Conor McGregors Nutritional Coach A Possible Peatarian?

You think Rhonda is a fraud? She had nice discussions going with Dave Attia as well. Joe being king bro I'll admit np.

Kahn didn't even challenge high fat or low carb. He was totally focused on saturated fat and dietary cholesterol, which is silly.

Well I don't think they're silly. He goes by the idea that the optimal amount is "as low as possible" and the difference from 0 to 1 egg is very much significant. No one says that in the blogosphere because they're all caught up quoting studies in unhealthy people eating more eggs.

That said, I'd have liked more PUFA-related biochemistry, but the medical consensus isn't there. It's going to take a long time for the health authorities to admit that they goofed at the PUFA level, and the whole grain thing too. My intuition is all of these should be kept low, whatever Rogan's guests have to say ;)

Hazarlar

Take a dude like Masterjohn who’s probably never lifted a dumbbell - claims gelatin (or was it glycine) is going to yield massive muscle gains. Nerds all day on fat fueled muscles. On anabolic liposoluble vitamins. Probably has some XYZ randomized controlled trial to back up his claims, never ever acknowledging how unhealthy their “healthy” subjects are.

1) Chris Masterjohn works out a lot and seriously.

2) He is not fat-fueled but very balanced. https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/wp-c...te-Cronometer-Report-for-Chris-Masterjohn.pdf

There was also a thread about it in RPF.

3) Glycine being anabolic is a thread in here also.

Glycine Is Directly Anabolic AND Anticatabolic For The Muscle

well, he would benefit from some coaching then, because I had way better results, very fast, than whatever he's been doing. Couldn't tell he works out.

A quick critique:
- That much fat isn't balanced at all. Unless he were 240lbs and lean. I'd halve them all.
- Some of his micro nutrients ratios are off as well. I happen to be 210 and very lean, and have decent numbers at the gym (although I just failed a 350lbs front squat, dammit).
- Going by his hairline, there clearly is a degree of inflammation and follicle atrophy going on. The man is bald in 2019. Terrible iron:zinc ratio. Terrible calcium:phosphorus ratio.
I don't know what the sources are, anyhow some of those absolute amounts are way over the top for a man of his frame. So, I'll stand by my previous post on him. Surprising that he isn't getting fatter with all the unnecessary food.

Regarding glycine, he pushes it around the workout. I'm saying it doesn't matter that much. What you want when you're working out is sodium and sugar (fruits!), plus some complete source of protein depending on the nature of the workout. Or fat, if you're fully aerobic. Granted, a complete source of protein packs some glycine. But there's more to the story than some nutritionism.

It happens that the "bro" coach in JRE explains some of this very well even though his vocabulary is annoying.

SolRosenberg

I wonder why he would recommend dextrose plus fructose rather than just sucrose?
I believe it’s so more carbs are assimilated into the muscle quicker as they use different pathways. Also liver preferentially takes fructose IIRC.

That’s my take too, Olive. And also some athletes have GI distress with sucrose.

As for the inclusion of fructose, it tends to halt lipolysis, which is not necessarily a bad post training recovery. Because if de novo lipogenesis happens to occur it will likely occur in the intramuscular fat more so than visceral or subcutaneous regions.

D Man

Got a time stamp for when they start discussing nutrition?

I would really love if Rogan would get someone on to talk about nutrition other than the normal guests who confirm his keto bull****
amen to that Brother ... amen to that

What I’ve noticed about him, rich roll etc etc is that when they bring someone who deviates from THEIR diet they become dismissive or almost unwelcome

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom