CONSTIPATION

iLoveSugar

I need help with something that will make my bowel movements soft and easy. I have the urge to go daily, and do for the most part, but always dry and very straining.

Cascara only helps with the urge to go and doesn't help with softening, so that's not a suggestion.

NodeCerebri

I don’t know if you tried it already, but magnesium is the most reliable thing in most cases.

TradClare

Nothing has helped me like drinking Chinese "dieter's tea". It's in a green box and contains Chinese Mellow and Senna Leaf. I steep a bag in the evening for several minutes (sometimes until it's barely warm when I forget about it). I have to order it online but I used to see it in the grocery store in other places I've lived. Anyway, I've been using it a couple months and it is still working great. With Cascara, that only helped me for about a week and became ineffective. Tons of magnesium also work but it's just less convenient for me than drinking an herbal tea which I would do anyway. My whole life I have tended to constipation and I sure wish I'd known about this tea when I was younger. (fwiw I have tried senna capsules a few times and they didn't work)

x3britt45

Look into Dr. miller’s detox tea. Has helped me tremendously, with ongoing constipation.

I need help with something that will make my bowel movements soft and easy. I have the urge to go daily, and do for the most part, but always dry and very straining.

Cascara only helps with the urge to go and doesn't help with softening, so that's not a suggestion.
A smoothie with frozen pineapple, mango & water does wonders, especially drinking it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I am making it a "regular" part of my daily routine, pun intended ?

Hans

Forum Supporter

Cocoa powder, gelatin, saturated fat (from ground beef), kiwi and starch free diet works great. Milk/dairy can be constipating for some people.

A few things that can lower methane producing bacteria are coriander, allicin, coconut oil, squalamine, undecylenate, atrantil and ginger.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

In another post, you mentioned potatoes helped you. Is that the only starch?

Apple

I wish Indian folk shared more yoga expirence on this forum. (yoga is very Peaty - their traditional diet is milk and fruits)
If I don't have Casacara Sagrada in stock, Agnisara Dhauti is very helpful :

Vins7

Cocoa powder, gelatin, saturated fat (from ground beef), kiwi and starch free diet works great. Milk/dairy can be constipating for some people.

A few things that can lower methane producing bacteria are coriander, allicin, coconut oil, squalamine, undecylenate, atrantil and ginger.
How could help gelatin and cocoa powder to fix constipation?

steel_reserve

How long did your constipation and digestive tract start to improve after you quit gluten?
Did you quit all starches or only gluten?
The next day it was 100%.

Two days layer I had some kind of sebum release. I felt so oily all over that I had to take another shower

Blossom

Forum Supporter

I almost hate to say it but Florassist GI with Phage Technology worked within 12 hours of the first dose for me. I don’t know if it would work the same for everyone though.

Hans

Forum Supporter
How could help gelatin and cocoa powder to fix constipation?
Both can modulate the gut positively. I've found it to be helpful for myself. It's most evident when I eat stew with broth and soft cartilage, and lesser so with a cup of bone broth.