Consumer Notification: Simply Progesterone Crystallization

Have you found crystals in your Simply Progesterone serum Lot #370122

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

healthnatura

The previous post has been revised to the following consumer notification. Please note that the product is perfectly safe and you may continue to use it.

1/19/1216
RE: Simply Progesterone Consumer Notification.
Lot #370122
Total number of units sold that are affected: 18

Dear Valued Customer,

Our records indicate that you may have received a less than perfect batch of Simply Progesterone with the lot #370122. Due to a formulation flaw described in detail below, you may continue to safely use the product, request a replacement or a refund. The replacement product will a stable batch free of the defect. Not all units are experiencing this problem and yours may be unaffected.

The product is perfectly safe but may be partially out of solution, creating crystals or a gritty feel to the oil. As a result you may experience the following problems:
  • Clogging of the dropper.

• Potentially inconsistent dose per drop.

• Gritty feel to the texture of the product.
This product is intended to be a fully dissolved, super saturated solution of progesterone making it one of the most effective products on the market. Unfortunately, that is not the case with this batch making it more of an average product that is less effective than intended.

What is the difference?
An oil or cream suspension is where the progesterone is a fine powder suspended in a base with no attempt to dissolve the product into that base. As a result the product will have a creamy or opaque appearance, they are usually very thick or may require shaking prior to use to yield a consistent dose.

This flawed batch of Simply Progesterone is essentially a crystallized suspension and consequently is not as advertised.

What your product should be.
Simply Progesterone is an oil solution where the progesterone is fully dissolved in the base creating a translucent product with a smooth feel. This reduces the size of the active ingredient, significantly enhancing the absorption rate, and effectiveness of the product. This is what Simply Progesterone is supposed to be.

Why this happened.
Lot #370122 is the initial release batch of Simply Progesterone. This product is a super saturated solution in an oil base, whose formulation can be tricky. In this instance it became unstable causing it to crystallize and partially fall out of solution. The small scale trial formulations did not present this flaw, however, the larger production batch did. The flaw did not present until after the standard quality control hold time subsequently the flaw was not discovered till after release.

What we are doing to resolve the problem.
As always Health Natura, llc strives for perfection in all of our formulas. Since the release of this batch we have continued trials and larger batch testing of variations on the original formula. The flaw has been corrected by increasing the mixed tocopherol content which has produced a stable solution resistant to temperature fluctuations.

Your options.
  • You may safely continue to use the product you have, just be sure to shake it well. If the dropper should clog, submerging the bottle in near boiling hot water for a few minuets and then shaking well should clear the problem.
  • You may request a replacement at no additional expense to you.
  • You may request a refund.
Again, Simply Progesterone Lot #370122 is perfectly safe and poses no potential harm to your health.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for this occurrence and any inconvenience this may have caused. In twenty years of business this is the first recall my business has had to make. You can be assured that your health and the quality of our products is my highest priority.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me via phone 205-758-3373 or email [email protected]. When contacting me via email please reference this product and lot #370122 in the subject line.

Sincerely,

Peter C. Kassner, NMD
Owner, chief formulator
Phone: 205-758-3373 Email: [email protected]

P.S. If you have not experienced the problem above please let me know so that further research can be done to determine if this flaw is limited or triggered by environmental conditions your product was exposed to.

P.C.K.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I have some from that batch number and did notice the dropper would easily clog but that didn't seem to change the effectiveness and in fact some hot flashes I'd started having recently improved from using simply progesterone. I just now put some in the palm of my hand and could feel a bit of a grainy texture but couldn't see any visible crystals. I know healthnatura is located in a warmer climate than where I live so I just figured it was the change in temperature causing the issue. Thanks for the update! I appreciate you being proactive and honest!

J

jb116

what are we looking for while shaking? In other words what tells you definitively that there are crystals in a particular bottle?

OP
healthnatura

healthnatura

Bossom,
Thanks so much for your feedback. It is encouraging to know that you are seeing positive results even with the flawed product.

OP
healthnatura

healthnatura

After you shake the bottle squeeze out a few drops, it should feel smooth. If there is a gritty/granular feel your bottle has crystals in it. You may also experience clogging of the tip.

T

tca300

@healthnatura Sorry if this has been asked, but about how much vitamin E is in your simply progesterone per drop? Thanks!

OP
healthnatura

healthnatura

Great question. The content of mixed tocopherols per drop is 0.009965 milligrams.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals