Constipation

Jing

How do you fix constipation without things like cascara which just cause diarrhea?

L

Lord Cola

I'm seeing some improvement with increased protein, a bit more than 150 grams a day.

Donnea

This sounds to easy to be true, but it actually works. Upon waking, drink a whole cup of hot water in one go. As hot as you can muster. It will usually make you go within 30 min. If you are really plugged up, make that hot salt water.

OP
J

Jing

This sounds to easy to be true, but it actually works. Upon waking, drink a whole cup of hot water in one go. As hot as you can muster. It will usually make you go within 30 min. If you are really plugged up, make that hot salt water.
I drink warm water when I wake up never tried really hot but is this something I would have to do all the time ? Because I want to actually cure this issue.

Donnea

I drink warm water when I wake up never tried really hot but is this something I would have to do all the time ? Because I want to actually cure this issue.
I think what you need to do is help it along for a while, while you work on healing your metabolism.

Donnea

How do I heal metabolism?
I think that is why most of us ended up reading Ray Peat articles.
I’d read and follow Peat principles.
Eating enough nutrients. Liver is a big one for me. Even though I hate it. Tracking pulse and temp was also very helpful, and adding progesterone. The carrot salad (I just eat a carrot as it is instead of making the salad). Having carbs with protein etc. Depending on your situation, you might benefit from antibiotics or something like camposal. The latter helps kill off bacteria but can also plug u up, so I would take it with something that helps bowel movements as well.
For me, eating cooked food rather than raw helps. Cooked apples was always the great soother for me when I had digestive issues. Sometimes I would just eat cooked apples for days in a row. I stayed away from raw fiborous food like salads, except for the carrot.

OP
J

Jing

1. SIBO, IBS, and Constipation: Unrecognized Thiamine Deficiency? by Elliot Overton

2. Using a NAD Precursor like niacinamide (B3) to restore energy production in the GI tract.

3. Magnesium.
Have taken up to 6 grams thiamine hcl with no effect and taken atleast 3 grams daily for weeks, 800mg daily of magnesium aswell for weeks and have taken niacinamide atleast 300mg never notice anything from them. Have also taken 7 grams of niacinamide in one dose before never noticed anything. Also used 3 grams of benfothiamine.

youngsinatra

Have taken up to 6 grams thiamine hcl with no effect and taken atleast 3 grams daily for weeks, 800mg daily of magnesium aswell for weeks and have taken niacinamide atleast 300mg never notice anything from them. Have also taken 7 grams of niacinamide in one dose before never noticed anything. Also used 3 grams of benfothiamine.
Oh interesting!

Donnea

Have you tried acupuncture to address slow digestion? What do you normally eat? Do you walk or do any type of exercise?

OP
J

Jing

Have you tried acupuncture to address slow digestion? What do you normally eat? Do you walk or do any type of exercise?
Had acupuncture in my legs once, I walk everyday for hour or two. Eating has been all over the place recently I've posted foods I eat on here a few times on other threads

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals