Connection Between Histamine And Liver Health? Histamine And Nitric Oxide?

FredSonoma

Hello all, through the past couple weeks of feeling very energetic, but extremely stressed, I changed a lot of things. I think I was pushing my metabolism / dopamine receptors past my limit with thyroid / caffeine / cocoa powder / sugar and it was causing my body to overcompensate to produce serotonin or cortisol, or something like that.

Through this period, I also noticed that my pupils were exceptionally small. (I also felt somewhat tense, and my eyes would be constantly squinted) Over the past week, I have added in DHEA / Preg, Pregnenolone, L-Theanine (in green tea), and more gelatin, all which have helped me relax. I have noticed I am enjoying life much more, feel much calmer, and girls are looking at me more ;) Also, I have noticed that my pupils are somewhat larger.

I certainly get large relief from Methylene Blue - I can't do too large of doses though or I feel like my serotonin is high. I imagine this means I have liver problems, as well as too much Nitric Oxide. I am not sure why, but I feel like there is some kind of connection between Nitric Oxide and Histamine. I also feel like this must all be connected by to liver health. However, cyproheptadine, a potent antihistamine, does not seem to be a good idea for people like myself with liver problems. Also, I am kind of addicted to thyroid, but I feel that it isn't really helping my liver. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Koveras

Nitric oxide can intensify histamine reactions - and nitric oxide is increased through estrogen.

Estrogen worsens allergic reactions

Lisuride may be helpful?

So, for the people who need a dopamine agonist, serotonin antagonist, and histamine antagonist all combined into one and without serious side effects then lisuride may be a viable option. It also has the added benefit that by being an antagonist at the 5-HT2B receptor, lisuride can prevent tissue fibrosis (e.g. liver) and in many cases even reverse it.

Lisuride is a potent anti-histamine, and peripheral serotonin antagonist

Anti-histamines may block estrogen's effects, which would reduce NO, and improve conditions related to estrogen/NO/histamine.

Ray said that antihistamines block estrogen's effects. In other words, they won't lower it but they should be able to prevent the damage and PMS. He also said that antihistamines have such broad protective effects that if the pharma industry had a way of re-patenting the first generation ones (since they are not liver toxic) it would have submitted them for clinical trials on every major disease. Aspirin lowers histamine comparable to Benadryl, but not as fast. This is probably behind at least some of the antiestrogenic effects of aspirin.

Relationschip Histamine and low Estrogen

OP
F

FredSonoma

Nitric oxide can intensify histamine reactions - and nitric oxide is increased through estrogen.

Estrogen worsens allergic reactions

Lisuride may be helpful?

Lisuride is a potent anti-histamine, and peripheral serotonin antagonist

Anti-histamines may block estrogen's effects, which would reduce NO, and improve conditions related to estrogen/NO/histamine.

Relationschip Histamine and low Estrogen
Awesome thanks, I have seen Lisuride mentioned here and there and will look into it. However, it seems a little too perfect to be good for your liver too haha.

Trix

FredSonoma,
I have been studying Thiamine since Jan and it is related to so many issues. The things you listed that you are doing at the moment could possibly induce thiamine deficiency. Have you investigated it at all?

Eur J Pharmacol. 1996 Dec 19;317(2-3):263-7.
Vesicular dysfunction during experimental thiamine deficiency is indicated by alterations in dopamine metabolism.
Mousseau DD1, Rao VL, Butterworth RF.
Author information
Abstract

Experimental and clinical studies indicate that catecholamines play an important role in the neurobehavioural symptomatology of thiamine deficiency. Given the cerebral region-selective vulnerability and the behavioural impairment commonly encountered in thiamine deficiency, we undertook to investigate regional catecholamine metabolism in the brains of pyrithiamine-induced thiamine-deficient rats. Dopamine metabolism was unaffected in the striatum. In contrast, other regions also known to be involved in sensory processing and intellectual function (e.g., frontal cortex, hypothalamus, thalamus), but having a greater noradrenergic input, had increased levels of 3,4-dihydroxyphenylacetic acid (DOPAC) and decreased levels of other dopaminergic metabolites including noradrenaline. In these regions levels of the vesicular amine transporter, defined by tetrabenazine-sensitive [3H]ketanserin binding, were also decreased. Our data suggest a region-selective vesicular dysfunction resulting in intraneuronal release, and subsequent degradation, of dopamine. These disruptions of dopamine and consequently noradrenaline metabolism may account for certain neurobehavioural deficits commonly encountered in thiamine deficiency.

PMID:
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Here is another one on Serotonin:
Alterations in serotonin parameters in brain of thiamine-deficient rats are evident prior to the appearance of neurological symptoms. - PubMed - NCBI