Constipation

iLoveSugar

What is the best way to combat this? Cascara does seem to do much after 3 days? I follow Peat 100%.

leo

When you all mention 'cascara" are you referring to cascara sagrada?? It is supposed to help with constipation?

I am having constipation as well. I am assuming that with so much liquid there is not much to eliminate, but I would like to go back to my morning session on the 'throne' which was quick and painless. ha tmi

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Yes, it does help for a couple days, but then I return to being constipated. I, also would like to be going normal again.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Raise metabolic rate, more thyroid.

aquaman

You can keep using Cascara regularly - Ray mentions its use as much for removing endotoxins as for constipation in one of the audio interviews.

200mg of powder made into tea, leave the powder, drink the liquid...you don't need lots of it.

jyb

I've been using 1/4 to 1/2 a teaspoon daily for the last two weeks. I think it's a lot more than what people use for constipation. I have at the same time as carrot salad. Carrot might be sufficient if you only have mild delay in transit time.

pboy

Charlie said:
Raise metabolic rate, more thyroid.

A high energy, healthy diet alone makes drastic improvements. Honestly, coffee or pretty much any bitter helps (add some salt, and 1-2cups water). If you really need to you could go to prunes, figs, or actually most fruit as they retain moisture all the way through the colon and help push stuff out. Using fruit as a laxative is pretty uncomfortable though cause its kinda like mild diareaah, or at the least watery and gassy, but getting stuff out is better than keeping it in. Also, whenever your not working or under stress (basically whenever you can comfortably use the bathroom)...those are the crucial times not to hold anything and let it out as soon as you feel an urge

OP
I

iLoveSugar

My digestion is extremely slow. It makes me feel worthless all day and my system is sluggish. Getting stuff out is very difficult and never relieving. I eat quite a bit of salt, drink coffee, OJ, etc. Cascara doesn't do much either, if at all.

pboy

are you possibly uncomfortable in the area of your bathroom? Like not wanting to embarrass a spouse, having to wait in line, or feeling like you have to hurry? Those can all subconsciously trigger a holding mechanism. Open your jaw as wide as you can, bend forward like youre trying to touch your toes, twist side to side, and take the deepest breath you can and hold it a few seconds...I wish you relief, I know exactly how you feel, that was me like a year ago. Walking or any movement helps loosen things as well

like I said...prunes / pomegranates / figs to some extent will definatly cause a movement, even slippery elm bark, but it isn't exactly pleasant

HDD

There are a few ideas in this thread like Epsom salt baths. I think Jenn uses Epsom salt internally at times. Magnesium citrate can be very effective. I would use very small amount at first if you try it.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=195&start=10

Carrot salad or bamboo shoots? In that thread, someone posted that bamboo shoots were more effective than carrot salad.

gretchen

Nothing else has improved for me on this diet except my bowels.... Make sure to have the carrot regularly, sugar and salt at breakfast (as in something like anti-stress milk) and also coffee plus an aspirin or two. I go up to 3 times a day some days.

Giraffe

The picture is taken from the book"Charming Bowels" by Giulia Enders. Enders had been suffering gut releated health issues since childhood (allergies, wounds that would not heal ...) She experimented a lot, and - I think - she found her way out. She studied medicine and is researching gut flora.

So what's the picture to do with constipation?

Enders claims that constipation only occurs in countries where people do their business sitting on a kind of stool, while the more natural position (anatomy-wise) is the squatting position. (Please note that the person on the picture is leaning forward. The feet rest on a stool.)

I have not read the book. A friend showed me picture. We both do not suffer from constipation, but we can confirm that things work with greater ease in the squatting position.

Attachments

• Darm mit Charme.GIF
    Darm mit Charme.GIF
    13.5 KB · Views: 664
Last edited:

Giraffe

PrePeat it was three (solid) meals per day. At the moment I am more or less eating all day. Sometimes I eat just a few bites and continue half an hour or an hour later. - Why did you aks?

dlind70

Potassium foods. If all else fail s go for foods with potassium and manganese. You need those to clear the intestines

Memento

Potassium foods. If all else fail s go for foods with potassium and manganese. You need those to clear the intestines

Thats interesting. Mussels give me often diarrhea, I thought it had more to do with their questionable quality or something else, but they do seem to have 7x rda of manganese with the amount I eat.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals