Connection Between Liver Dysfunction & Hypothyroidism

Amber

Hi guys,

If everyone here with hypothyroidism could comment if they also have liver issues (dysfunction in any way).

I am 99% sure most hypothyroidism is caused by liver dysfunction but i’m not convinced yet.

Any ideas etc are welcome, too.

Zpol

Yes. I have liver dysfunction and hypothyroid. Inflammation causes bile to get sludgy and in some cases bile ducts can be destroyed. The poor bile flow prevents the liver from detox actions and then, endotoxin, estrogen, pathogens get recirculated in the system causing more systemic issues.

tara

AIUI, if the liver is not functioning well, it doesn't do as well at converting T4 to T3, as well as its myriad other functions.

Tansia

Yes. I have liver dysfunction and hypothyroid. Inflammation causes bile to get sludgy and in some cases bile ducts can be destroyed. The poor bile flow prevents the liver from detox actions and then, endotoxin, estrogen, pathogens get recirculated in the system causing more systemic issues.
How did you fixed it? Thyroid or sth else?

Zpol

How did you fixed it? Thyroid or sth else?
I haven't quite fixed it yet. This info comes my latest research, I still have to implement it. I do my best to understand the biochemistry of it all but I got most my inspiration and understanding from RP's podcasts and articles on digestion and also a great deal from Dr. Kelly Halderson (just google her, she's got lots available on the internet and some helpful documents you can download and discuss with your own doctor).

Tansia

I haven't quite fixed it yet. This info comes my latest research, I still have to implement it. I do my best to understand the biochemistry of it all but I got most my inspiration and understanding from RP's podcasts and articles on digestion and also a great deal from Dr. Kelly Halderson (just google her, she's got lots available on the internet and some helpful documents you can download and discuss with your own doctor).
Thanks for the info. I will Google her. I've only tried Ray's diet so far, but it seems that with liver issues I've got a problem metabolizing fructose. Now I eat more starch and I feel better on it.

LLight

The poor bile flow prevents the liver from detox actions and then, endotoxin, estrogen, pathogens get recirculated in the system causing more systemic issues.

Fluid restriction could:
  1. Increase vasopressin which seems to be linked to bile flow;
  2. Activate the Liver X Receptor (through CYP3A4 activation -> oxysterols -> LXR) which also seems to be linked to bile.

Marcine

Would you mind linking. The name you wrote seems to go to a dentist but there is a Halderman and other names but no Halderson that I can find. Thank you!

Hi Amber

My thyroid labs are within normal mainstream ranges but my temps are as low as 93.7.

I have had elevated liver enzymes since 18 years old. I was a blackout binge drinker though. 32 years old now and taking care of my liver for roughly 6 months has not helped my temps or learned helplessness much.

Thankfully our Bulgarian American Angel sent from above @haidut has a manifested DeFibron for reversing poor liver health in all these suffering hamsters! Start that hamster slow, 1 drop daily. 1 drop at first would send my fur ball to the moon with dopamine.

My last labs showed improvement in liver health but I am wary to test now with the local testing site being Covid Central.

Broken man

Ye, this is perfect... Bile is very important and that is a reason why some steroids work better than thyroid.

Zpol

Would you mind linking. The name you wrote seems to go to a dentist but there is a Halderman and other names but no Halderson that I can find. Thank you!
Somehow I missed your post last month, just saw it today randomly. Here's a link to a Dr Kelly Halderman podcast. There's more out there but this one explains a lot. Here's a link to how she determines extent of inflammation.

Murtaza

Ye, this is perfect... Bile is very important and that is a reason why some steroids work better than thyroid.
hey do you wanna expand on that? like how steroids work better than thyroid and which steroids exactly? thanks

Hi Amber

My thyroid labs are within normal mainstream ranges but my temps are as low as 93.7.

I have had elevated liver enzymes since 18 years old. I was a blackout binge drinker though. 32 years old now and taking care of my liver for roughly 6 months has not helped my temps or learned helplessness much.

Thankfully our Bulgarian American Angel sent from above @haidut has a manifested DeFibron for reversing poor liver health in all these suffering hamsters! Start that hamster slow, 1 drop daily. 1 drop at first would send my fur ball to the moon with dopamine.

My last labs showed improvement in liver health but I am wary to test now with the local testing site being Covid Central.

@2ManyHistamines:

Thanks for posting. I'm interested in your experiences with DeFibron. I also have liver problems (probably arising from a toxic stew of hypothyroidism, LPS, and malnutrition), and at least on paper, DeFibron looks like it could help on multiple fronts. I tried 2 drops of DeFibron and experienced just what your hamster did. Could you post more about your experiments with DeFibron, either here or in the DeFibron thread, and tag me? In particular, I'd be interested in hearing about how long it took to tolerate 1 drop without a dopamine/adrenaline spike, the rate at which you increased doses, and whether DeFibron helped with glycogen storage or estrogen detox, two areas where my liver is failing right now.

In any case, I wish you continued progress.

Broken man

hey do you wanna expand on that? like how steroids work better than thyroid and which steroids exactly? thanks
Most people have high estrogen and that is reason why are Hypo and why thyroid is not working for so much. I like many other guys tried thyroid without success but had good success with DHEA and androsterone.

K

Kratos

Ray says no starch diet should fix endotoxin issues, maybe try that?

golder

Most people have high estrogen and that is reason why are Hypo and why thyroid is not working for so much. I like many other guys tried thyroid without success but had good success with DHEA and androsterone.
Very interesting, thanks for this! Could you share what doses of Androsterone and DHEA that you found benefitted from, and then how long thereafter the thyroid started working after the introduction of these steroids? Great help, thanks for your insights.

Broken man

Very interesting, thanks for this! Could you share what doses of Androsterone and DHEA that you found benefitted from, and then how long thereafter the thyroid started working after the introduction of these steroids? Great help, thanks for your insights.
The best is to use testosterone with some AI but Its hard to get. I am using 4 drops of Pansterone and 2 drops of Andro.

Kvothe

I doubt that's the primary reason for most people's hypothyroidism, and even when estrogen is a significant factor, the main reason would probably be its' effect on the liver. I think @Amber is correct with her assumption about the liver being the main issue for most hypothyroid people. Most hypothyroid people here are not able to fix their problems with exogenous thyroid. I think that's because most people use a product containing at least some T4, or they use very high doses of T3 that will trigger a defensive reaction.
People with hypothyroidism typically have normal T4 serum levels, low T3, and very high rT3. So, the main issue is deiodination of T4 to T3, and abnormal production of rT3. In hypothyroid people, deiodination happens almost exclusively in the liver, and is impaired significantly. So, it's no real surprise that most people are unable to fix their problems with Cynoplus or dessicated thyroid. Their livers simply can't handle the extra T4. Taking extra thyroid will simply further increase their T4/T3, and rT3/T3 ratios, thereby further impairing their liver function. The number of people here that were able to to correct their problems with one or two grains of thyroid can be counted on the fingers of one hand. Most people experience only a very short-lived positive effect, or feel worse right away. The classic Broda Barnes/Ray Peat story of the person that takes a few grains of thyroid and feels better for the rest of their lives doesn't really seem to happen in real life.

I think the only real option for a person with a really compromised liver is to take small amounts of t3 several times a day. It's the only protocol that has reliably shown to increase serum t3 and improve liver function in hypothyroid people. Once the liver has recovered to a certain extent, one can probably start including some T4 with the T3.

Broken man

I doubt that's the primary reason for most people's hypothyroidism, and even when estrogen is a significant factor, the main reason would probably be its' effect on the liver. I think @Amber is correct with her assumption about the liver being the main issue for most hypothyroid people. Most hypothyroid people here are not able to fix their problems with exogenous thyroid. I think that's because most people use a product containing at least some T4, or they use very high doses of T3 that will trigger a defensive reaction.
People with hypothyroidism typically have normal T4 serum levels, low T3, and very high rT3. So, the main issue is deiodination of T4 to T3, and abnormal production of rT3. In hypothyroid people, deiodination happens almost exclusively in the liver, and is impaired significantly. So, it's no real surprise that most people are unable to fix their problems with Cynoplus or dessicated thyroid. Their livers simply can't handle the extra T4. Taking extra thyroid will simply further increase their T4/T3, and rT3/T3 ratios, thereby further impairing their liver function. The number of people here that were able to to correct their problems with one or two grains of thyroid can be counted on the fingers of one hand. Most people experience only a very short-lived positive effect, or feel worse right away. The classic Broda Barnes/Ray Peat story of the person that takes a few grains of thyroid and feels better for the rest of their lives doesn't really seem to happen in real life.

I think the only real option for a person with a really compromised liver is to take small amounts of t3 several times a day. It's the only protocol that has reliably shown to increase serum t3 and improve liver function in hypothyroid people. Once the liver has recovered to a certain extent, one can probably start including some T4 with the T3.
Man my thyroid medication started working after LDN. Until that, thyroid was not working even at very high doses and I tried all- t4, T3, t4/t3

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals