Confused On My Bloodwork

Prometheus

I’m pretty much new here But I have a couple of questions on my bloodwork and how to go about making it better.
I’m 18 and got this bloodwork this past summer when I was 17. I’m 5’7 140-155lb is the range I usually stay within.
At the time of this bloodwork my diet was lower in carbs and most of those carbs coming from starch or grains. Would eat a burger and fries pretty often and was mostly consuming saturated fats and would salt my food a good bit. Any advice would be great!

Attachments

• 2BF891CD-AFA3-42A5-9F4A-56EE8495D823.jpeg
    2BF891CD-AFA3-42A5-9F4A-56EE8495D823.jpeg
    290.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 6C8CF785-F77C-427E-B1CA-8C3DCF3DF5F6.jpeg
    6C8CF785-F77C-427E-B1CA-8C3DCF3DF5F6.jpeg
    340 KB · Views: 72
  • C2847992-B3DC-4500-B5E2-CEF3BBB24979.jpeg
    C2847992-B3DC-4500-B5E2-CEF3BBB24979.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 68
  • C9112A94-23DD-4294-94F2-1CC8A49F69F7.jpeg
    C9112A94-23DD-4294-94F2-1CC8A49F69F7.jpeg
    333.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 43642EA0-C05F-4DB7-A12C-8E7BC5C9BFBC.jpeg
    43642EA0-C05F-4DB7-A12C-8E7BC5C9BFBC.jpeg
    365.5 KB · Views: 50
OP
Prometheus

Prometheus

You post about your confusion and you have some questions but I didnt see any.

What are you confused about and what are your questions?
Not sure exactly if it’s good or horrible honestly. Sorry for not clearing that up, I know my T is like really high and I’m thankful for that but the rest I’m not sure whether it’s optimal or problematic. Also got a prolactin lab done last week and it was at 12.5 and top of the range was 15. What should be higher/lower?

Luckytype

Well to be honest most things look pretty good, your test to estrogen ratio probably looks the way it does becaue your T is good and high so your body is trying just to keep it in balance. Theres a ton of people who would probably kill for that. Prolactin could maybe be up because of gut irritation pushing serotonin up or it could be following estrogen up in the balance part. I think many may argue your tsh level is high, but your t4 and 3 are decent so the call of tsh is being answered by the thyroid which is great.

The thing in your case since you havent noted any health issues is to get in the habit of eating well rounded and healthy. Moderation is key and in your case eat well but dont forget to live a little. Alot of us here are here because we didnt do this soon enough. I dont know if I would go straight into full peating at your age, but the nutrition principles and idea of balance and certainly be applied.

The big thing is creating an environment that handles physical stressors well. This is in part from nutritional buffers and in good nutritonal status but also lifestyle and being healthy-active, enjoying the sun etc that you will read about being here

Last edited:
D

danishispsychic

It would be interesting to know your iodine levels

OP
Prometheus

Prometheus

Well to be honest most things look pretty good, your test to estrogen ratio probably looks the way it does becaue your T is good and high so your body is trying just to keep it in balance. Theres a ton of people who would probably kill for that. Prolactin could maybe be up because of gut irritation pushing serotonin up or it could be following estrogen up in the balance part. I think many may argue your tsh level is high, but your t4 and 3 are decent so the call of tsh is being answered by the thyroid which is great.

The thing in your case since you havent noted any health issues is to get in the habit of eating well rounded and healthy. Moderation is key and in your case eat well but dont forget to live a little. Alot of us here are here because we didnt do this soon enough. I dont know if I would go straight into full peating at your age, but the nutrition principles and idea of balance and certainly be applied.

The big thing is creating an environment that handles physical stressors well. This is in part from nutritional buffers and in good nutritonal status but also lifestyle and being healthy-active, enjoying the sun etc that you will read about being here
Yeah Well when it comes to health issues I do tend to get really bloated and have had SIBO and bad digestion before but fixed it by cutting out grains dairy and starch. I have had hair thinning just around the hairline and that general area but nothing drastic but it’s stopped since. I stopped eating sugar at about 13 because my dads a doc/bodybuilder and I soon after gained weight nipples got puffy and hair started to thin some. Got some pretty bad seborrheoc dermatitis on my face around my nose and under the eyes but got that taken care of with cream, and even before cutting sugar (most of my carbs) I had halitosis, tongue was always white. But I feel like my only real issue is prolactin, now that I’ve been looking back I noticed a huge difference in personality and overall energy levels after my nipples got puffy. I’m guessing this is due to us supressing dopamine and am pretty sure it’s lower than it should be. Gives a general apathy to things in a sense and I can tell how high and low it gets like night and day. Would cabergoline be a good idea to just get rid of prolactin untill I root cause of this fixed? Hate having prolactin so high, but why do you recommend not going full peat diet so young? I start implementing things he’s recommended just diet wise and notice I instantly feel better and lean down easily.

Luckytype

Right so with prolactin(mine is also high, no nip symptoms for me though) it can be caused by low thyroid function(not you based on numbers), lowered dopamine(a few things can cause this), it can follow estrogen up, and it comes up with serotonin is high.

So since youve experienced some sibo, it very well could be downstream of the gut issues.

If it were me, mind you im 33 I would try small amounts of caber BUT I think in your case its probably related to time and continuing working on easily digestable and nutritious foods and working on getting estrogen and that gut back in check. I dont know if I would do caber at your age right away. Your androgens are crankin' so there is likely to be an upset here and there if diet isnt perfect. Charcoal and carrots(search on here) can help lower serotonin and estrogen, as well as making the carb sources the non disruptive kind.

The only reason I say maybe not full on peating(unless you love it) is you can have nutritional balance but still have the things you want. Pufa obviously is pretty nasty stuff but im saying being a peating zombie and missing out on stuff here and there.

One thing I think you could do is download cronometer and track food for a day and post it in this thread. That way we can all see what you could improve upon.

OP
Prometheus

Prometheus

Right so with prolactin(mine is also high, no nip symptoms for me though) it can be caused by low thyroid function(not you based on numbers), lowered dopamine(a few things can cause this), it can follow estrogen up, and it comes up with serotonin is high.

So since youve experienced some sibo, it very well could be downstream of the gut issues.

If it were me, mind you im 33 I would try small amounts of caber BUT I think in your case its probably related to time and continuing working on easily digestable and nutritious foods and working on getting estrogen and that gut back in check. I dont know if I would do caber at your age right away. Your androgens are crankin' so there is likely to be an upset here and there if diet isnt perfect. Charcoal and carrots(search on here) can help lower serotonin and estrogen, as well as making the carb sources the non disruptive kind.

The only reason I say maybe not full on peating(unless you love it) is you can have nutritional balance but still have the things you want. Pufa obviously is pretty nasty stuff but im saying being a peating zombie and missing out on stuff here and there.

One thing I think you could do is download cronometer and track food for a day and post it in this thread. That way we can all see what you could improve upon.
Well diet is changing frequently because I’m trying to really get a feel for what works best for me and experimenting with different macro ratios in my meals. I’m not tracking anything anymore just higher protein carb or fat meals throughout the day. Had a diet/fitness coach recently and I just had to stop because he insisted a fat intake level that just doesn’t work well with me. And as far as staying on track with my diet the only setback is going out to eat with friends and family, which I can usually pick something out relatively peaty I guess you’d say. I stay away from PUFA like the plague it just makes me feel horrible. Could caber disrupt anything? Worst side effect I’ve heard of is cumming more than once in one go haha

Luckytype

Well diet is changing frequently because I’m trying to really get a feel for what works best for me and experimenting with different macro ratios in my meals. I’m not tracking anything anymore just higher protein carb or fat meals throughout the day. Had a diet/fitness coach recently and I just had to stop because he insisted a fat intake level that just doesn’t work well with me. And as far as staying on track with my diet the only setback is going out to eat with friends and family, which I can usually pick something out relatively peaty I guess you’d say. I stay away from PUFA like the plague it just makes me feel horrible. Could caber disrupt anything? Worst side effect I’ve heard of is cumming more than once in one go haha
Kudos to you for advocating and insisting on what you know is better for you. I honestly cannot stand fitness coaches and people that give fitness based dietary advice as their "job". I was witness to a dude locally with an anorexic client(visually obvious and diagnosed later) having her eat keto and do fasted cardio...

So on caber, there arent a lot of long term studies. We know that in much higher doses if can be somewhat fibrotic but these are over longer term and again at higher doses.

We know caber can influence the cells not to secrete prolactin but if the cause that triggers them isnt fixed or improved then theoretically it would readjust and re-secrete once the body realizes whats going on. Wasted time/effort so to speak

Even with pufa, you can attenuate the response by vitamin E and just ensuring you are getting a good ratio or saturated fats.

The reason I suggested tracking just for a day or two was to see if you are at least in the ballpark on most things.

Also, keep in mind hormonal changes take not weeks, but months. Patience is a key thing here, i think some people miss that

OP
Prometheus

Prometheus

Kudos to you for advocating and insisting on what you know is better for you. I honestly cannot stand fitness coaches and people that give fitness based dietary advice as their "job". I was witness to a dude locally with an anorexic client(visually obvious and diagnosed later) having her eat keto and do fasted cardio...

So on caber, there arent a lot of long term studies. We know that in much higher doses if can be somewhat fibrotic but these are over longer term and again at higher doses.

We know caber can influence the cells not to secrete prolactin but if the cause that triggers them isnt fixed or improved then theoretically it would readjust and re-secrete once the body realizes whats going on. Wasted time/effort so to speak

Even with pufa, you can attenuate the response by vitamin E and just ensuring you are getting a good ratio or saturated fats.

The reason I suggested tracking just for a day or two was to see if you are at least in the ballpark on most things.

Also, keep in mind hormonal changes take not weeks, but months. Patience is a key thing here, i think some people miss that
Fixing health definetly takes time I’ve come to understand that lately, but anyways thanks man you’ve been lots of help!