Confused On Iodine?

Kyle Bigman

Hold up, so should we be striving for the recommended daily value, higher amounts, or lower amounts of iodine...?

I realized my diet is likely deficient so I was gonna go run out and grab some seaweed tomorrow.

burtlancast

Thanks.
Very interesting.

Contrary to amphibian metamorphosis, thyroidectomy and hypothyroidism in mammals may be considered a sort of phylogenetic and metabolic regression to a former stage of reptilian life. Indeed, many disorders that seem to afflict hypothyroid humans have reptilian-like features, such as dry, hairless, scaly, cold skin and a general slowdown of metabolism, digestion, heart rate and nervous reflexes, with lethargic cerebration, hyperuricemia and hypothermia ( Venturi, 2000).

LeeLemonoil

This phylogenetic angle is intriguing. For a time, T3 was thought to be the „juvenile hormone“-analouges in mammals. JH is insect.
Nowadays Arnold de Loof sees Retinal and Farnesoides as phylogenetic remnant nur important pathways in humans.
I think Ecdysteroids are also able to compensate for this hypothyroid state from the citation above - a phylogenetic explaination might be found for it

Ras

Hold up, so should we be striving for the recommended daily value, higher amounts, or lower amounts of iodine...?

I realized my diet is likely deficient so I was gonna go run out and grab some seaweed tomorrow.
I found the research here to be enlightening.

I chose not to take seaweed because its polysaccharides concentrate a great deal of bromide.

Cirion

I just started taking 5% lugols concentration. While I know it’s unfair to declare a verdict yet, I took my first dosage yesterday and actually got too much energy and couldn’t sleep for a while lol. Probably didn’t help I confused dosages between “one drop” and “one dropper”. Whoops. I took the whole dropper. Honestly I probably needed a one time iodine superload anyway to help detox bromine, chlorine, etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals