Connection between chilhood antibiotic use and adult acne/digestion issues?

Several years ago I read an article about problems caused by over prescription of antibiotics. Since this was in like 2009, it has seemingly been eaten by the internet. Does anybody know what that connection is aside from vague references to the microbiome. I feel like I recall reading that there were metabolic consequences as well.

Motif

I got issues with digestion and seborhhic eczema and I think it’s connected.

But I don’t know how to find out what’s wrong.

low stomach acid or high.
bile?
microbium?

a lot of experiencing i guess

OP
K
I had the eczema as wel. Lots of heartburn. I used to get a yellow tongue a lot in my teens and twenties. Randomly, I'll get slow digestion. I hear that can be thyroid related.

I was put on Limecycline and some other broad scale antibiotic in my early teens(around about 14) for about 6months. I've always wondered if that set the stage for a lot of the things i experience now, since there was no mention of Probiotics, Digestive Enzyme replacement or the type of food i should be eating to manage the gut situation after the course was completed. **** GP's seriously

Any pointers on what we should focus on in these kinds of situations?

OP
K
I was put on Limecycline and some other broad scale antibiotic in my early teens(around about 14) for about 6months. I've always wondered if that set the stage for a lot of the things i experience now, since there was no mention of Probiotics, Digestive Enzyme replacement or the type of food i should be eating to manage the gut situation after the course was completed. **** GP's seriously

Any pointers on what we should focus on in these kinds of situations?
No idea.

I've tried a lot of different things to heal my acne. Massively decreasing omega-6 intake by making all my own sauces, getting saturated fat from higher quality beef, dairy, and eggs, and experimenting with different levels of carb consumption have all helped to a degree.

I started megadosing vitamin A after reading some 80s studies about doing so for acne. That seems to have helped.

But for the digestion specifically, some research indicates that melatonin and glutamine can help heal ulcers and other permeabilities of the intestinal lining, so I've been supplementing those as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals