Confused On Aspirin What Should I Get?

G Forrest

Ray peat gets the Bayer one when he's in Mexico. I get it too, it seems to be doing the job.

Maybe the Bayer in Mexico is pure aspirin but in the US it's got a bunch of undesirable extra stuff in it so I avoid it (along with pretty much every other aspirin brand on the store shelves in the US:

Inactive Ingredients:Carnauba Wax , Corn Starch, Hypromellose, Powdered Cellulose, Triacetin.

superGrover

Over here the inactive ingredients are: corn starch and powdered cellulose. Ray peat gets pure crystals in the us, but I don't know which ones. He said it in one KMUD show. You can search the audio transcripts section of the forum to find it probably.

Syncopated

You can do stomach damage if you're not taking it with glycine or dissolved with baking soda. Some tolerance to this occurs over time. I can take about 650mg in tablet form per day without problems. More than that and I have to dissolve the crystals with baking soda. I'd bet you could crush the cornstarch pills and dissolve them with baking soda. If you're taking more than 600mg/day you might need K2 also.
K1 is the clotting vitamin, not K2.

Dan W

Thanks G Forrest! I've written them for confirmation that the tablets are 100% aspirin. It's intriguing if so, since I suspect the veterinary aspirin goes bad sooner because of all the exposed surface area of the small crystals.

G Forrest

Just got a bottle in the mail of the A to Z product. It has cornstarch as an inactive ingredient, so not 100% pure.

But at least it's another option in addition to Gericare.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals