel Keyes who cherry picked the countries he used and also most vegans pushing an agenda or propaganda on youtube and dare I go on and name the multitude of people who are wrong in our opinion on the science. And judge them as frauds or charlatans or whatever.

This is a direction I find unappealing and am loath to take.
I do believe that you and the others on this forum have the most highly accurate approximation of what the real scientific truth is and that they do not.

Let others judge their souls and motives and whether or not they perpetrated scientific fraud pushing vegan propaganda.. I have enough to do trying to judge my own motives and strengthen my mind and better my own integrity.

Nobody is 100% wrong. I will take all their science and pick through it and learn what I can, and discard what I think is faulty. These people , I think are actually good people and I can live with and disagree with good people even if I don't care for their agenda.

tankasnowgod

most vegans on youtube

Ah yes, the scientific bastion that is vegans on youtube.

Youtube is science, after all.

I remember all the scientific discoveries that Psy gave us. No doubt why "Gangnam Style" has over 3.9 Billion views today.

gaze

it should also be stated, that 90% of dairy consumers currently drink milk with cereal, they eat processed cheese on pizzas, they eat carageenen cream and butter and milk and yogurt products, and most americans are pounding pufas. a lot of opportunities to throw off the correlation

B

Blaze

it should also be stated, that 90% of dairy consumers currently drink milk with cereal, they eat processed cheese on pizzas, they eat carageenen cream and butter and milk and yogurt products, and most americans are pounding pufas. a lot of opportunities to throw off the correlation
Absolutely true. Tough to find food here without all that added bad stuff like carageenen and the gums and citric acid and a myriad other weird things that don't belong in your food or body. And,the public has been successfully trained and are convinced that pufas and cereal are healthy and sugar is the devil.

tankasnowgod

And beyond that, look at the studies. Using dietary recall for the past year or two. How accurate is any of that data?

Jbird10

No shortage of available people to insult as we proclaim here that we have arrived and have the correct science. So ,well then, you must include him and Ansel Keyes who cherry picked the countries he used and also most vegans pushing an agenda or propaganda on youtube and dare I go on and name the multitude of people who are wrong in our opinion on the science. And judge them as frauds or charlatans or whatever.

This is a direction I find unappealing and am loath to take.
I do believe that you and the others on this forum have the most highly accurate approximation of what the real scientific truth is and that they do not.

Let others judge their souls and motives and whether or not they perpetrated scientific fraud pushing vegan propaganda.. I have enough to do trying to judge my own motives and strengthen my mind and better my own integrity.

Nobody is 100% wrong. I will take all their science and pick through it and learn what I can, and discard what I think is faulty. These people , I think are actually good people and I can live with and disagree with good people even if I don't care for their agenda.
Don't muddy the discussion with others on this topic. Campbell made millions promoting the opposite of what his own studies proved...fraud.

JacquelineNZ

Chris Masterjohn did some lengthy articles countering Campbell's very flawed China Study and casein.
Yes I was going to mention that going by China Study is not reluable, it has been proven flawed by many....it was distorted info with an agenda to get ppl to be vegan or vegetarian.

B

Blaze

Don't muddy the discussion with others on this topic. Campbell made millions promoting the opposite of what his own studies proved...fraud.
I put in my 2 cents.... and if you somehow think that was muddying the discussion ....I guess you deem your judgement to be better than mine when I said they have an agenda but I think that even so they are probably good people. That I will continue to examine the totality of their ideas and try as best I can to discern what science they have correct. We just disagree. Simple as that. I won’t bother saying your point of view muddies things for others and thereby disqualify you or try to silence your opinion. You are entitled to judge things and voice things as best you can. I am happy to completely support the right you have to fully express your ideas and you often make some very good points which I have enjoyed. But, I will exercise the same freedom. The kindness and mercy I show in not rushing to judgement of others is not muddying any discussion, nor will I permit you to silence me by telling me “do not muddy the discussion with others”.

That being said, I can handle your disagreement , I try and understand where it is you are coming from, and still wish you well.

Jbird10

You bring up Campbell. I address Campbell. You try to defend Campbell by not defending him by bringing up possibly dozens of other people. I was simply saying Campbell is not credible. That is not silencing anyone.

B

Blaze

You bring up Campbell. I address Campbell. You try to defend Campbell by not defending him by bringing up possibly dozens of other people. I was simply saying Campbell is not credible. That is not silencing anyone.
Don't know the man, never met him, or you, and have no emotional investment, no dog in this fight.

I quoted a well known study on his changing protein ratios. Said he's probably a good person. I have neither strongly defended him or did the opposite and strongly attacked him.
Never met him and don't know him well enough to dislike him. Just pointed out those well known protein ratios and his associated claims. Why do I try and see something good in him? It's what I do. As natural to me as breathing. We all come from a pair of common ancestors and are on some level we are all family. So, that's why I feel a connection with others,and don't rush to judgement. Like it or not, we are all connected. We get to see each others noble traits and evil traits. Warts and all ......we must love each other they say. I do always look for something good that I can love in others. Always hoping for the best. And I'm older which can be what gives me a different perspective. Maybe I'm wasting my time or maybe I'm right and It is the greatest of travesties on this earth that we can often look at each other and feel no connection, no sense of family.

I reacted (I say I reacted but maybe you would interpret it as over reacted, lol )to you telling me to "Don't muddy the discussion with others on this topic" Guess I was rebelling against just that one remark you made.

I can see and appreciate you are very passionate on this Campbell issue and strongly feel that he is totally not credible. Fair enough. Can't see how any further comments by me will be of any help to you at all. Kind of feeling like I am just nails on your chalkboard at this point, Lol. Perhaps we can end this with polite disaccord and move on........

schultz

I guess we will see if Ray gets prostate cancer considering he says he drank a gallon of milk daily on average for 35 years, and probably about 3 litres for the last 10 years maybe?

Good points. Most cereals have added reduced iron as well. It's actually probably pretty rare for a person to consume milk frequently without cereal. Maybe latte drinkers?

Steve

I guess we will see if Ray gets prostate cancer considering he says he drank a gallon of milk daily on average for 35 years, and probably about 3 litres for the last 10 years maybe?

Good points. Most cereals have added reduced iron as well. It's actually probably pretty rare for a person to consume milk frequently without cereal. Maybe latte drinkers?
I don't think you would ever know because I get the impression he would never go to a doctor to get tested for it.
I'm a bit terrified of prostate cancer since my dad had it, so I wish I wouldn't have read this thread.

Jbird10

Maybe this another reason why Peat mentions low fat milk instead of full fat whole milk?

schultz

I don't think you would ever know because I get the impression he would never go to a doctor to get tested for it.
I'm a bit terrified of prostate cancer since my dad had it, so I wish I wouldn't have read this thread.

Yah that might be true actually. We probably wouldn't find out.

JamesGatz

My Experience:
(Regular Cow's Milk) (A1) = slight prostate pain, regardless if it's cheese, or different brands
(A2 Milk) = no prostate pain/discomfort whatsoever, I also feel my DHT levels are a lot higher vs A1

From my experience I would say there's more to it than just milk and that casein may play a larger role in this, but just a theory for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals