Constipation

SamYo123

perastalisis is slow it seems I don’t get a full emptying , ***t is all broken up nuggets/popcorn not quite the pebbles…

Tried a fiber diet
Tried zero fiber diet
Tried cascara
Tried carrot salad, bamboo shoots and mushrooms
Tried doxycycline
Tried activated charcoal
Tried magnesium oxide and citrate

Duno what to do now

Reemaway

perastalisis is slow it seems I don’t get a full emptying , ***t is all broken up nuggets/popcorn not quite the pebbles…

Tried a fiber diet
Tried zero fiber diet
Tried cascara
Tried doxycycline
Tried activated charcoal

Duno what to do now
In the same boat...actually think that’s another reason why it’s causing so many digestive/mental issues for me. Going to try castor oil as I’ve searched the forums and came across it. Hoping it lubricates the insides, softens, eventually making it easier to pass. Some folks apparently use castor oil daily, and have seen hair growth and improvements in arthritis.

Reemaway

In the same boat...actually think that’s another reason why it’s causing so many digestive/mental issues for me. Going to try castor oil as I’ve searched the forums and came across it. Hoping it lubricates the insides, softens, eventually making it easier to pass. Some folks apparently use castor oil daily, and have seen hair growth and improvements in arthritis.
Well....took 2 - CVS bottles of castor oil. Gagged and almost vomited.....but gulped it down. Still gagging having flashbacks. Drank atleast 16oz water afterwards. 2 hours later....Waterfalls. Liquid paste then a lot of diarrhea. Would so prefer diarrhea to the constipation. Definitely a good quick fix, but I’m still gonna try and find out a long term solution for such slow motility :/

freyasam

I've tried all the above and nothing works for me either. I've tried various brands of cascara. There doesn't seem to be a Peat approved remedy for severe chronic constipation. The carrot salad, cascara etc only work for milder constipation.

Ben.

someone will be commenting thiamin and nicotinamide can/will help.

Personally, increasing salt intake makes my transit time fast ... to fast. 1-2 teaspoon with 1-2 glasses of water.

OP
S

SamYo123

The thing is if I can in get a good bowl movement its only like a fluke it will eventually go back to constipation..

mamakitty

Tried a fiber diet
Tried zero fiber diet
Tried cascara
Tried doxycycline
Tried activated charcoal

Duno what to do now
+1 as I suffer from literally the same problem. The only difference is that magnesium oxide reliably works for me every time. It takes about 6-10 hours to work, but I have to be diligent about it. As soon as I notice I have gone more than a day without a bowel movement, I quickly take the magnesium oxide. If I am too busy to notice, there’s always ALWAYS hell to pay. I will not go into details to save people from tmi, and to preserve my ladylike sensibilities.
Anyway, the dosage I use is 1500 - 2000 mg. and 3000 if it’s a really bad day.
Another thing that works is salt flush in the morning on an empty stomach.

Both of these “solutions” are not healthy imo, so I’m really looking for good input on this thread. This has been a decades long issue for me, and I’m really hoping for a miracle cure.

mamakitty

Well....took 2 - CVS bottles of castor oil. Gagged and almost vomited.....but gulped it down. Still gagging having flashbacks. Drank atleast 16oz water afterwards. 2 hours later....Waterfalls. Liquid paste then a lot of diarrhea. Would so prefer diarrhea to the constipation. Definitely a good quick fix, but I’m still gonna try and find out a long term solution for such slow motility :/
Isn’t that way way too much? I don’t think that’s healthy

Reemaway

Isn’t that way way too much? I don’t think that’s healthy
Yes...go with one bottle or half a bottle and wait a few hours. I was desperate and was feeling terrible. Needed a quick fix as I had to go to work in the morning.

Reemaway

+1 as I suffer from literally the same problem. The only difference is that magnesium oxide reliably works for me every time. It takes about 6-10 hours to work, but I have to be diligent about it. As soon as I notice I have gone more than a day without a bowel movement, I quickly take the magnesium oxide. If I am too busy to notice, there’s always ALWAYS hell to pay. I will not go into details to save people from tmi, and to preserve my ladylike sensibilities.
Anyway, the dosage I use is 1500 - 2000 mg. and 3000 if it’s a really bad day.
Another thing that works is salt flush in the morning on an empty stomach.

Both of these “solutions” are not healthy imo, so I’m really looking for good input on this thread. This has been a decades long issue for me, and I’m really hoping for a miracle cure.
Too much magnesium oxide for constipation causes many problems for me in the long run. Developed hypermagnesemia.

Salt water flushes work but cause am insane amount of water bloating/retention.

Going to experiment with cayenne pepper supplements , as I’ve noticed when I eat spicy food, I become less constipated, psoriasis gets a breather, and warms me up.

mamakitty

Too much magnesium oxide for constipation causes many problems for me in the long run. Developed hypermagnesemia.

Salt water flushes work but cause am insane amount of water bloating/retention.

Going to experiment with cayenne pepper supplements , as I’ve noticed when I eat spicy food, I become less constipated, psoriasis gets a breather, and warms me up.
Wow, thanks for posting the hypermagnesia link! I had no idea, and I gotta be careful because I had postpartum proteinuia :(
It seems like I must find a better solution asap. I do remember doing coconut and/or olive oil in hot water first thing in the morning about a decade ago. It kept me regular for a while, but I don’t think it works when you’re already constipated.

Now that you mentioned spicy food helping your constipation, it’s true for me too but spicy food actually gives me the runs. If I ever have indian, which is rare because I don’t like heat, I reliably get diarrhoea afterwards.

OP
S

SamYo123

Eggs = gas
Carrot salad = gas
Oats = gas
Most fruits = gas
Most veg = has

Gas arrives between 6-8 hours..

why?

mamakitty

Eggs = gas
Carrot salad = gas
Oats = gas
Most fruits = gas
Most veg = has

why?

Seems like fibre is giving you gas, and in the case of eggs, it could be your gut reacting to albumin or something. I think a lot of people here would point to gut issues. I’m interested to see what people recommend.

Reemaway

Wow, thanks for posting the hypermagnesia link! I had no idea, and I gotta be careful because I had postpartum proteinuia :(
It seems like I must find a better solution asap. I do remember doing coconut and/or olive oil in hot water first thing in the morning about a decade ago. It kept me regular for a while, but I don’t think it works when you’re already constipated.

Now that you mentioned spicy food helping your constipation, it’s true for me too but spicy food actually gives me the runs. If I ever have indian, which is rare because I don’t like heat, I reliably get diarrhoea afterwards.
No worries! Please be careful! In the past I’ve had a bad habit of over-supplementing, which I’m paying the price for now and trying to cleanse in a way. I see a lot of stuff constantly being recommended on this forum in large quantities, but most don’t think about the long term effects or how they are causing dependency. Always research the negatives and toxicity levels associated with anything you are taking, look at studies in other countries as well. Of course, a mega dose of something might work for you now, but in the long run can cause problems. I strongly feel the human body does not need so much laxative support from supplements or over the counter stuff. Will mess with the body’s natural cycle as well. Figuring out natural ways, macro/micro, herbs, and food balancing, will result in a positive, natural feedback from your body on what’s working and what isn’t. It’s interesting how some people I’ve come across who eat like crap, go to the bathroom with ease, don’t seem unhealthy lol. Wish I had their gut microbiome argh.

Yes, I feel like there is a fine line of not going overboard with the spice. That’s why I’m going to try cayenne pepper supplements to manage the dosage based of the effects I encounter. Being constipated most of my life and times, I would rather have diarrhea lol.

Reemaway

Eggs = gas
Carrot salad = gas
Oats = gas
Most fruits = gas
Most veg = has

why?
Same here! Low fodmap foods have been a lifesaver. Potatoes, kale soup, spinach, raisins, some dried dates, lean meats/fish, juices, oranges, pears, etc. Eggs when digested, are very high in two proteins, globulin and keratin. When globulin begins to decay, a toxic chemical is released that's called hydrogen sulfide, which has that very potent sulfur smell. ... Both of these proteins release that sulfurous smell, resulting in an odorous gas. Eat foods that don’t ferment. Going dairy free helped me big time, as dairy can be a big trigger. Elimination diet in a nutshell

mamakitty

No worries! Please be careful! In the past I’ve had a bad habit of over-supplementing, which I’m paying the price for now and trying to cleanse in a way. I see a lot of stuff constantly being recommended on this forum in large quantities, but most don’t think about the long term effects or how they are causing dependency. Always research the negatives and toxicity levels associated with anything you are taking, look at studies in other countries as well. Of course, a mega dose of something might work for you now, but in the long run can cause problems. I strongly feel the human body does not need so much laxative support from supplements or over the counter stuff. Will mess with the body’s natural cycle as well. Figuring out natural ways, macro/micro, herbs, and food balancing, will result in a positive, natural feedback from your body on what’s working and what isn’t. It’s interesting how some people I’ve come across who eat like crap, go to the bathroom with ease, don’t seem unhealthy lol. Wish I had their gut microbiome argh.

Yes, I feel like there is a fine line of not going overboard with the spice. That’s why I’m going to try cayenne pepper supplements to manage the dosage based of the effects I encounter. Being constipated most of my life and times, I would rather have diarrhea lol.
Yeah I totally agree with you, we cannot rely on laxatives for so long. I really do wish I can find a real and permanent solution to this. I think it’s also related to bile flow, which is why coconut or olive oil can help.

And I also agree with rather have diarrhoea than constipation, believe me, I have had some of the worst times of my life on the damn toilet. There had been times I was crying and suddenly praying for help lol the constipation has turned me religious I tell ya!

Reemaway

“Dairy can be a big trigger” in what way? How?
Unfortunately the only thing that really helped my constipation was going dairy free...and lowering red meat and most grains....increasing fruits and some veg, Lean meats. I try to get my calcium from boiling leafy greens like kale and drinking that. Helped me become somewhat regular in the restroom as well. many Chinese medicine docs I’ve spoked to told me about how dairy can mess with hormonal pathways, arterial functions, and detox pathways...and almost all agreed that adults should minimize consumption. Everyone is different, but perhaps taking a small break won’t hurt. Try warm milk as cold milk can really cause blockage by hindering blood flow. One of my buds only drinks goat milk as all other milk causes gas and bloating for him. Everyone’s mircobiome, enzyme production, and processing cofactors are different. Experiment

Reemaway

Yeah I totally agree with you, we cannot rely on laxatives for so long. I really do wish I can find a real and permanent solution to this. I think it’s also related to bile flow, which is why coconut or olive oil can help.

And I also agree with rather have diarrhoea than constipation, believe me, I have had some of the worst times of my life on the damn toilet. There had been times I was crying and suddenly praying for help lol the constipation has turned me religious I tell ya!
Lmao, I feel ya. I got into bile research and tried it myself. Ox bile did nothing unfortunately either. Olive oil was better than coconut oil at internal lubrication. I was taking a tablespoon or half of it of olive oil before meals, which worked, but then after some time stopped working :( Still use it in cooking and think it’s a prestigious oil with tons of benefits.

Deep breathing and letting the stomach free when breathing helped my motility. Surprisingly, a lot people, including me, hold in their stomach without knowing, because they are so used to it and have been doing it for so long.

May we all find what works for us, Amen lol. Some of the best promises I made to God were in the bathroom. I shall never forget. Keep up the hope and faith and all will be well in due time :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals