Constipation Yet Again

Green Dot

I'll be buying t3 soon, since hypothyroidism is the probable cause.

I recently started supplementing vit D3 10k IU though.

Diet wise, about half a gallon of 1% milk daily, couple cups of fruit juice, 2-3 eggs, 1-2 Mexican cokes, pork rinds, ground beef sometimes and a raw carrot.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this issue, preferably without supplementing thyroid? I'll buy some either way though.

Vileplume

Minerals. The ones not guaranteed by your diet are magnesium and sodium, and if you're hypothyroid, your body does not retain minerals very well.

OP
Green Dot

Green Dot

Minerals. The ones not guaranteed by your diet are magnesium and sodium, and if you're hypothyroid, your body does not retain minerals very well.
Magnesium? Forgot to include that I also drink a strong cup of coffee every morning (500mg of caffeine and plenty of sugar and milk of course)

I also salt my food according to my appetite, so I'm not too sure about mineral deficiencies

kaybb

I'll be buying t3 soon, since hypothyroidism is the probable cause.

I recently started supplementing vit D3 10k IU though.

Diet wise, about half a gallon of 1% milk daily, couple cups of fruit juice, 2-3 eggs, 1-2 Mexican cokes, pork rinds, ground beef sometimes and a raw carrot.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this issue, preferably without supplementing thyroid? I'll buy some either way though.
I agree on the magnesium. It’s the best remedy... easy and safe

P

Peatness

If you are supplementing that much vitamin d and getting plenty of calcium without magnesium you will be constipated. As @Vileplume say it's likely sodium and magnesium are missing from you diet. Eggs can cause constipation in some people. Your diet also looks high in phosphate.

OP
Green Dot

Green Dot

If you are supplementing that much vitamin d and getting plenty of calcium without magnesium you will be constipated.
I see, is coffee not a good source of magnesium though? I drink a pretty strong cup of coffee daily.
Your diet also looks high in phosphate.
Here's my crono stats.
1634230805872.png

P

Peatness

Thanks. via supplement, right?
With that much calcium and vitamin d you are going to need a lot of magnesium at least 1000mg. Leaf greens are good but they are problematic for some due to oxalate or carotene. I am not sure anyone has managed to raise their magnesium without adding nonpeaty foods such as nuts. I've recently started adding some magnesium carbonate to my orange juice. I also use idealabs mag oil

youngsinatra

10K IU D3 + 3 grams calcium is overkill. I would drop the D3 and add in magnesium glycinate and keep the dairy the same.

Do you have other symptoms besides constipation? This could be helpful for determining the right direction.

OP
Green Dot

Green Dot

With that much calcium and vitamin d you are going to need a lot of magnesium at least 1000mg. Leaf greens are good but they are problematic for some due to oxalate or carotene. I am not sure anyone has managed to raise their magnesium without adding nonpeaty foods such as nuts. I've recently started adding some magnesium carbonate to my orange juice. I also use idealabs mag oil
+1
Do you have other symptoms besides constipation? This could be helpful for determining the right direction.
I had a headache yesterday and my undereye area has gotten slightly darker lately, that may be due to my poor sleep though.

Jasjeet

You need to drink more water, and remember the salt (quarter teaspoon salt per quart of water). Your colon is taking away water that the body needs, especially brain.

ALS

I had a headache yesterday and my undereye area has gotten slightly darker lately, that may be due to my poor sleep though.

Potassium will clear the dark circles at times.

rhythmvortex

Mushrooms with olive oil salt and vinegar, 1 kiwi fruit per day, Cascara last thing before bed. no starch, if all else fails wheat bran as well

Phosphor

I didn't see water intake mentioned. The most common cause of constipation is chronic dehydration; because it is chronic, the person does not feel thirsty. The standard recommendation is 1 oz of water per 2# of body weight. For me, that is not enough because I live in the desert. Likely would be enough if I lived in humidity. If you have not "tried hydrating" for a good two weeks straight, you do not know if it is a factor. You also need to replace X2 with water all your caffeinated liquid intake, which includes the coffee and the cokes. That's going to be a significant increase in water intake, and I bet you'll be surprised at the outcome.

nigma

Came in here to suggest magnesium. I like the malate form.

Also water through out the day.