Constipation after working out

member11823

Hey there,
I've noticed that I get constipated after working out. I'm hydrating a lot (probably need to add salt in water) and still get constipated the day after exercising.

jet9

Hey there,
I've noticed that I get constipated after working out. I'm hydrating a lot (probably need to add salt in water) and still get constipated the day after exercising.
Are you getting enough carbs? (i know it's ray peat forum but still)
I exercise every day 2 times (20 min in morning and 10 min in evening) and if go too low on carbs or too high on protein i can get constipated.
Fruits work well to keep me regular.

ivy

If your workout is stressful, it will have a negative impact on smooth muscles (bowels included). You should monitor whether after waking up or after a pleasurable activity you notice any different results. If so, you'll know what needs change.

pro marker

Hey there,
funny you posted this. im now eating right after doing stomach exercises. my gut sounds like a building collapsing.

Guacamayo

That happens to me after I go jogging - even 20 minutes.

For me, jogging is a bigger stressor than gym workouts.

It always feels like oxygen isn't properly moving around my body...and my body feels "empty" (for lack of a better word) throughout the day and into the next.

I'm guessing that your workouts leave you seriously out of breath for a considerable amount of time.

That makes it a big stressor on your metabolism.

In a compromised health state, you don't want anything that stresses your body even more.

Try making your workouts much lighter and shorter.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals